Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Poll: Donald Trump’s Support Among African-Americans Has Gone up by a Lot Since 2016

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:29 AM
  • 113 Replies

According to two new polls, President Donald Trump is making headway within the African-American community.

A SurveyMonkey poll — whose findings were released last week by The Atlantic — showed that approval of the Republican president is at an average of 17 percent between black men and women.

In the survey, 23 percent of black men and 11 percent of black women stated that they approve of the president’s job performance.

The massive nationwide survey was conducted from 605,172 interviews of Americans across the country and included a numerous selection of voters and demographic groups.

While these totals indicate Trump’s support among the African-American community is low, the results also suggest that he has made significant inroads after a year in office.

TRENDING: LiAngelo Ball Tells Truth About The Day He Said ‘Thank You’ To President

On Election Day 2016, then-candidate Trump only received 4 percent of the black female vote and 13 percent of the black male vote, according to CNN exit polling.

If accurate, the January poll reveals Trump’s approval with African-Americans has more than doubled a year into his White House tenure.

SurveyMonkey isn’t the only poll to note the uptick in support.

CBS poll of 2,164 adults, conducted this month in conjunction with YouGov, shows similar findings, with 14 percent of black people stating their approval of the current president.

The findings are not that surprising given the state of the U.S. economy.

The economy has been roaring under the Trump White House, with job growth at an accelerated pace and the Dow Jones Industrial Average setting many records.

“The stock market has gained an incredible 7.8 Trillion dollars in market value since @POTUS was elected! Looks like 4% economic growth in 4th quarter, lowest level of claims for unemployment benefits in 44 years, and black unemployment rate is the lowest (6.8%) on record!” said Fox Business’ Lou Dobbs, one of many news anchors who have noted the changing economic winds.

GOP tax reform sparked an ever-growing list of major U.S. employers to announce pay raises and bonuses, all greatly benefiting low-level employees.

RELATED: Trump Admin Looks to Make Huge Cuts to UN Aid for Palestinians

The results have been astounding for the black community.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that black unemployment was at its lowest level since they began tracking the data 45 years ago. Unemployment in December only stood at 6.8 percent for black workers and 4.1 percent for workers overall, according to CNBC.

The president has taken note of the progress happening under his administration.

“The African American unemployment rate fell to 6.8%, the lowest rate in 45 years. I am so happy about this News!” Trump said on Twitter this month, touting the rising job numbers.

Western Journalism

https://apple.news/AOuFmMP6APgCEDvdVhcl9eA

by on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:36 AM

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that black unemployment was at its lowest level since they began tracking the data 45 years ago. Unemployment in December only stood at 6.8 percent for black workers and 4.1 percent for workers overall, according to CNBC.

The president has taken note of the progress happening under his administration.

“The African American unemployment rate fell to 6.8%, the lowest rate in 45 years. I am so happy about this News!” Trump said on Twitter this month, touting the rising job numbers.

WilyMommy
by Missbod on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:39 AM

Funny I never heard of this improved unemployment rate before... I wonder why that would be...

Trump can’t be seen as doing anything positive, otherwise this wouldn’t be a surprise to anyone who pays attention to the news.

Quoting Billiejeens:

SuG4
by Firestarter on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:40 AM
4 moms liked this
Well ladies, I hate to break it to you, but SERIOUSLY?

There ARE rich and wealthy black ppl!! Hell... Oprah probably likes the new tax policy!!

Geez.....
SuG4
by Firestarter on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:41 AM
3 moms liked this
I posted the link and BJ copied it in another post. The findings are from last September!

Quoting WilyMommy:

Funny I never heard of this improved unemployment rate before... I wonder why that would be...

Trump can’t be seen as doing anything positive, otherwise this wouldn’t be a surprise to anyone who pays attention to the news.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:43 AM

Yes they are

Not sure what your point is though

Quoting SuG4: I posted the link and BJ copied it in another post. The findings are from last September!
Quoting WilyMommy:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I would question your sources then

It has been all over reputable news.

Quoting WilyMommy:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Reading.Rainbow
by Sif on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:46 AM
7 moms liked this

LOL What a crock of shit...

SuG4
by Firestarter on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:47 AM
2 moms liked this
This started during Obama’s tenure! And according to economists, this lowering of unemployment, was a natural progression from the time of the recession. You think it should’ve happened faster! But a steady rise of the stock market is better all the way around. I rather have steady, than fast and furious market! Too volatile.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Yes they are

Not sure what your point is though

Quoting SuG4: I posted the link and BJ copied it in another post. The findings are from last September!

Quoting WilyMommy:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Jambo4
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:48 AM

lol, that... I do doubt.

Quoting SuG4: Well ladies, I hate to break it to you, but SERIOUSLY? There ARE rich and wealthy black ppl!! Hell... Oprah probably likes the new tax policy!! Geez.....

SuG4
by Firestarter on Jan. 16, 2018 at 11:49 AM
Really? For her own personal wealth? So you think she’d rather pay MORE?

Quoting Jambo4:

lol, that... I do doubt.

Quoting SuG4: Well ladies, I hate to break it to you, but SERIOUSLY?

There ARE rich and wealthy black ppl!! Hell... Oprah probably likes the new tax policy!!

Geez.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)