Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trump Is a Dangerous 'Asteroid of Awfulness That Has Fallen on This World': British Politician

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:42 PM
  • 8 Replies

Trump Is a Dangerous 'Asteroid of Awfulness That Has Fallen on This World': British Politician

On Sunday, a senior British opposition politician criticized President Trump in what could be described as the best Trump roast of 2018 so far.

Speaking on the BBC's Andrew Marr Show, Shadow First Secretary of State Emily Thornberry said President Donald Trump was a dangerous “asteroid of awfulness” and a “racist,” after he reportedly referred to Haiti and a number of poor nations as “shithole countries.”

"He is an asteroid of awfulness that has fallen on this world. I think that he is a danger, and I think that he is a racist," Thornberry said. "American democracy has a number of checks and balances, and I think there are a number of people who are important to speak to."

GettyImages-886425730 President Donald Trump speaks about tax reform during a meeting with families in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, DC, December 5, 2017. On Sunday, Emily Thornberry, the U.K.'s shadow first secretary of state, called Trump a dangerous "asteroid of awfulness" and a "racist." Getty

Thornberry then condemned British Prime Minister Theresa May for not rescinding the invitation she originally extended to invite Trump for a state visit to Britain.

On Friday, Trump canceled his plans to visit London anyway, blaming the Obama administration for his decision, tweeting:

Thornberry’s comments come amid the recent storm of criticism directed at the U.S. president after his reported “shithole” remarks that came during a bipartisan meeting with lawmakers last Tuesday in the Oval Office.

According to multiple reports, including testimony from Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois, who was present at the meeting, Trump questioned why the United States attracted a large number of immigrants and refugees from "shithole countries," mentioning Haiti, El Salvador and some African nations.

Trump also reportedly wondered why the U.S. didn't have more immigrants from predominantly white and economically stable countries like Norway.

The African Union, which includes 55 African nations, shared its “shock, dismay and outrage” on Friday and called for the president to apologize for his comments.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-dangerous-asteroid-awfulness-has-fallen-world-british-politician-781288

by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SuG4
by Firestarter on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:45 PM
LOL!! An asteroid??
UnoDuoTres
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

American democracy has those checks and balances only in theory.

In practice, a determined and organised party can break the system as the Republicans have demonstrated over the past few decades.

Pema_Jampa
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe he meant rhoid as in hemorrhoid.

Quoting SuG4: LOL!! An asteroid??

Madeyemoody
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I’m sorry but I love the freaking photos people find of him! So unflattering it is truly comical!
UnoDuoTres
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Asteroid fits quite nicely in the imagery.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

I believe he meant rhoid as in hemorrhoid.

trippyhippy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

LIKE IN jOE dIRT WHEN HE FINDS AN ASTEROID AND IT TURNS OUT TO BE A FROZEN ROCK OF SHIT FROM AN AIRPLANE. LOL (oops sorry I had cap locks on.  Didn't mean to yell at you. lol)

SuG4
by Firestarter on Jan. 15, 2018 at 3:16 PM
Well that’s more like it!! ( forget the caps)! LOL

Quoting trippyhippy:

LIKE IN jOE dIRT WHEN HE FINDS AN ASTEROID AND IT TURNS OUT TO BE A FROZEN ROCK OF SHIT FROM AN AIRPLANE. LOL (oops sorry I had cap locks on.  Didn't mean to yell at you. lol)

PPCLC
by Lisa on Jan. 15, 2018 at 7:51 PM
The hyperbole used so often anymore is ridiculously funny.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)