Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Watch: in 2013 Corey Feldman tried to talk about sexual abuse in Hollywood. Barbra Walters shot him down in the most disgusting way

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 4:22 PM
  • 28 Replies

Barbara Walters wasn't sympathetic when Corey Feldman admitted abuse by Hollywood pedophiles 

Barbara Walters was more concerned with Hollywood's reputation than Corey Feldman's allegations of sexual abuse against him as a child.

In a recently resurfaced "The View" interview from 2013, Walters shoots back at Feldman's story of pedophilia in the business, declaring, "You're damaging an entire industry."

"There are people that were the people that did this to both me and Corey (Haim) that are still working. They're still out there, and that are some of the richest most powerful people in this business," Feldman said.

"And they do not want me saying what I am saying right now," he continued.

When Walters questioned if he was stating that there are pedophiles still in the business, he responded, "yes."

The clip started gaining traction online in the wake of mounting allegations of sexual harassment against film producer Harvey Weinstein and other actors who described situations of sexual harassment and assault in Hollywood.

Feldman, 46, shared an article featuring the video, but clarified that he was not referring to Weinstein.

Countless social media users came out in support of Feldman's allegations with many noting that his story was the first that came to mind when the New York Times and the New Yorker published damning reports about Weinstein.

Reps for Walters did not immediately respond to a Daily News request for comment.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/corey-feldman-talked-hollywood-abuse-barbara-walters-2013-article-1.3568826

by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluefirewolf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw this - truly despicable

VooDooB
by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

You believe Corey even though there is no proof, but you don't believe Tweeden's allegations are legit, even with photo evidence. Interesting, although not surprising I suppose.

bluefirewolf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 4:56 PM
2 moms liked this

where did you get the idea that I don't believe Tweeden?  I never said I didn't believe her - I think she was kissed inappropriately by Franken and of coursed groped by him without her consent - I also believe there was a lot of sexual joking on the part of male and female participants in that USO tour (including her own groping).  I think in terms of the kissing (which was part of a script) I think he could have gotten mixed messages.  That being said, you can't give consent if you are sleeping and someone gropes your boobs.  He also admitted to wrong doing - which one does wonder if he would have admitted it, if there wasn't proof.   I also believe the other allegation as well against him - that I posted btw.  Democrats have been telling him to step down. This is very difficult for me as I was a big fan of his and of course he represented me politically.  But I have not heard ONE not even ONE trump supporter or republican saying that trump should step down and certainly there are many more women accusing him and he has admitted to kissing women without their consent as well and there have been rape allegations against him.  

Quoting VooDooB:

You believe Corey even though there is no proof, but you don't believe Tweeden's allegations are legit, even with photo evidence. Interesting, although not surprising I suppose.

SeanandNoahsmom
by Dawn on Nov. 22, 2017 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I think Franken needs to step down for that groping while she was sleeping. I have voted Republican many times, such as McCain, but don’t belong to either party. Trump has admitted to using his wealth and star power to kiss and grab women by the genitals, so he, too, should resign.

Do you feel Franken should have to step down?

Quoting bluefirewolf:

where did you get the idea that I don't believe Tweeden?  I never said I didn't believe her - I think she was kissed inappropriately by Franken and of coursed groped by him without her consent - I also believe there was a lot of sexual joking on the part of male and female participants in that USO tour (including her own groping).  I think in terms of the kissing (which was part of a script) I think he could have gotten mixed messages.  That being said, you can't give consent if you are sleeping and someone gropes your boobs.  He also admitted to wrong doing - which one does wonder if he would have admitted it, if there wasn't proof.   I also believe the other allegation as well against him - that I posted btw.  Democrats have been telling him to step down. This is very difficult for me as I was a big fan of his and of course he represented me politically.  But I have not heard ONE not even ONE trump supporter or republican saying that trump should step down and certainly there are many more women accusing him and he has admitted to kissing women without their consent as well and there have been rape allegations against him.  

Quoting VooDooB:

SeanandNoahsmom
by Dawn on Nov. 22, 2017 at 5:17 PM
I lost a lot of the considerable respect I have for Walters, after seeing this interview a couple years ago.
bluefirewolf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 5:20 PM

if what's good for the goose is good for the gander - but if he does, trump needs to as well and there should be enough of congress outrage and outcry for it to be implimented -there won't be - because apparently he is the miracle worker for the country who can do no wrong - 

Quoting SeanandNoahsmom: I think Franken needs to step down for that groping while she was sleeping. I have voted Republican many times, such as McCain, but don’t belong to either party. Trump has admitted to using his wealth and star power to kiss and grab women by the genitals, so he, too, should resign. Do you feel Franken should have to step down?
Quoting bluefirewolf:

Quoting VooDooB:

MissAndree
by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this
A woman more concerned about supporting the patriarchy than the people abused?
I'm shocked, I tell you!

Not really. I'm not shocked at all.
Trouser.Mouse
by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this
She exhibited exactly the reason why people don't come forward.
midnight_storm
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 5:32 PM
2 moms liked this
I am trying to find the best wording in which not to demean or downplay any person. So please understand that from the beginning here. It was very hard for me to deal with being raped at 17. I can only imagine how hard it is for a child molested. And for men...there is added stigmas that go beyond victim shaming to make more obstacles to open up about it. I haven’t like Walters since that interview back in 2013. It was disgusting and beyond disappointing.
midnight_storm
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2017 at 5:34 PM
Thank you, that was exactly the words that were failing me in my own reply.

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: She exhibited exactly the reason why people don't come forward.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)