Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I’m Glad I’m Not an Alabama Voter

Posted by   + Show Post

More specifically, I’m glad I’m not an Alabama conservative. The choice confronting conservatives in the December 12th special senate election is very difficult. But not so tough that our cultural arbiters aren’t eager to give conservatives and Christians the benefit of their wisdom.

The same Opposition Media—Pundit—Celebrity nexus that didn’t condemn Teen Vogue for its recent issue introducing young girls to the “joys” of anal sex, is now urging Christians to vote “their convictions.” This is certainly a welcome change from being characterized as figures of fun who dabble in hate, but I’m still skeptical of the OpMedia’s sudden admiration for our sterling character.

Particularly when they urge us to choose a candidate based on moral beliefs the OpMedia routinely mocks and derides. Our media betters want Christian voters to pick an ideal candidate. Someone who would look good in a Baptist pulpit, instead of the left’s hotel bathrobe.

Naturally, their choice is Democrat Doug Jones instead of hands–on Republican Roy Moore. The argument isn’t all that compelling, particularly when one recalls all of Roy Moore’s alleged victims survived, whereas Democrat Ted Kennedy’s didn’t.

This election is also noteworthy in that it reverses the usual nose–holding option conservatives confront. I recently wrote how I was tired of being told to hold my nose and vote for country club conservatives. The Republican establishment would patiently explain that even though this spineless weathervane could never be depended upon to fight for bedrock conservative issues, he would be marginally better in office than his leftist opponent, since he’s a sure vote for Mitch McConnell as Majority Leader.

This year conservatives have a chance to vote for a somewhat tarnished candidate that will fight tooth and toenail for conservative causes and the establishment tells us to forget about that nose thing and just vote Democrat.

From the beginning I was suspicious of the alleged underage abuse allegations against Moore. I’ve worked in campaigns for over 40 years and timing is a key factor in the negative side of the campaign. I’ve been the media consultant for races where we had devastating information regarding the opponent and we sat on it for weeks or months until such a time as the information could be released and the opposing campaign would not have time to recover.

I suppose I could accept the Washington Post’s claim that their scoop on Moore was generated in–house and not handed to them on a platter like the Russian Dossier. Only, if the stories about Moore’s alleged behavior were “common knowledge,” why did the knowledge only become common nationwide after Moore defeated Luther Strange and it was too late to put someone else on the ballot?

That convenient timing looks like a premeditated decision to hold the story and thereby influence the election. Then there’s the yearbook signature that’s an exact copy of the Judge Moore signature on the woman’s divorce decree from years later, but bears no relation to his unofficial personal signature at the time the yearbook was supposedly signed.

The OpMedia is doing its part to make voting Democrat less painful for wavering conservatives and Christians. Why Democrat Doug Jones’ middle name is ‘Moderate’ according to his glowing press clippings. He’s going to focus on jobs, education and infrastructure. There’s zero mention of Jones being the frontman for a George Soros–funded effort to politicize US Attorneys.

According to Breitbart, the Soros–funded effort supported ‘ending mass incarceration’ and its report — authored by Jones — used language similar to the Obama Justice Dept. effort to grant de facto amnesty to illegal aliens.

Running in the middle and governing from the left is common for Democrats. Last election Virginia had its first transvestite candidate for the House of Delegates. This man in woman’s clothing assured voters that he also intended to focus on meat–and–potatoes issues like transportation.

You can imagine voter’s shock after he won when they learned his first issue in Richmond would be forcing insurance companies to cover ‘gender transition’ and ‘gender reassignment’ surgery. Evidently, the road our shift–shifter was most interested in improving was the one between his house and the gender–bending clinic.

Alabama voters will see the same transition when Jones gets to Washington, absent the pronoun switch.

As far as I’m concerned, the voting decision for Christians comes down to a single comparison. Roy Moore may or may not have fondled babies 40 years ago, but if Doug Jones gets to Washington he’ll be voting to kill babies and fund Planned Parenthood from day one.

That’s why if I were an Alabama voter I’d choose Roy Moore now and support a conservative opponent in the 2020 Republican primary.

http://www.teapartytribune.com/2017/12/04/im-glad-im-not-alabama-voter/

by on Dec. 7, 2017 at 9:15 AM
Replies (111-120):
rockymtngirl
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Awww...attempting to insult? How cute.

Quoting JordannRenee:

Wow reading comprehension isn't your strong suit huh?

I've made it red where I clearly stated that I would only call you a racist should you post racist remarks, as the OP has. Do you post racist remarks?

Quoting rockymtngirl: You are the one that said you would gladly call me a racist without knowing my personal life. You go girl.

Quoting JordannRenee:

And you are who again? This is the internet - none of us matter to one another in real life. LOL

Edit cause I saw that the liar OP liked your response - I would suggest you look through my comments. There are only a few on here that I've ever accused of being a racist (I actually think the number is 3) and it is not without a cause. But, I know that you probably won't because that would prove you wrong. But, like I said I'd suggest it.

Quoting rockymtngirl: Lol! I know you will. I have no doubt. But I always consider the source of where the insults and name calling comes from. You don't even rate.

Quoting JordannRenee:

You just keep voting for and supporting those men who like to fuck children (but only if they run as republicans) because that's what's gonna bring this country together and make things better for everyone amiright?

I've seen the disparaging comments the OP has posted about minorities and democrats and people who don't worship donald trump and those are what shaped my opinon of her. I'm sorry that your shared support of child molestors makes you think that I paint with a broad brush, but, should you post remarks like the OP, I'll happily call you a racist too.  

Quoting rockymtngirl: Don't you know by now if you're not a lib you're a racist on this site? Silly girl.

Quoting Billiejeens: "Brown" ?

Quoting JordannRenee:

It's so cute to see people like you pretend there's some sort of moral reason that forces you to support an accused pedophile - all because of his political affiliation. Why not just admit that you'll vote for anyone who isn't brown if they run under the republican banner? It will at least make it to where you won't have to keep coming back here and posting more bullshit about why you have to continuously keep lowering the bar of standards that you expect from the politicians who you feel represent your interests best.

If you HAVE to support someone who you're stating 'may or may not have FONDLED BABIES' you loose the ability to pretend it's your 'moral compass' directing where you vote. Why not cut the bullshit and admit it comes down to the party? It'll make it to where you come across as more honest than you do now.

JordannRenee
by on Dec. 8, 2017 at 11:35 AM

From where I'm sitting it looks like I'm just stating the obvious.

Quoting rockymtngirl: Awww...attempting to insult? How cute.
Quoting JordannRenee:

I've made it red where I clearly stated that I would only call you a racist should you post racist remarks, as the OP has. Do you post racist remarks?

Quoting rockymtngirl: You are the one that said you would gladly call me a racist without knowing my personal life. You go girl.
Quoting JordannRenee:

And you are who again? This is the internet - none of us matter to one another in real life. LOL

Edit cause I saw that the liar OP liked your response - I would suggest you look through my comments. There are only a few on here that I've ever accused of being a racist (I actually think the number is 3) and it is not without a cause. But, I know that you probably won't because that would prove you wrong. But, like I said I'd suggest it.

Quoting rockymtngirl: Lol! I know you will. I have no doubt. But I always consider the source of where the insults and name calling comes from. You don't even rate.
Quoting JordannRenee:

You just keep voting for and supporting those men who like to fuck children (but only if they run as republicans) because that's what's gonna bring this country together and make things better for everyone amiright?

I've seen the disparaging comments the OP has posted about minorities and democrats and people who don't worship donald trump and those are what shaped my opinon of her. I'm sorry that your shared support of child molestors makes you think that I paint with a broad brush, but, should you post remarks like the OP, I'll happily call you a racist too.  

Quoting rockymtngirl: Don't you know by now if you're not a lib you're a racist on this site? Silly girl.
Quoting JordannRenee:

It's so cute to see people like you pretend there's some sort of moral reason that forces you to support an accused pedophile - all because of his political affiliation. Why not just admit that you'll vote for anyone who isn't brown if they run under the republican banner? It will at least make it to where you won't have to keep coming back here and posting more bullshit about why you have to continuously keep lowering the bar of standards that you expect from the politicians who you feel represent your interests best.

If you HAVE to support someone who you're stating 'may or may not have FONDLED BABIES' you loose the ability to pretend it's your 'moral compass' directing where you vote. Why not cut the bullshit and admit it comes down to the party? It'll make it to where you come across as more honest than you do now.

rockymtngirl
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
And again...fail.

Quoting JordannRenee:

Quoting JordannRenee:

Quoting JordannRenee:

Quoting JordannRenee:

Quoting JordannRenee:

JordannRenee
by on Dec. 8, 2017 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Fail? You are the one who couldn't understand a statement that was pretty cut and dry. LOL.

I'm fine with you not liking me. You mean nothing to me, as I'm sure I mean nothing to you. You are a person on the internet who claims to support a suspected pedophile because of his political affiliation. I think I'll get over you not thinking too highly of me.

I have no problem going back and forth with you lol. I've got a cough and a sick kid and nowhere to be today. 

Quoting rockymtngirl: And again...fail.
Quoting JordannRenee:

Quoting JordannRenee:

Quoting JordannRenee:

Quoting JordannRenee:

Quoting JordannRenee:

rockymtngirl
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 12:19 PM
Lol! Please quote me where I "claimed" to support a suspected pedophile just because of a political affiliation. I don't know you to know whether I like you or not. I may have voted Republican but that doesn't mean I agree with the whole party platform. Do you get sucked in to 100% of your preferred parties platform? Do you actually not associate with people of the opposite party? Just curious. It seems on this site that if you're not a lib then you are a racist, bigoted, homophobic, anti muslim, uneducated idiot. IRL, I am none of these. I am just a regular American citizen with a bachelor's education, a wonderful career, married to someone who is 50% non white who is a minister who partakes in joining same sex marriages into wedded bliss. We, however are not associated with a church and do not attend church. Wow..imagine a Republican who is not a wacked out, over the top Christian conservative. I find you (general) who just attempt to insult because of opposite political views very intolerant of anyone else's views and I just can't respect those sort of "opinions". They are just empty attempts at insults to me. Here's to hoping your child feels better.

Quoting JordannRenee:

Fail? You are the one who couldn't understand a statement that was pretty cut and dry. LOL.

I'm fine with you not liking me. You mean nothing to me, as I'm sure I mean nothing to you. You are a person on the internet who claims to support a suspected pedophile because of his political affiliation. I think I'll get over you not thinking too highly of me.

I have no problem going back and forth with you lol. I've got a cough and a sick kid and nowhere to be today. 

Quoting JordannRenee:

Quoting JordannRenee:

Quoting JordannRenee:

Quoting JordannRenee:

Quoting JordannRenee:

JordannRenee
by on Dec. 8, 2017 at 2:01 PM

I haven't seen you post a single thing in this conversation where you state that you don't support Roy Moore and the first comment you posted that I saw was you chumming up with the OP who has stated more than once that she supports Moore and that liberals are 'in total' worse than pedophiles. I apologize if my assumption of your position was wrong, but this is the first time you've clarified where you stand on the issue. I don't hold the OP in high esteem based on the comments I put above, but you can look through what she posts and find several examples of similar bullshit, so when you jumped in to mock my comment (which I took to be a show of support for her) I just figured you were in agreement with her. I'm sorry if that line of thinking was wrong. 

I want to clarify my statement once more for you - I haven't seen you post anything racist which is why I haven't called you a racist.

I do not frequently call people racist or homophobic unless they show themselves to be with their comments. I try not to paint in broad strokes like that because I find that more often than not leading people to explain their insights and pinpoint how they came to them is a great way for them to start questioning why they think a person's heritage or religion or name makes then ineligible to hold a certain position or be treated with respect. The OP has refused to explain her positions - you really should look up the post where she claims that liberals are 'in total' worse than pedophiles and that most pedophiles are democrats - with any facts or real reasoning. Which is fine. She can continue to spout her ignorance and I'll continue to call her out on it.

I'm registered as a democrat now, but when I was in college I was a republican. I actually believed the birther conspiracy against Obama for like a year. I didn't vote for either Clinton. I understand not falling in step with the party line and I do realize that there aren't a shit ton of republicans out there who are proud of what the party leaders are doing right now - just as there were a shit ton of democrats who rightfully were pissed at Peloise for failing to condemn sexual assault when the accusations were leveled at a democrat - but a lot of what is being posted right now from the 'conservative voices' in this group are consistent with what the leaders of the Republican party are saying - that the women are liars, that molesting a 14 year old is on par with consenting adults having affairs, and WHAT ABOUT THE CLINTONS. I had someone respond to me the other day on a Roy Moore post talking about some movie being made with an age gap between love interests - 1. like I had anything to do with said movie (hint - I don't) and 2. what does that have anything to do with the fact that a man running to be elected for public office has been accused by multiple women of sexually assaulting them when he was an adult and they were children and your continued support of him despite the accusations?

Just to reiterate - if you don't support Roy Moore then I apologize for thinking that you did. Sexual assault is not a partisan issue and it boggles my mind that there are women out there who can't get behind a statement like that.

Quoting rockymtngirl: Lol! Please quote me where I "claimed" to support a suspected pedophile just because of a political affiliation. I don't know you to know whether I like you or not. I may have voted Republican but that doesn't mean I agree with the whole party platform. Do you get sucked in to 100% of your preferred parties platform? Do you actually not associate with people of the opposite party? Just curious. It seems on this site that if you're not a lib then you are a racist, bigoted, homophobic, anti muslim, uneducated idiot. IRL, I am none of these. I am just a regular American citizen with a bachelor's education, a wonderful career, married to someone who is 50% non white who is a minister who partakes in joining same sex marriages into wedded bliss. We, however are not associated with a church and do not attend church. Wow..imagine a Republican who is not a wacked out, over the top Christian conservative. I find you (general) who just attempt to insult because of opposite political views very intolerant of anyone else's views and I just can't respect those sort of "opinions". They are just empty attempts at insults to me. Here's to hoping your child feels better.
Quoting JordannRenee:

Quoting JordannRenee:

Quoting JordannRenee:

Quoting JordannRenee:

Quoting JordannRenee:

Quoting JordannRenee:

Mrs_Sweet
by Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 2:19 PM
2 moms liked this
If you think not voting for a pedophile is a difficult choice, you should reconsider your values.
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Dec. 8, 2017 at 2:54 PM

Quoting Mrs_Sweet: If you think not voting for a pedophile is a difficult choice, you should reconsider your values.

This, exactly this.

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 7:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Billiejeens:

As far as I’m concerned, the voting decision for Christians comes down to a single comparison. Roy Moore may or may not have fondled babies 40 years ago, but if Doug Jones gets to Washington he’ll be voting to kill babies and fund Planned Parenthood from day one.

" Vote Pedophile!   It's better than voting for a candidate who's pro-choice. "

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 7:26 PM

Quoting billsfan1104: Republicans cannot put another person on the ballot. What they can do, is vote him in, and then have him resign and then have another special election.

In the last election, did you tell Democrats to Vote for Hillary, in the hope she'd then resign and leave Tim Kaine in charge?

I seem to remember most of the Republicans who claimed Hillary was evil, saying that the only moral choice was for people to not vote for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)