Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trump Releases His Highly Anticipated Fake News Awards Winners, Here It Is

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2018 at 9:26 PM
  • 60 Replies
Here is the full list from the “fake news awards” courtesy of Legal Insurrection:

1, The New York Times’ Paul Krugman claiming markets would ‘never’ recover from Trump presidency

2. ABC News’ Brian Ross’ report on former national security adviser Michael Flynn

3. CNN report that the Trump campaign had early access to hacked documents from WikiLeaks

4. TIME report that Trump removed a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. from the Oval Office

5. The Washington Post’s Dave Weigel tweeting that Trump’s December rally in Pensacola, Florida, wasn’t packed with supporters

6. CNN’s video suggesting Trump overfed fish during visit with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe

7. CNN’s retracted report claiming Anthony Scaramucci-Russia ties

http://info.nct.news/2018/01/17/trump-releases-highly-anticipated-fake-news-awards-winners/
by on Jan. 17, 2018 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jan. 17, 2018 at 9:27 PM
8 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jan. 17, 2018 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
The introduction for the first of the Fake News awards is, itself, Fake News... Victory was neither a landslide, nor historic.
GrayDuck41
by on Jan. 17, 2018 at 9:35 PM

Bestmomalways
by Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I guess I wasn’t paying that much attention. I didn’t realize the fake news awards were an actual thing. Did they get little trophies? 😂😂
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jan. 17, 2018 at 10:24 PM
Teeny tiny for his hands to hold..

Quoting Bestmomalways: I guess I wasn’t paying that much attention. I didn’t realize the fake news awards were an actual thing. Did they get little trophies? 😂😂
Jambo4
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 11:23 PM
Somewhere else on CM a mom was talking about this. I didn't know what she was saying. Never heard of it.
LittleLizette
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:15 AM
3 moms liked this

Of course the news is right on top of this.  Here are some explanations from  The Washington Post summarized 

1) Paul Krugman is an opinion columnist so he was writing his opinion.  How is that fake?

2). Brian Ross got his timeline and it was corrected.  When a mistake is corrected in the paper, how is that fake?

3)CNN mistakenly talked about new emails when they were really already public emails.

4). Zeke Miller tweeted about the MLK Bust being removed and then 1 hour later tweeted a correction, that it was back in the Oval Office 

5) another tweet showing an empty arena in fla before trump rally claiming few people showed up.  This was corrected shortly after by tweet

6) a video of trump feeding fish in Japan.  I just can’t 

And he put fake news as the Mueller investigation?  Shameless.

So all this proves is that the United States does not have a problem with fake news.  This crap he’s whining about is inconsequential.  When a reputable news source makes a mistake, they correct it.  And everyone makes mistakes.  

tiafez
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:20 AM

It was pretty telling that the GOP is part of Trump's silliness now. No wonder they cannot (or refuse to) refund CHIP or cooperate in forming a doable budget. They've been super busy helping Trump with his awards (aka wounded ego hissy). 

THe Republican party used to be above such childishness, I'm wondering why they've changed. It's very disappointing to say the least. 

jessilin0113
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:31 AM
2 moms liked this
At least they did right by issuing corrections promptly and in some cases suspending or having the reporters retire. Trump literally created a commission to find support for his bullshit (voter fraud, anybody?). And as mentioned, some of these aren't truly news, Krugman was an opinion piece and the tweet about crowd size was from the guy's personal Twitter, he was called on it and accepted it and apologized. Trump has some fucking nerve complaining about fake news and his supporters that buy into it while excusing his daily lies are shit.
PPCLC
by Lisa on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:53 AM
It's such petty childish behavior (once more) on his end to do these awards.

He did, however, go on to Tweet that there ARE good reporters.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)