Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

11-22 1963.

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:18 PM
  • 105 Replies
Where were you ( if you were alive then) and what were you doing when it happened?
Thoughts? Memories?
by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carpy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:33 PM
2 moms liked this
I was sitting in my mom's belly while she played TV bingo. (Whaterever that was) I was born about 3 weeks later.

What were you doing and how did you hear?
Reading.Rainbow
by Sif on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:37 PM

I wasn't born yet.

PinkButterfly66
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I was not quite 2 years old yet. I probably had a full day of playing, driving my mom crazy and then taking a nap.

Alliemad_003
by New Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought you were talking about the Stephen King book...lol

I wasn’t born yet.
SuG4
by Firestarter on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I was in the second grade, and in school. My class was listening to a story on the radio, when the program was interrupted by the news. And Miss Grant ran out of the classroom, and we were let out of school, a little later.
Debmomto2teens
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:42 PM
2 moms liked this
I wasn’t even a thought yet.
romalove
by Roma on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:43 PM
2 moms liked this
I have told this story before but it seems appropriate to put it here. My mother always said that she was in the hospital giving birth to me and that prevented her from voting for President Kennedy. As I got older and learned about actual history I realized that I was born in November of 1962, and Kennedy was elected in November of 1960. My mother did miss her first opportunity to vote at age 21 because she was in the hospital having me. However she elevated that in her own mind to make it even bigger than it was by thinking she missed electing Kennedy.

So I was a one year old when he was assassinated.
GrayDuck41
by Linda on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I was a sophomore in college. I went to a friend's room in the dorm after lunch . We had a class that we were planning to attend together. She had a little black and white tv and she was watching As the World Turns on CBS. Suddenly, Walter Cronkite interrupted with the news that JFK had been shot. We sat in front of that TV for hours.crying.

Quoting Carpy: I was sitting in my mom's belly while she played TV bingo. (Whaterever that was) I was born about 3 weeks later.

What were you doing and how did you hear?
GrayDuck41
by Linda on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:48 PM
That was a good book! Really long but fascinating.

Quoting Alliemad_003: I thought you were talking about the Stephen King book...lol

I wasn’t born yet.
Alliemad_003
by New Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, it was really good! I read it twice...you always miss a lot of stuff in his books the first time.

Quoting GrayDuck41: That was a good book! Really long but fascinating.

Quoting Alliemad_003: I thought you were talking about the Stephen King book...lol

I wasn’t born yet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)