Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Twins born in different years

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 11:23 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

A set of twins in Kern County not only won’t share the same birthday, but they do not even share the same birth year after being born minutes apart on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.

The set of twins were born in Delano, at Delano Regional Medical Center, one at the end of 2017 and one at the start of 2018, according to Bakersfield television station KERO.

The first twin, a boy, was born at 11:58 p.m. Sunday; he weighed 5 pounds 9 ounces, and was 18 inches, hospital officials told the station. The second twin, a girl, was born 12:16 a.m. Monday, weighing in at 4 pounds 10 ounces, and about 16 inches.

Doctors said the girl was slightly breached, so she had to be delivered via caesarean section. She is believed to be the first baby born in 2018 in Kern County.

The parents say the babies were about a month early.

by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
As a mother of twins, we knew it was possible they could habe been born on different days.....but, oy!, different years!

I am also a youth sports coach and the birthday cutoff for the two sports my girls play is December 31st so this makes me wonder what would happen.
coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids have always been involved in sports, that was one of my first thoughts too. I think it's great that they'll have their own birthdays.

Quoting M4LG5: As a mother of twins, we knew it was possible they could habe been born on different days.....but, oy!, different years!

I am also a youth sports coach and the birthday cutoff for the two sports my girls play is December 31st so this makes me wonder what would happen.
billsfan1104
by Emerald Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 10:50 PM
This is awesome. Did she have the boy via c-section too or just the girl?
ILive4This
by Robin on Jan. 2, 2018 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

They're always going to have a cool, unique story!

I worked overnight NY Eve, and got a call at 0015 to pick up cord blood. It was from the first baby of the year  :D 

PinkButterfly66
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 11:11 PM

And big sister is going to constantly remind little brother that she's a whole year older, lol!!

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I believe just the girl. I also had one naturally and the other c-section. Ugh!

Quoting billsfan1104: This is awesome. Did she have the boy via c-section too or just the girl?
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 12:39 AM
Hahaha. So true

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

And big sister is going to constantly remind little brother that she's a whole year older, lol!!

RobJar
by Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 12:45 AM
My good friend had twins. One was born on her birthday and the other was born on her husbands birthday. Her husband is also a twin. This sort of reminds me of twins born during a time change; the first one could end up being the younger one based on what time the younger one is born.
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 12:58 AM
Oh...that is crazy!!

Quoting RobJar: My good friend had twins. One was born on her birthday and the other was born on her husbands birthday. Her husband is also a twin. This sort of reminds me of twins born during a time change; the first one could end up being the younger one based on what time the younger one is born.
highlandmum
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I danced with two girls who were twins and born December 31, and January 1.  For them the issue was school as our cutoff was December 31st.  The district allowed the one born on December 31 to be pushed back one year.  For dance it was not a big issue they were always on the same team as we had multiple ages on each team.

Quoting M4LG5: As a mother of twins, we knew it was possible they could habe been born on different days.....but, oy!, different years! I am also a youth sports coach and the birthday cutoff for the two sports my girls play is December 31st so this makes me wonder what would happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)