Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In case you weren't sure

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:51 PM
  • 5 Replies
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

This helpful graph sums it up quite well
by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
clsquirt
by Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I would also add that you are allowed to ask for certain considerations to be made in either you school or place of employment to accommodate any religious practice you participate in.  Such as dietary restrictions, times allotted for prayer (even if it has to be private), and allowance for attendance of religious services without penalty, such as Sunday or Saturday Sabbaths or holy fesivals and feasts.  The key thing to keep in mind is that anyone can ask for these considerations to be made for them or their children.

by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 3:56 PM
Too bad your meme left out dozens of other more complicated scenarios that are relevant to many religious people. People who don't need secular people telling them what their beliefs are.

for example, mormon polygamists cannot marry consenting adults. why is marriage limited to two "people"? use the constitution to explain why and how their rights aren't being violated?
MythrylHavoc
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I actually have no problem with polygamy, polyandry, or polyamory so I'm the wrong person to ask. I think it should be legal.

Quoting 1776: Too bad your meme left out dozens of other more complicated scenarios that are relevant to many religious people. People who don't need secular people telling them what their beliefs are.

for example, mormon polygamists cannot marry consenting adults. why is marriage limited to two "people"? use the constitution to explain why and how their rights aren't being violated?
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:55 PM

I'm also ok with multiple marriage partners. Why is it illegal anyway? 

Quoting 1776: Too bad your meme left out dozens of other more complicated scenarios that are relevant to many religious people. People who don't need secular people telling them what their beliefs are. for example, mormon polygamists cannot marry consenting adults. why is marriage limited to two "people"? use the constitution to explain why and how their rights aren't being violated?

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 7:01 PM
Same reason homi sexuality was illegal.

The child marriage arguement is dumb. Kids get molested and oppressed by the millions.

Quoting EireLass:

I'm also ok with multiple marriage partners. Why is it illegal anyway? 

Quoting 1776: Too bad your meme left out dozens of other more complicated scenarios that are relevant to many religious people. People who don't need secular people telling them what their beliefs are.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)