Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bannon called Trump Jr.-Russia meeting 'treasonous': report

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:09 AM
  • 91 Replies

© Greg Nash

Former White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon reportedly called the 2016 meeting between Donald Trump Jr. and a group of Russians "treasonous."

According to a new book seen by the Guardian, Bannon said the meeting that occurred during the 2016 presidential race was "treasonous" and "unpatriotic."

“They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV," Bannon reportedly told author Michael Wolff, referring to the investigation into the Russian election interference.

After news of the meeting surfaced last year, Bannon reportedly said: “The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor — with no lawyers. They didn’t have any lawyers."

“Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad shit, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately," Bannon said, according to the book.

The quotes were chronicled in the book, "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House," which is scheduled to be released next week.

News surfaced last year of the 2016 Trump Tower meeting that included a Russian attorney, Trump Jr., Jared Kushner and former campaign manager Paul Manafort.

Last month, CNN reported that the British publicist Rob Goldstone, who arranged the June 2016 meeting, sent multiple follow-up emails later that summer to President Trump’s social media director and a Russian who was at the meeting.

Congressional investigators discovered the emails from Goldstone during a hearing behind closed doors with Donald Trump Jr. None of the emails were sent directly to the president’s eldest son, CNN reported last month.

The emails raised new questions for congressional investigators looking into the details of what was discussed at the Trump Tower meeting.

Goldstone helped set up the meeting between Trump Jr. and a Russian lawyer who had promised damaging material on Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

by on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sparkles4Lui
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:13 AM
It will be interesting to see Bannons response to this.
numbr1wmn
by Lina on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:13 AM
5 moms liked this

Oh now you believe him?

billsfan1104
by Emerald Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:16 AM
3 moms liked this
Omg. So now you all believe him and like him now? Hysterical.
romalove
by Roma on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:23 AM
23 moms liked this
Who is all?

OP posted an article for discussion.

I think Bannon is worse than scum.

I also think he's one of the people who could give Trump a serious headache.

Trump thought Bannon supported him. He was mistaken. Bannon supported what he thought Trump represented, which was destroying the old Republican party so he could build one that was nationalist and populist.

Trump was a means to an end. If he doesn't think Trump is giving him everything he wants, he will throw Trump under any nearby bus.

And his inside status for as long as he had it means he's got lots of material to work with.

Quoting billsfan1104: Omg. So now you all believe him and like him now? Hysterical.
JordannRenee
by Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:26 AM
8 moms liked this

Well all he's really saying is what most people with just a normal amount of common sense have been saying. If jr really thought the meeting wasn't a big deal why did he go to such great lengths to hide it for so long - like denying that the meeting ever even occurred for a year? (If you would like to offer a reason or explaination feel free to do so) I wouldn't go so far to use bannon's choice of words - like treasonous, but jr definitely lied about something. Also - even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Oh now you believe him?

JordannRenee
by Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:27 AM
2 moms liked this

Well all he's really saying is what most people with just a normal amount of common sense have been saying. If jr really thought the meeting wasn't a big deal why did he go to such great lengths to hide it for so long - like denying that the meeting ever even occurred for a year? (If you would like to offer a reason or explaination feel free to do so) I wouldn't go so far to use bannon's choice of words - like treasonous, but jr definitely lied about something. Also - even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Quoting billsfan1104: Omg. So now you all believe him and like him now? Hysterical.

LancesMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:34 AM
4 moms liked this
I hate Steve Bannon.

msb64
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:39 AM
5 moms liked this

This is one of those rare instances where Trump may hold off on a twitter rant repsonse.  Bannon is dangerous and Trump knows it.

Luvnlogic
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:39 AM
6 moms liked this
He doesn’t really have any credibility to me...but it should be easy for anyone with their head in reality to simply admit the meeting was a bad idea and that lying about the meeting makes it even more suspicious. What the legal classification of the meeting ends up being will be based upon what the investigation uncovers.

Luvnlogic
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:42 AM
6 moms liked this
Lol...yes, I doubt there’ll be a “my dick is bigger” response here. 😉 trump may be willing to risk NK finally following through on what’s been largely empty threats up til now, but he seems to know that Bannon won’t hestitate to push the button on whoever is in the way of him achieving his “white America” goals.

Quoting msb64:

This is one of those rare instances where Trump may hold off on a twitter rant repsonse.  Bannon is dangerous and Trump knows it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)