Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pro-Life 15-Year-Old Punched in Face

Posted by   + Show Post

Pro-Life 15-Year-Old Punched in Face

Students for Life of America has released a disgusting new video showing a 15-year-old pro-life student who was punched in the face by an unidentified woman after standing outside a Planned Parenthood in an effort to prevent abortions. 

Purity Thomas is a member of Students for Life of America, in Roanoke, Virginia. On Saturday, she was praying and speaking to women in hopes of changing their hearts and saving their children from abortion near a Planned Parenthood abortion facility. Suddenly, a bystander walked up threateningly to Purity. The woman claimed she would "beat her up" and "f**k her up", according to Students for Life of America. The incident was caught on tape. 

“It’s horrific that a minor expressing love for pregnant women was targeted for violence,” said Kristan Hawkins, president of Students for Life of America, in the press release. “But this is not an isolated incident. Across the country we are witnessing a rise in the number of incidents of vandalism and violence against peaceful pro-life speech.”

“Even the American Bar Association is demonizing pro-life speech, trying to block pro-life attorneys from taking a seat on the bench,” said Hawkins. “We pray that the assailant from today’s attack is brought to justice swiftly. But we also pray for the protection of those who volunteer their time to speak for the innocent, preborn infants and their mothers.”

Students for Life of America is a non-profit whose mission is "to transform culture by helping young people make abortion unthinkable and obsolete on their campus, in their community, and in our nation." The video below highlights some of their success stories in helping young women and children.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2017/12/03/15yearold-prolifer-punched-in-face-outside-planned-parenthood-n2417454

by on Dec. 5, 2017 at 9:31 AM
Replies (401-407):
Btamilee2753
by Lee on Dec. 8, 2017 at 7:16 AM

I honestly did not feel it looked staged.  By staged, do you mean that the woman who hit the teen was in on it?  Has she forward with her take on the situation?  I without a doubt could be totally wrong in my assessment of the event, but what I saw was an assault on the teen.  There does not have to be a visible injury for it to be an assault.

Quoting Karmahappens:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Is there evidence that the pro life movement made this entire event up?  

Quoting Karmahappens:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

She did?  That is wrong of her if she did, but that does not change the fact that she was indeed assaulted.  

Quoting Debmomto2teens: Well the “victim” lied about her injuries.
Quoting Btamilee2753:

What do you think of this particular case?  Do you believe the woman was right to punch the young teen in the face?  

Quoting Karmahappens:

Pro lifers do not peacefully protest-they harrass woman going to get medical treatment.

They call them baby killer, they call them murderers.

They invent fake videos to accues PP of things they didn't do.

They are liars and scum and only care about the fetus-NEVER the actual live baby.

They should be arrested every time they get violent or cross any line of harrassment or intimidation.

The pro life movement has a long history of making things up...this video makes no sense as it is shown...could be yet another fake video.

The fact that no local papers covered it is a bit damning...not to mention the entire thing LOOKS staged...and of course the history of the movement itself is FULL of fake videos and lies..

I had my Dad pull his stack of local papers and NOTHING about it was in them. I serched the internet and ditto...except for Faux news an INTERVIEW with Purity -there was only articles from pro life news sources.

Btamilee2753
by Lee on Dec. 8, 2017 at 7:26 AM

Did the teen actually lie about her injuries, or did Tina Whittington lie, or both?  If what happened to this teen is being used for their agenda then that does bother me., and it would appear they are using Purity  But, that does not mean that this did not start out as an assault.  My opinion is based on the video.  It appeared to me that the teen was assaulted in the video.  What did or did not happen after the video does not change what appeared to show the other woman clearly charging over to the teen and putting her hands on the young woman.  

Quoting Debmomto2teens: I’m not arguing what assault is. However, if you lied about one thing, she could be lying about it all.
Quoting Btamilee2753:

I guess we just view it differently.  Going on what I saw on the video, it appeared to me that the teen was assaulted.  Now with that being said, it may be up for debate what her physical injuries were.  Like I said previously you do not need to sustain an injury for it to be considered an assault.  A mere shove can be an assault.  

Quoting Debmomto2teens: I don’t think assault is ever ok. I just don’t believe a word this teenager has stated. She said in one article she was in a mild amount of pain two days later but the police reported no injuries. The way she reels back and stumbles in the video looks completely fake to me. I don’t believe this videoN is real at all.
Quoting Btamilee2753:

Thanks for the information. Did Tina Whittington lie, or did the young teen lie?  You stated the teen lied about her injuries. If this event was used by the adults to further their own agenda that is without a doubt wrong, but that does not necessarily mean that the teen was not  assaulted.  You do not have to have an injury to be assaulted.  It bothers me that this teenager was struck or pushed by an adult.  I am all for woman's right to make decisions about her own body, but I also believe in free speech.  When the two meet.....not so nice things can happen.  

Quoting Debmomto2teens: The news article is on the bottom of page 31. Police stated there were no injuries. I can’t cooy and paste it on mobile.
Quoting Btamilee2753:

Ok....fair enough.  I just wanted to see some kind of evidence that this entire event was staged.  Not saying it wasn't, just saying I have not seen any evidence that it was.  Without a doubt a brutal attack seems more dramatic, but even a shove can be considered an assault.  From what I saw in the video, the teen was struck not shoved.  Either way....the woman had no right to put her hands on the teen, if that was indeed what happened.  

Quoting Debmomto2teens: Like I said, there is a news article posted somewhere back in this thread. This has gone from a brutal attack to now maybe just a shove. So, I stand by my opinion that I think this video is staged
Quoting Btamilee2753:

I was not aware that there were no injuries?  Where did you see that information? The reality is the minute she was touched...it became an assault.  A mere push can be an assault.  From what I saw, it appeared she was assaulted, if there is reliable evidence that she staged the entire event, than I am more than willing to consider that.  

Quoting Debmomto2teens: She lied about having injuries. There were no injuries. If she was punched in the face, there would be at least some type of mark.
Quoting Btamilee2753:

Lied about what exactly?  You are correct...anyone can stage a video, but I am unclear as to how this video could be staged unless BOTH the woman were willing participants.  Not saying it is not staged, I am just having a difficult time understanding how that could happen in this particular case.  

Quoting Debmomto2teens: I don’t have time to go through the thread. There is an article that states she lied and here were no injuries. Anyone can stage a video. In the video, you don’t even see an actual punch. It’s jist my opinion.
Quoting Btamilee2753:

She lied about her injuries?  I thought she went to the hospital?  So, the woman involved in the video who assaulted her was part of the "staged" video?  How did that possibly work....maybe I am missing something?

Quoting Debmomto2teens: I am not sure. IMO, if you are going to lie about your injuries, I’m going to doubt the rest of it.
Quoting Btamilee2753:

Is there actual proof that the event was staged? 

Quoting Debmomto2teens: Yes, it does change it. There is a news article somewhere in this thread. That video could be staged
Quoting Btamilee2753:

She did?  That is wrong of her if she did, but that does not change the fact that she was indeed assaulted.  

Quoting Btamilee2753:

What do you think of this particular case?  Do you believe the woman was right to punch the young teen in the face?  

Quoting Karmahappens:

Pro lifers do not peacefully protest-they harrass woman going to get medical treatment.

They are liars and scum and only care about the fetus-NEVER the actual live baby.

They should be arrested every time they get violent or cross any line of harrassment or intimidation.

Debmomto2teens
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 9:32 AM
She did. And the video could have been orchestrated by her and/or the adults in the video.

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Did the teen actually lie about her injuries, or did Tina Whittington lie, or both?  If what happened to this teen is being used for their agenda then that does bother me., and it would appear they are using Purity  But, that does not mean that this did not start out as an assault.  My opinion is based on the video.  It appeared to me that the teen was assaulted in the video.  What did or did not happen after the video does not change what appeared to show the other woman clearly charging over to the teen and putting her hands on the young woman.  

Quoting Debmomto2teens: I’m not arguing what assault is. However, if you lied about one thing, she could be lying about it all.

Quoting Btamilee2753:

I guess we just view it differently.  Going on what I saw on the video, it appeared to me that the teen was assaulted.  Now with that being said, it may be up for debate what her physical injuries were.  Like I said previously you do not need to sustain an injury for it to be considered an assault.  A mere shove can be an assault.  

Quoting Debmomto2teens: I don’t think assault is ever ok. I just don’t believe a word this teenager has stated. She said in one article she was in a mild amount of pain two days later but the police reported no injuries. The way she reels back and stumbles in the video looks completely fake to me. I don’t believe this videoN is real at all.

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Thanks for the information. Did Tina Whittington lie, or did the young teen lie?  You stated the teen lied about her injuries. If this event was used by the adults to further their own agenda that is without a doubt wrong, but that does not necessarily mean that the teen was not  assaulted.  You do not have to have an injury to be assaulted.  It bothers me that this teenager was struck or pushed by an adult.  I am all for woman's right to make decisions about her own body, but I also believe in free speech.  When the two meet.....not so nice things can happen.  

Quoting Debmomto2teens: The news article is on the bottom of page 31. Police stated there were no injuries. I can’t cooy and paste it on mobile.

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Ok....fair enough.  I just wanted to see some kind of evidence that this entire event was staged.  Not saying it wasn't, just saying I have not seen any evidence that it was.  Without a doubt a brutal attack seems more dramatic, but even a shove can be considered an assault.  From what I saw in the video, the teen was struck not shoved.  Either way....the woman had no right to put her hands on the teen, if that was indeed what happened.  

Quoting Debmomto2teens: Like I said, there is a news article posted somewhere back in this thread. This has gone from a brutal attack to now maybe just a shove.

So, I stand by my opinion that I think this video is staged

Quoting Btamilee2753:

I was not aware that there were no injuries?  Where did you see that information? The reality is the minute she was touched...it became an assault.  A mere push can be an assault.  From what I saw, it appeared she was assaulted, if there is reliable evidence that she staged the entire event, than I am more than willing to consider that.  

Quoting Debmomto2teens: She lied about having injuries. There were no injuries. If she was punched in the face, there would be at least some type of mark.

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Lied about what exactly?  You are correct...anyone can stage a video, but I am unclear as to how this video could be staged unless BOTH the woman were willing participants.  Not saying it is not staged, I am just having a difficult time understanding how that could happen in this particular case.  

Quoting Debmomto2teens: I don’t have time to go through the thread. There is an article that states she lied and here were no injuries. Anyone can stage a video. In the video, you don’t even see an actual punch.

It’s jist my opinion.

Quoting Btamilee2753:

She lied about her injuries?  I thought she went to the hospital?  So, the woman involved in the video who assaulted her was part of the "staged" video?  How did that possibly work....maybe I am missing something?

Quoting Debmomto2teens: I am not sure. IMO, if you are going to lie about your injuries, I’m going to doubt the rest of it.

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Debmomto2teens: Yes, it does change it. There is a news article somewhere in this thread. That video could be staged

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Karmahappens:

msb64
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

This is actually the buzz locally - that the entire things was staged and that the police were not called by the group but rather by a bystander.  The video had been posted to youtube before the police showed up.

Of course social "buzz" is pretty highly unreliable.  If Purity were indeed hit, she is a victim.  If the entire thing was staged by adults, she is also a victim.

Quoting Debmomto2teens: She did. And the video could have been orchestrated by her and/or the adults in the video.
Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Debmomto2teens: Like I said, there is a news article posted somewhere back in this thread. This has gone from a brutal attack to now maybe just a shove. So, I stand by my opinion that I think this video is staged
Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Debmomto2teens: I don’t have time to go through the thread. There is an article that states she lied and here were no injuries. Anyone can stage a video. In the video, you don’t even see an actual punch. It’s jist my opinion.
Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Karmahappens:

Debmomto2teens
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 9:37 AM
I agree. Either way Purity is the victim.

Quoting msb64:

This is actually the buzz locally - that the entire things was staged and that the police were not called by the group but rather by a bystander.  The video had been posted to youtube before the police showed up.

Of course social "buzz" is pretty highly unreliable.  If Purity were indeed hit, she is a victim.  If the entire thing was staged by adults, she is also a victim.

Quoting Debmomto2teens: She did. And the video could have been orchestrated by her and/or the adults in the video.

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Debmomto2teens: Like I said, there is a news article posted somewhere back in this thread. This has gone from a brutal attack to now maybe just a shove.

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Debmomto2teens: I don’t have time to go through the thread. There is an article that states she lied and here were no injuries. Anyone can stage a video. In the video, you don’t even see an actual punch.

It’s jist my opinion.

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Karmahappens:

Btamilee2753
by Lee on Dec. 8, 2017 at 8:09 PM

Very true, it could have been orchestrated.  But the problem I have is that she was indeed stuck.  Unless the person hitting her was in on the entire event how is that possible?

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Karmahappens:

Debmomto2teens
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 8:11 PM
If you really look at the video, you never see the woman’s hand connect with Purity.

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Very true, it could have been orchestrated.  But the problem I have is that she was indeed stuck.  Unless the person hitting her was in on the entire event how is that possible?

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

It’s jist my opinion.

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Quoting Karmahappens:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)