Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trump Supporter Kevin Sorbo Denied Spot at East Coast Comicon

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2018 at 3:58 PM
  • 86 Replies
Trump supporter and former Hercules and Andromeda actor Kevin Sorbo has been denied a spot at East Coast Comicon. The real kicker is the reason why Sorbo was denied.

According to Cliff Galbraith of Crucial Entertainment who organizes the Comicon, he turned down Kevin Sorbo because “he’s pals with Sean Hannity. I just can’t do it.”
East Coast Comicon takes place from April 27 to April 29 of this year at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in New Jersey.

The Comic Con has been able to bring in some top talent over the years. In 2016, guests included comic book legend Neal Adams as well as Simon Bisley, Billy Tucci, and others.
East Coast Comicon takes place from April 27 to April 29 of this year at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in New Jersey.

The Comic Con has been able to bring in some top talent over the years. In 2016, guests included comic book legend Neal Adams as well as Simon Bisley, Billy Tucci, and others.

He explains the East Coast Comicon’s program uses “your typical leftist made up CNN terms: homophobia, misogyny, voter suppression, intolerance, racism, xenophobia, treasonous acts.” He continues to explain and show that the art was created by Cliff Galbraith, the organizer of the East Coast Comicon.

Which brings us back to Kevin Sorbo. It seems Cliff Galbraith is making his political positions and those of others part of his business. He is going out of his way to deny possible guests who are “friends with Sean Hannity” from attending the East Coast Comicon.

This isn’t the only time we’ve seen leftwing people go after people’s livelihood and careers because of their politics. Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich was forced out of his position just after 11 days on the job for his positions on California’s Proposition 8.

ESPN fired baseball legend Curt Schilling for his conservative political views on North Carolina’s bathroom laws that were highly polarizing in 2016.
Feedback

Maybe it’s time Cliff Galbraith and the East Coast Comicon need to learn the same lesson the NFL, Hollywood, and Marvel Comics are learning. Americans and especially pro-Trump conservative Americans will not spend their money on products and companies that constantly talk down to them and try to belittle and attack them at every turn.

http://boundingintocomics.com/2018/01/13/trump-supporter-kevin-sorbo-denied-spot-east-coast-comicon/

Thoughts?
by on Jan. 16, 2018 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Harlot
by "Alt" on Jan. 16, 2018 at 4:06 PM
3 moms liked this

I get where he's coming from..it's his party and he doesn't want to promote those values. Unfortunately, I think it just makes him look intolerant. We're not going to get anywhere pushing each other away.

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jan. 16, 2018 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Sucks to suck..
KitschyMeow
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 4:11 PM
4 moms liked this
My thoughts? The idea of tolerance has been forgotten here and less believable. It is bad enough I laugh, now, when I hear a message of tolerance and acceptance. Get back to me on that when you actually practice it. Same goes for the other side. There is always common ground to be found. Find that and work from there.
BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Jan. 16, 2018 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Working as a convention promoter and event director I don’t know why he is using his business as a platform to push his political views. We are all geeks regardless of politics. This seems to be more detrimental. Sadly, some in the community are calling for us to support Cliff and follow his lead. Our convention has decided to stay neutral.
Missus_Mom
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. How tolerant.
MissAndree
by Ronita on Jan. 16, 2018 at 5:18 PM
I completely understand why he wants to clean up the reputation of geek culture, especially the misogyny. He's within his right to do so. More power to him.
BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Jan. 16, 2018 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I wonder if people who support him supported the people who wouldn’t bake a lesbian couple a wedding cake...

Quoting MissAndree: I completely understand why he wants to clean up the reputation of geek culture, especially the misogyny. He's within his right to do so. More power to him.
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 6:14 PM
Sounds like junior high.
MissAndree
by Ronita on Jan. 16, 2018 at 6:15 PM
I don't know. Is Kevin Sorbo in a protected class? What service has he been denied? I must have missed that in the article.

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: I wonder if people who support him supported the people who wouldn’t bake a lesbian couple a wedding cake...

Quoting MissAndree: I completely understand why he wants to clean up the reputation of geek culture, especially the misogyny. He's within his right to do so. More power to him.
BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Jan. 16, 2018 at 6:28 PM
3 moms liked this
Cons are a way for celebrities to make money. It’s their way to connect to fans. I don’t see it being different from private businesses deciding who they will and will not do business with.

Quoting MissAndree: I don't know. Is Kevin Sorbo in a protected class? What service has he been denied? I must have missed that in the article.

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: I wonder if people who support him supported the people who wouldn’t bake a lesbian couple a wedding cake...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)