Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

* Edited OP* Is A Woman Who Has Had Sex "Used"? Is Saying This Slut Shaming?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 8:48 AM
  • 84 Replies

*edited to add a question*

What is your opinion about men (or women) who say or insinuate that  a woman would "do anything" to get what they want and that they are "used"

What if it's used as a public accusation about a co worker or subordinate?

Is this a form of slut shaming?

Nasty Woman Power

by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Dec. 12, 2017 at 8:50 AM

Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office “begging” for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED!

Nasty Woman Power

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

someone who sleeps with someone to gain something and a woman who has had sex and is now used goods?

To the first....if both parties are getting what they want, couldnt care less...well done.

To the second...Any man or woman who thinks this way about another human being is just a wanker and not worthy of a second thought.

jessilin0113
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:03 AM
Pretty much this. NWP, I'm on board with your opinions about purity culture, i completely agree that it it's a dangerous message to sell women and girls.

Quoting turtle68:

someone who sleeps with someone to gain something and a woman who has had sex and is now used goods?

To the first....if both parties are getting what they want, couldnt care less...well done.

To the second...Any man or woman who thinks this way about another human being is just a wanker and not worthy of a second thought.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:05 AM

And the old double standard:  If a man uses sex to get what he wants, is HE now used?

PinkButterfly66
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:14 AM

My opinion of anyone who makes statements like that is not very high.  Anyone who says that is a judgemental ass with a huge chip on their shoulder and probably more than a little jealous.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:14 AM

Quoting jessilin0113: Pretty much this. NWP, I'm on board with your opinions about purity culture, i completely agree that it it's a dangerous message to sell women and girls.
Quoting turtle68:

Nasty Woman Power

HoneyedMacabre
by Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:15 AM

I think they are two different things.  A woman who would "do anything" to get what she wants is either a manipulative bitch who doesn't care about hurting other people or is so insecure she will sell herself short and think she has to do something else other than work hard to get ahead.

I don't see what either of those things have to do with being used goods.    I don't subscribe to the concept of used goods.  I don't care how many people a woman has sex with, she is no more used than a man in the same position would be.  As long as she is being safe, and not screwing married men or something, I simply don't care.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:15 AM

Quoting turtle68:

Nasty Woman Power

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Kirsten Gillibrand Retweeted Donald J. Trump

You cannot silence me or the millions of women who have gotten off the sidelines to speak out about the unfitness and shame you have brought to the Oval Office.

Kirsten Gillibrand added,

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump

Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office “begging” for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED!

Kirsten Gillibrand‏Verified account @SenGillibrand 14h14 hours ago

More

Kirsten Gillibrand Retweeted NPR

Great news. Anyone who is willing to serve our country, and who meets the standards, should have every opportunity to do so regardless of gender identity.

NPRVerified account @NPR

The Pentagon says transgender individuals will be allowed to enlist in the military on Jan. 1.

Kirsten Gillibrand‏Verified account @SenGillibrand 17h17 hours ago

More

President Trump should resign. But, of course, he won't hold himself accountable. Therefore, Congress should investigate the multiple sexual harassment and assault allegations against him.

Kirsten Gillibrand‏Verified account @SenGillibrand 20h20 hours ago

More

Under the Republican tax plan, corporations can deduct their state and local taxes, but working families cannot. How is that fair?

Kirsten Gillibrand‏Verified account @SenGillibrand 24h24 hours ago

More

Kirsten Gillibrand Retweeted The Associated Press

Grateful to the NYPD for quickly apprehending the suspect at Port Authority. We must remain vigilant and give law enforcement the federal resources to keep us safe.

The Associated PressVerified account @AP

Law enforcement official says one person arrested, has non-life-threatening injuries after "device" explodes on New York City subway platform near Times Square. http://apne.ws/uEcONck 

Kirsten Gillibrand‏Verified account @SenGillibrand Dec 10

More

Republicans in the House and the Senate are cutting backroom deals in a rush to pass their massive corporate tax cuts into law, which could amount to a complete disaster for middle class families. We must keep fighting back against this bill.

More

In rushing their harmful tax plan through Congress, Republicans have broken their promises to middle class families in the name of giant tax breaks for the rich and corporations.

Kirsten Gillibrand Retweeted

Haley Britzky‏ @halbritz Dec 10

More

As Capitol Hill faces a wave of sexual misconduct allegations, a record-breaking number of women are eyeing a run for a House seat.

More

Replying to @SenGillibrand

We are in a moment of reckoning—and the silence from Republicans is deafening. It is long past time for them to join Democrats in holding members of their own party accountable.

The accusations against Moore are disgusting. And President Trump has admitted on tape to how he treats women. His campaigning for Moore isn't leadership, it's shameful.

That means Farenthold should step aside, Moore should never set foot in the Senate, and President Trump should be held accountable.

As elected leaders, let's rise to the occasion, and not shrink away from it. That is what the larger #MeToo moment is about. Let's send a clear message none of this is okay.

When it comes to sexual assault, harassment, and the general mistreatment of women, we must be able to call out anyone, Democrat or Republican.

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:23 AM

what the boss stands up and says...hey Lucy has been f*cking Ben and is now used goods?  Or Wilma doesnt like Lucy and tells the rest of the typing pool that she is well used goods?

Had that happen to me both scenario's :-)...although used goods would of been nice words used, instead of what was actually used.

Something tells me that Im probably not the best person to answer this...my answer is probably an exception and not a rule.

Quoting NWP:

Quoting turtle68:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)