Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If a political candidate was accused of sexual harassment, would you consider voting for them if you agreed with them on issues….?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 3:03 PM
  • 128 Replies

Poll

Question: If a political candidate was accused of sexual harassment, would you consider voting for them if you agreed with them on issues….?

Options:

Yes, Dem

No, Dem

Yes, Repub

No, Repub

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 56

View Results

voting

by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ILovemyPaulie
by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 3:05 PM
4 moms liked this

No I would never vote for a Democrat.

Pema_Jampa
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 3:07 PM

So, you would vote republican even if they were guilty of sexual harassment or pedophilia? Just because they are not a democrat?

Quoting ILovemyPaulie:

handy0318
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't vote in your poll because I'm not either a dem or a repub.

However, as long as the accusations are credible (some have obvious credibility issues, such as Kathleen Willey) then no, I would not vote for the candidate.

ILovemyPaulie
by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 3:11 PM
4 moms liked this

OK, so first you posted "accused" and now you are saying "guilty"? So which is it?  I'd vote for Mickey Mouse before I would ever vote for a Democrat.  I may as well flog myself if I were to do that but I'm not into self abuse LOL

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

So, you would vote republican even if they were guilty of sexual harassment or pedophilia? Just because they are not a democrat?

Quoting ILovemyPaulie:

M4LG5
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 3:13 PM
4 moms liked this

Accused or were actually guilty of sexual harassment?

There are a lot of accusations for various things out there that are false or have been manipulated with the intention of hurting someone's campaign.  In this case, I would assess the source and then decide.

If the sources seem credible or if it came out they are true, then ....no, I would not vote.  I also would not vote for the other person because I do not agree with their politics.

MissAndree
by Ronita on Nov. 22, 2017 at 3:13 PM
10 moms liked this
I won't vote for anybody who has credible accusations of harrassment or abuse against them. I am as liberal as they come, and I won't vote for a liberal who is a sexual predator.
handy0318
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

How about "credible"?

Would you vote for a Republican in a tight race in a swing state over a Democrat if there were credible accusations against the Republican? Roy Moore is a great example here.

Quoting ILovemyPaulie:

OK, so first you posted "accused" and now you are saying "guilty"? So which is it?  I'd vote for Mickey Mouse before I would ever vote for a Democrat.  I may as well flog myself if I were to do that but I'm not into self abuse LOL

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Quoting ILovemyPaulie:

handy0318
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 3:22 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm a more conservative Christian and I can't get over how many Christians seem to give a pass on sexual predators..as long as they are Republican. 

Part of the reason why, although I'll always be a Christian, I doubt I will ever join a local church again.

Quoting MissAndree: I won't vote for anybody who has credible accusations of harrassment or abuse against them. I am as liberal as they come, and I won't vote for a liberal who is a sexual predator.

VooDooB
by Emerald Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Apparently Independents don't matter.

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Nov. 22, 2017 at 3:24 PM
This poll is skewed.
Anyone can vote anyway to make a side look like they don't care.
Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)