Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

‘Feel the passion of my thanks’: April Ryan throws major shade after Sarah Sanders demands she be thankful

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 11:52 PM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this
he White House press corp trolled White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Monday after she demanded that each reporter say what in their life they are thankful for before they were allowed to ask a question.
ADVERTISING

“I’m going to share a couple of things that I’m thankful for and I think it would be nice for you guys to share a few things before you ask the questions,” Sanders told the reporters.

“I’m clearly thankful for all of you in the room,” Sanders quipped.

The press secretary offered the first question to CNN contributor April Ryan with the condition that she say what she was most thankful for.

“I’m thankful to be able to talk to you and question you,” Ryan explained. “I hope you felt the passion of my thankfulness.”
Report Advertisement

As Sanders called on each journalist, it was clear that they were not feeling enthusiastic about the exercise until one correspondent said that she was “thankful for the First Amendment,” causing exclamations of agreement in the room.

“I think we all are,” Sanders replied.

“Yeah, but we are part of it,” Ryan shouted back.
by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissAndree
by Ronita on Nov. 20, 2017 at 11:55 PM
6 moms liked this
Sanders is as petty as 45. It's like there is a contest to see who gets the "Petty as Fuck 2017" award .
😂😂😂😂😂😂
Elkamelka
by KayGee on Nov. 20, 2017 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Good lord. What a wackadoodle.
SuG4
by Firestarter on Nov. 20, 2017 at 11:59 PM
6 moms liked this
She sounded like she was attempting to teach a third grade class !!

Quoting MissAndree: Sanders is as petty as 45. It's like there is a contest to see who gets the "Petty as Fuck 2017" award .
😂😂😂😂😂😂
Bookwormy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 12:00 AM
I honestly don't know if this is an exciting or awful time to be a journalist.
RaverLady
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Bookwormy: I honestly don't know if this is an exciting or awful time to be a journalist.

It's an exciting and awful time to be everything.

billsfan1104
by on Nov. 21, 2017 at 6:03 AM
3 moms liked this
How petty of the journalists. She was just trying to do something nice. But of course you guys want to twist it.
romalove
by Roma on Nov. 21, 2017 at 6:11 AM
8 moms liked this

That's not their job, to give thanks with Sarah.  They are there for precious short minutes to listen to her and ask their questions.  How presumptuous she is to expect them to join her in that sort of trite exercise, it was completely unprofessional of her.  She should do that sort of nice thing with her family, not with a roomful of journalists.

Quoting billsfan1104: How petty of the journalists. She was just trying to do something nice. But of course you guys want to twist it.

GrayDuck41
by Linda on Nov. 21, 2017 at 6:13 AM
She did!
😂

Quoting SuG4: She sounded like she was attempting to teach a third grade class !!

Quoting MissAndree: Sanders is as petty as 45. It's like there is a contest to see who gets the "Petty as Fuck 2017" award .
😂😂😂😂😂😂
smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 6:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Have any press secretaries asked to do something similar in the past? I am wondering if this was an effort to lighten the mood and create a less hostile environment?

Quoting romalove:

That's not their job, to give thanks with Sarah.  They are there for precious short minutes to listen to her and ask their questions.  How presumptuous she is to expect them to join her in that sort of trite exercise, it was completely unprofessional of her.  She should do that sort of nice thing with her family, not with a roomful of journalists.

Quoting billsfan1104: How petty of the journalists. She was just trying to do something nice. But of course you guys want to twist it.

YoYiggy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Lmao, exactly!!

And their clapback was 👌

Quoting SuG4: She sounded like she was attempting to teach a third grade class !!

😂😂😂😂😂😂
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)