Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Split From Trump Indicates That Flynn Is Moving to Cooperate With Mueller

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2017 at 10:45 PM
  • 7 Replies

A Split From Trump Indicates That Flynn Is Moving to Cooperate With Mueller

By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT, MATT APUZZO and MAGGIE HABERMAN NOV. 23, 2017

Lawyers for Michael T. Flynn, President Trump’s former national security adviser, are said to have terminated an information-sharing agreement with the president’s legal team. Credit Carlos Barria/Reuters

WASHINGTON — Lawyers for Michael T. Flynn, President Trump’s former national security adviser, notified the president’s legal team in recent days that they could no longer discuss the special counsel’s investigation, according to four people involved in the case — an indication that Mr. Flynn is cooperating with prosecutors or negotiating a deal.

Mr. Flynn’s lawyers had been sharing information with Mr. Trump’s lawyers about the investigation by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, who is examining whether anyone around Mr. Trump was involved in Russian efforts to undermine Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

That agreement has been terminated, the four people said. Defense lawyers frequently share information during investigations, but they must stop when doing so would pose a conflict of interest. It is unethical for lawyers to work together when one client is cooperating with prosecutors and another is still under investigation.

The notification alone does not prove that Mr. Flynn is cooperating with Mr. Mueller. Some lawyers withdraw from information-sharing arrangements as soon as they begin negotiating with prosecutors. And such negotiations sometimes fall apart.

Still, the notification led Mr. Trump’s lawyers to believe that Mr. Flynn — who, along with his son, is seen as having significant criminal exposure — has, at the least, begun discussions with Mr. Mueller about cooperating.

Continue reading the main story

by on Nov. 23, 2017 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Can’t wait to see how this plays out.
PamR
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:41 AM

yep.

Quoting LauraKW: Can’t wait to see how this plays out.

Btamilee2753
by Lee on Nov. 24, 2017 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I think if the evidence is there....get on with it and if its not lets move on.  I think most of America will be glad when this is over one way or the other.  

UnoDuoTres
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 9:29 AM

Shouldn't take more than another couple of years.

Quoting Btamilee2753:

I think if the evidence is there....get on with it and if its not lets move on.  I think most of America will be glad when this is over one way or the other.  

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

That is for sure! Get this over and done!

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Nov. 24, 2017 at 10:33 AM
We all saw it coming. Rats doing what 🐀 do.
ashellbell
by shellbark on Nov. 24, 2017 at 12:07 PM
Agreed but it takes time. It doesn’t look like Paul Manafort will even see his first day of court until May of 2018. All of it will probably take years.

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)