Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cranberries singer died :(

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:36 PM
  • 14 Replies

some of you younger moms prolly have no clue who she is but anyone who lived through the nineties, they were a staple. how sad she wasnt that old either :/

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42696376

The Cranberries lead singer Dolores O'Riordan has died suddenly at the age of 46, her publicist has confirmed.

The Irish musician, originally from Limerick, led the band to international success in the 90s with singles including Linger and Zombie.

A statement from her publicist said: "The lead singer with the Irish band The Cranberries was in London for a short recording session.

"No further details are available at this time."

It added: "Family members are devastated to hear the news and have requested privacy at this very difficult time."

The Cranberries shot to international fame with their 1993 debut album Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? and went on to sell over 40 million records worldwide.

Dolores O'RiordanImage copyrightPA
Image captionDolores O'Riordan performing on stage in 1994

In 2017 The Cranberries announced a tour including dates in Europe, the UK, and the US.

However, in May - shortly into the European tour - The Cranberries had to cancel the remainder of the European dates as a result of O'Riordan's health issues.

The official Cranberries website cited "medical reasons associated with a back problem" preventing singer Dolores O'Riordan's from performing.

But just before Christmas O'Riordan had posted on Facebook saying she was "feeling good" and had done her "first bit of gigging in months", leading fans to believe she would soon be performing again.

by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eliptica24
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:39 PM

that really fucking sucks

nb34
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:40 PM

I just saw that. So very sad :( RIP!

eliptica24
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:41 PM

im wondering if it was suicide... they say medical and it was sudden, and they can blame her bipolar disorder. it very well is possible.

Quoting nb34:

MissAndree
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:42 PM
May she RIP
MistyMoo
by Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:43 PM
Oh no 😩 RIP
Debmomto2teens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:43 PM
That is really sad. That is one of my top 5 favorite groups.

RIP:(
nb34
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:44 PM

It's possible. Heartbreaking for me. I really enjoyed her music when I was a teenager.

Quoting eliptica24:

im wondering if it was suicide... they say medical and it was sudden, and they can blame her bipolar disorder. it very well is possible.

Quoting nb34:

MythrylHavoc
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:45 PM
So sad. I've always loved her voice. She did some solo work also. I love this song by her 😢

https://youtu.be/wmDBXYjNxds
Madeyemoody
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:48 PM
Oh no! I LOVE the cranberries! This is so sad. She truly had an amazing and unique voice that put many of today’s singers to shame and they couldn’t compete with her.
smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 2:01 PM
I also read she had bad pack so she was probably taking prescription pain med. :(

Quoting eliptica24:

Quoting nb34:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)