Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Al Franken will be resigning in the coming weeks.

Posted by   + Show Post

CNN Now...

He still feels the Ethics Committee is the right venue.  He also feels he has not tarnished the senate.

by on Dec. 7, 2017 at 11:54 AM
Replies (41-46):
Wolffie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 5:30 PM
Meh. No worries.

Quoting M4LG5:

Oh...I know....I was supporting your point.  I should have said that to be clear.  My bad. 

Quoting Wolffie: I know. It's why I named it specifically. It's the only thing he's EVER apologized for in his life.

Quoting M4LG5:

There is more than the Access Hollywood tape.  He has denied other accusations against him.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/14/politics/trump-women-accusers/index.html

Quoting Wolffie: No. You didn't misread. I'd forgotten about Trump's apology but he's still come out and stated that his accusers are liars.

Unfortunately this is one thing that really shouldn't be politicized and I'm sad that it has been played as an "us vs. them" thing over and over.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

OMG I am so sorry you are right. I completely misread that.  I will delete. :-)

Quoting Wolffie: See my reply to bills fan. :-)

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Trump apoligized for his words too

Quoting Wolffie: Actually, unlike the accused Moore and Trump, Franken has apologized on several occasions/platforms. Why do you feel he should apologize for again?

Quoting billsfan1104: So no apology. Just playing Whataboutism, and lying again about what Trump said.
Pathetic.

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 5:34 PM
He apologized for the tape, not the behaviors he mentioned on the tape.

Quoting Wolffie: I concede that Trump apologized for the Access Hollywood tape. But he, too, has called his accusers liars.

Quoting billsfan1104:

Trump has apologized for the tape, Moore does not feel as though he should apologize, because he is denying the accusations, and Franken has not apologized.  He is calling the accusers liars.

Quoting Wolffie: Actually, unlike the accused Moore and Trump, Franken has apologized on several occasions/platforms. Why do you feel he should apologize for again?

Quoting billsfan1104: So no apology. Just playing Whataboutism, and lying again about what Trump said.
Pathetic.

Wolffie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 5:39 PM
Agreed.

Quoting coolmommy2x: He apologized for the tape, not the behaviors he mentioned on the tape.

Quoting Wolffie: I concede that Trump apologized for the Access Hollywood tape. But he, too, has called his accusers liars.

Quoting billsfan1104:

Trump has apologized for the tape, Moore does not feel as though he should apologize, because he is denying the accusations, and Franken has not apologized.  He is calling the accusers liars.

Pathetic.

LancesMom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:50 PM

Believe it or not I agree with a lot of this. And I don't think that sexual harassment should be a political issue. It ticks me off that this has come to a power struggle in our congress.

Quoting billsfan1104: They threw him under the bus for power. They give two shots about victims. They want the power. That’s all. The screwed him over. I do t even like the guy and believe he was fucked over.
Quoting LancesMom: I think its called you forgot what group you were in... He was however a scapegoat, that's why I agreed with your 2nd reply.
Quoting Jambo4:

It's called voicing my opinion.  So it was contrary to the ones before, hardly makes it antagonistic.  I wasn't feeling hostile which is a component of being antagonistic.  If anything I found it amusing.  He was a scapegoat.  He knows it.  

Quoting LancesMom:

Why so antagonistic?

Quoting Jambo4:

What a pathetic sad speech, lol

billsfan1104
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 7:16 PM
Men can be pigs. Men say stuff that were terrible, sexist and down right dirty. I believe that Al Franken said and did some piggish things. But he shouldn’t have been thrown under the bus for stuff that he did before he was elected.
And for me, when did women become a bunch of victims? It used to be that women fought back or said something smart back. Now they cower in fear. True victims of sexual assault and harassment are being over shadowed by all these claims of “he said mean things to me” etc etc. I know you won’t agree with me on that part, but we need to start separating the levels of accusations and also give a chance for men or women to fight these allegations if they are not true.

Quoting LancesMom:

Believe it or not I agree with a lot of this. And I don't think that sexual harassment should be a political issue. It ticks me off that this has come to a power struggle in our congress.

Quoting billsfan1104: They threw him under the bus for power.
They give two shots about victims. They want the power. That’s all.
The screwed him over. I do t even like the guy and believe he was fucked over.

Quoting LancesMom: I think its called you forgot what group you were in...
He was however a scapegoat, that's why I agreed with your 2nd reply.

Quoting Jambo4:

It's called voicing my opinion.  So it was contrary to the ones before, hardly makes it antagonistic.  I wasn't feeling hostile which is a component of being antagonistic.  If anything I found it amusing.  He was a scapegoat.  He knows it.  

Quoting LancesMom:

Why so antagonistic?

Quoting Jambo4:

LancesMom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 7:46 PM

Actually, I do agree with that part. I believe that the abuse by Al Franken was not like the abuse of Weinstein and Spacey and the accused Roy Moore, Bill Cosby, John Conyers and the accused President. I do believe that some men in power feel they can get away with this. After Trumps words on the bus I believe the women. After all the women came out with Bill Cosby and the drugs I believe the women. And the ages of the women and how Roy Moore reacted, I believe them too. I also believe the accusations against John Conyers. And I believe he helped keep his son from jail when he got in trouble. Which is another abuse of power.

I think Al Franken was a squirrely little comedian that hoped he could get away with a kiss.  

Quoting billsfan1104: Men can be pigs. Men say stuff that were terrible, sexist and down right dirty. I believe that Al Franken said and did some piggish things. But he shouldn’t have been thrown under the bus for stuff that he did before he was elected. And for me, when did women become a bunch of victims? It used to be that women fought back or said something smart back. Now they cower in fear. True victims of sexual assault and harassment are being over shadowed by all these claims of “he said mean things to me” etc etc. I know you won’t agree with me on that part, but we need to start separating the levels of accusations and also give a chance for men or women to fight these allegations if they are not true.
Quoting LancesMom:

Quoting billsfan1104: They threw him under the bus for power. They give two shots about victims. They want the power. That’s all. The screwed him over. I do t even like the guy and believe he was fucked over.
Quoting LancesMom: I think its called you forgot what group you were in... He was however a scapegoat, that's why I agreed with your 2nd reply.
Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting LancesMom:

Why so antagonistic?

Quoting Jambo4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)