Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ISIS actually did NOT call for the assassination of Barron Trump.

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2017 at 11:27 AM
  • 54 Replies

I am not defending ISIS in any way, simply stating facts.  They never stated they wanted Barron Trump assassinated.

The comment in question was referring to President Trump, not Barron, his youngest son.

It is quite common for terrorist groups to threaten to assassinate various presidents and other prominent people.

by on Dec. 7, 2017 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lancet98
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 11:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, they are still terrorists, but let's stick to facts.

GrayDuck41
by Linda on Dec. 7, 2017 at 11:33 AM
What source originally published that rumor ( fake news)?
Why did they ? How disturbing.
lancet98
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

What was said was something along the lines of 'son of a mule', but in fact, it was indicating Trump, not his son.

The reports that there was a map of Barron's school and a detailed plan are utterly made up.  Nothing like that was found.

I think some people sincerely thought it was referring to the son because it said, 'son of a mule'.  But in fact, it was Trump himself the comments actually referred to.  

Others, though, I believe had the goal of arousing sympathy for Donald Trump.

It's fairly common for terrorists to say they want to assassinate presidents of countries.

The bottom line is that when you hear a story that really GRABS AT YOUR EMOTIONS AND REALLY UPSETS YOU, it's VERY important to track down the source and see if the statement has been investigated, and by whom it was investigated before you assume it's true.

from Snopes:

A message posted to a pro-ISIS channel on the chat app Telegram included a map of Barron Trump's school and a hashtag translated to "handle the son of the mule of America."

WHAT'S FALSE

This message did not come directly from ISIS and it did not include a detailed plan for the assassination attempt.

ORIGIN

On 21 November 2017, several outlets published articles under irresponsible headlines claiming that ISIS had called for the assassination of Barron Trump. One of the most egregious was published by The Daily Caller, which in addition to stating that the terrorist group had called for the assassination of President Trump’s son, also claimed that they had released a “detailed plan” of how the deed would be accomplished:

ISIS Calls For Assassination Of Barron Trump, Release Detailed Plan To Kill 11-Year-Old

Nearly all of these reports linked back to an article published by The Washington Beacon which in turn cited a report from the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI), a non-profit that provides translations of foreign reports. The claims made in the initial report, however, were far less daunting than subsequent headlines made them appear. 

numbr1wmn
by Lina on Dec. 7, 2017 at 1:00 PM

Isis sucks. I believe shit. I wish them all death

lancet98
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 1:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Try believing facts instead of 'shit.'  

And if you refuse to believe facts and nurse your hatred, then keep in mind that MUSLIM and ISIS and TERRORIST are NOT ALL SYNONYMS.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

imyourPuppy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 1:03 PM
Oh, they are so sweet.
VooDooB
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Technically ISIS and Terrorists are....

Quoting lancet98:

And if you refuse to believe facts and nurse your hatred, then keep in mind that MUSLIM and ISIS and TERRORIST are NOT ALL SYNONYMS.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

lancet98
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 1:08 PM

No, not really.  The organizational goal overall is terrorism, but not everyone who works for them is a terrorist.  They employ lots of people who do menial work unrelated to terrorism, and a good many people who have more loyalty to their family than to ISIS.  They also lose a great many people, even of hard-core fighters, because people get sick of it and go home.

It is a 'fluid organization' and that is actually one of the big problems in tracking them and stopping them.

But in many ways it is also their Achilles' Heel.  It's important to realize that in order to support and encourage the most effective methods of getting at them.

Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting lancet98:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

lancet98
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 1:10 PM

What an idiotic thing to say.  No one said they were sweet except you.  No matter how messed up your thinking is, one would THINK that you would prefer to stick to facts, but...I guess not.

Quoting imyourPuppy: Oh, they are so sweet.

VooDooB
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 1:11 PM

Like what?

Quoting lancet98:

No, not really.  The organizational goal overall is terrorism, but not everyone who works for them is a terrorist.  They employ lots of people who do menial work unrelated to terrorism, and a good many people who have more loyalty to their family than to ISIS.  They also lose a great many people, even of hard-core fighters, because people get sick of it and go home.

It is a 'fluid organization' and that is actually one of the big problems in tracking them and stopping them.

Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting lancet98:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)