Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sanders calls out Amazon after 2-year-old orders Batman toy using Echo

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 7:12 PM
  • 112 Replies

Sanders calls out Amazon after 2-year-old orders Batman toy using Echo

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders is calling out Amazon after her two-year-old child was able to use the Echo to purchase an $80 Batman toy. 

Sanders used her official White House Twitter account on Sunday to complain that the company’s Echo device allowed her young son to purchase the toy by mistake. 

"Alexa, we have a problem if my 2 year old can order a Batman toy by yelling 'Batman!' over and over again into the Echo,” Sanders, who has three children, tweeted on Sunday.

She posted a photo of an order confirmation for a $79.99 “Batman vs. Superman” action figure made by Sure Things Toys. The receipt says the product will arrive on Tuesday.

The Amazon Echo, which is voice-controlled, lets users buy items online on Amazon using the Alexa app by speaking to it.

Amazon has not responded to Sanders’s tweet.

So I did this on my Kindle. Oops, But I just disabled my 'One Click" ordering in my settings. Funny how she had to call out Amazon in such a public way.

by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissAndree
by Ronita on Jan. 15, 2018 at 7:15 PM
6 moms liked this
That sounds like a personal problem to me. I guess that she will learn to disable the one touch ordering now.
Debmomto2teens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 7:16 PM
2 moms liked this
So, it’s Amazons fault she isn’t responsible? Gotcha... lol.
francee89
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 7:20 PM
13 moms liked this
Using a government account for her customer service gripes aimed at one company seems pretty inappropriate.
lukesmom2002
by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 8:29 PM
2 moms liked this
User error is on her. Her boss is jealous a man born to a teen mom and never had wealth handed to him is worth more than he could ever dream of. He is more respected than he will ever be. Sanders sold her soul to the devil it's very sad.
elle7777
by Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Doesn't she have more important things to attend to?
jjchick75
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 8:38 PM
3 moms liked this

Sounds like a personal problem that should be on her personal Twitter page....this administration has no concept of what is and isn't appropriate apparently.

There are ways to make sure that doesn't happen. If she hasn't made sure to set up it up properly for her family, that's on her.

Bookwormy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:35 PM
3 moms liked this
What consequences occur for this misappropriation of government Twitter account?
ILive4This
by Robin on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Should somebody with a job like hers, have one of those things in their house??

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:48 PM
2 moms liked this
This admin can't take responsibility for anything..
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:50 PM
4 moms liked this
Especially with the spying of the microwave, might have some interference in the recordings.

Quoting ILive4This:

Should somebody with a job like hers, have one of those things in their house??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)