Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you enjoy cruising?  If so, what are your preferred destinations? 

Would you rather cruise or land based travel?  

Over the holidays, I was invited on a 5 day cruise -- but when I really looked at it, the cruise only had one port, for a day.  The rest of the time was spent at sea and I couldn't understand why anyone would *want* to go on such a cruise.  

Then I realized that some people must just prefer cruising and I wasn't one of them.  I prefer exploring destinations.  I don't mind cruising overall, but I want there to be multiple ports, with mutliple chances for experiences and exploration.  I viewed this cruise as more of a cruise to nowhere.  So it made me wonder who else would enjoy the experience and how many people out there were really "cruise people."  

by on Jan. 3, 2018 at 12:50 PM
Replies (31-33):
hotspice58
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2018 at 2:43 PM
Love cruising! Love the Caribbean. Thinking of a European cruise. Cruised to New England and Canada. Weather was lousy. Kids love it which is a bonus!
Btamilee2753
by Lee on Jan. 4, 2018 at 3:09 PM

We saved up and took our oldest daughter on a cruise for her High School graduation.  She will 32 in a few weeks so its been a while.  We enjoyed our cruise.  Our youngest daughter was only 7 at the time, so she does not remember much about it.  I will say it ended up being more expensive that we thought it would. 

candys5
by New Member on Jan. 10, 2018 at 10:18 AM

I think cruise is better. Last summer we rented a beautiful yacht at Sailica in France. They have affordable prices and large variety of yachts for every taste. Probably that was the most amazing adventure in my life. France and Spain have amazing sailing destinations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)