Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LOL! Trump tweets that he turned down Time’s Person of the Year

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:42 PM
  • 49 Replies

Mobile Photo

by on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
francee89
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:48 PM
12 moms liked this
So good on so many levels

1) I think there’s a 0% chance this happened as he’s saying. I think he realizes he may not be it, and pulled a “you can’t fire me, I quit” just like he did when he “uninvited” the GSW who said they probably weren’t coming and “disbanded” the business councils when the CEO were already quitting

2) it’s been called Person of the Year for 18 years, get over it

3) he wanted to be on the cover of Time so badly he made fake ones and hung them up, and complained for years when he wasn’t included, so I think there’s a 0% chance he turned them down

4) Person of the Year isn’t an “honor”, but how ungracious do you have to be to say “unless I win no way!!!! That’s not good enough!!!” and then advertise it like it’s something to be proud of?
justice4brown17
by Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:49 PM
Shame
jessilin0113
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 7:10 PM
6 moms liked this

What a jag

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 7:31 PM
6 moms liked this

I just saw what this Ex Time Editor tweeted!  LOL!

GrayDuck41
by Linda on Nov. 24, 2017 at 7:39 PM
I think you nailed it!

Quoting francee89: So good on so many levels

1) I think there’s a 0% chance this happened as he’s saying. I think he realizes he may not be it, and pulled a “you can’t fire me, I quit” just like he did when he “uninvited” the GSW who said they probably weren’t coming and “disbanded” the business councils when the CEO were already quitting

2) it’s been called Person of the Year for 18 years, get over it

3) he wanted to be on the cover of Time so badly he made fake ones and hung them up, and complained for years when he wasn’t included, so I think there’s a 0% chance he turned them down

4) Person of the Year isn’t an “honor”, but how ungracious do you have to be to say “unless I win no way!!!! That’s not good enough!!!” and then advertise it like it’s something to be proud of?
cookmom69
by Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 7:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Image result for oh snap memes

Quoting LancesMom:

I just saw what this Ex Time Editor tweeted!  LOL!

Lolitalux
by Lola on Nov. 24, 2017 at 7:45 PM
5 moms liked this
He is lying because I can't see him turning down a chance to talk about himself.

nb34
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 7:50 PM

Exactly!

Quoting Lolitalux: He is lying because I can't see him turning down a chance to talk about himself.

Pema_Jampa
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

‘They should give it to Mueller’: Internet pokes holes in Trump’s claim that he turned down TIME Magazine’s ‘man of the year’ distinction

After President Donald Trump trashed TIME magazine on Twitter earlier Friday evening, he swore he earned their “Person of the Year” for 2017 but turned it down.

Karen Tumulty, who previously wrote for TIME, revealed that when former President Barack Obama was named in 2008 it took a lot of “pestering” and effort to finally sit down for the interview during the transition. She also explained that “the managing editor is the committee of one who decides Person of the Year.”

Reporter Bill Shea joked that he was named TIME person of the year in 2006 but never got an interview or a photo shoot. That year, TIME announced the winner was “you” amid the social media revolution.

TIME’s offices were closed for the holiday leaving journalists only their Twitter followers to hear their complaints for confirmation. The rest of the post-holiday social media crowd sought outright mockery.

There were those who mocked Trump by quoting back one of his own famous phrases, “Believe me.” And gifs of Oprah pointing to audience members announcing what she was awarding them with. “You get person of the year! YOU get person of the year!”

See some of the best below:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)