Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

'Please don't kill me': Cop is cleared of murder after shooting dead a sobbing father, 26, as he crawled along a hotel corridor in shocking footage

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2017 at 8:07 AM
  • 128 Replies
1 mom liked this
by on Dec. 8, 2017 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sparkles4Lui
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this
OMFG! That's awful!

Was he in the military before he became an LEO? He sounds like it with the tone of voice he used in giving the commands.

Too, what's up with all the cops and arms full of tattoos? That would never been accepted back in the day.
Prettymarnie
by Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
It’s sad for sure but he should have listened to officers. You never reach into your pants for anything. It didn’t say but what prompted that anyway? Was he beating his wife, was he breaking the law? Why did the cops go there in the first place?
Sparkles4Lui
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 11:06 AM
3 moms liked this
Someone made a report that a guest at the hotel was pointing a gun out of a window. He was in pest control and had two pellet rifles. They were found in the room after the shooting.

That cop also had multiple reprimand in the few years he'd been on the force. He shouldn't have been a LEO.

Quoting Prettymarnie: It’s sad for sure but he should have listened to officers. You never reach into your pants for anything. It didn’t say but what prompted that anyway? Was he beating his wife, was he breaking the law? Why did the cops go there in the first place?
lukesmom2002
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 11:38 AM

So sad. 

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Dec. 8, 2017 at 12:06 PM
8 moms liked this
He was pulling his pants up because while crawling, his shorts were coming down. It was a knee jerk reaction that cost him his life because a cop wanted to play Simon Says and show how powerful he is.

Quoting Prettymarnie: It’s sad for sure but he should have listened to officers. You never reach into your pants for anything. It didn’t say but what prompted that anyway? Was he beating his wife, was he breaking the law? Why did the cops go there in the first place?
nononenever
by on Dec. 8, 2017 at 12:09 PM
12 moms liked this

I'm not going to watch the video.  

How many people have to get shot before the police realize they have a problem?   Unarmed and on the floor - they could have handcuffed him right there rather than make him crawl towards them.  

I'm not even saying the police are all evil and out to kill innocent people; but there is a clear issue with them shooting without necessity over and over and over and over and over again.   It needs to stop.   They need to change their culture.   Murdering people isn't okay. 

readyforhim
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 12:25 PM
Disturbing video - it leaves you speechless.

It was on the news this morning.
B3autifulCha0s
by on Dec. 8, 2017 at 12:38 PM
Wow.
TXVernacular
by on Dec. 8, 2017 at 12:47 PM
This whole story is just so weird to me. I have always felt like we haven't gotten the whole story. It doesn't help that Daniel was the type of guy who kinda flaunted his "pothead/anarchist" persona.
PinkButterfly66
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 12:50 PM
8 moms liked this

I don't understand why he was made to crawl on his hands and knees to the cops.  Why wouldn't the cop just order him to lay on the ground with his hands behind his back or stretched out in front and walk towards him?  He'd probably still be alive today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)