Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chicago West....

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2018 at 8:17 AM
  • 115 Replies
1 mom liked this

The new Kardasians baby name... bc Kenye is frm there... Can they just pick normal names that arent egocentric to themselves? jfc

addition:

yes many people have names that derive from cities that are well known. so i dont have to repeat myself, those names were almost all derived from people who founded them or made an impact. they were names before they were names of cities. particularly last names.

chicago wasnt. its derived from a native american word that means wild onion.

i am sorry i would never name my kid that referenced onion lmfao

by on Jan. 21, 2018 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
themrs007
by Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 8:21 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm not a fan of either of them, but how many other names originate from places? Plenty.
lizzielouaf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:08 AM
8 moms liked this
Who cares? I do not see any difference between the name Chicago and those who have another city name. For example; Brooklyn, Madison, Dallas, Houston, etc.
M4LG5
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not a fan of either but I'm not surprised or care what they name their kids.

YoYiggy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I immediately thought of a spin-off of the NBC Dick Wolf Chicago PD/Chicago Fire/Chicago Med shows. It made me giggle and now I'll always think of that, lol.

There's a lot names based on places. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Personally, I love the name Brookelynn. 🤷
mommy_jules
by Julie on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Meh...it's their baby. They get to name their children whatever they want. I've actually heard worse.
eliptica24
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:28 AM

a bit but they are often attractive names or dont have a negative conotation bc chicago isntnot known for very many good things.

Quoting themrs007: I'm not a fan of either of them, but how many other names originate from places? Plenty.

eliptica24
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:29 AM

a lot ofthose names were names first and then were cities named often for last names of the people who founded them. ive never heard of anyones name be chicago in history.

Quoting lizzielouaf: Who cares? I do not see any difference between the name Chicago and those who have another city name. For example; Brooklyn, Madison, Dallas, Houston, etc.

eliptica24
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:30 AM

neither am i

Quoting M4LG5: I'm not a fan of either but I'm not surprised or care what they name their kids.

eliptica24
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:32 AM

as i mentioned before, most of the names that are now well known cities derived from names first and those places were named after the founders.

they named their kid a name that means wild onion >.< ya.....

Quoting YoYiggy: I immediately thought of a spin-off of the NBC Dick Wolf Chicago PD/Chicago Fire/Chicago Med shows. It made me giggle and now I'll always think of that, lol. There's a lot names based on places. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Personally, I love the name Brookelynn. 🤷

Rhodin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:34 AM
A lot of places in the Midwest basically kept their native names. Chicago is one of them. Wikipedia says the name means “garlic”, because a lot used to grow there, lol.

Quoting eliptica24:

a lot ofthose names were names first and then were cities named often for last names of the people who founded them. ive never heard of anyones name be chicago in history.

Quoting lizzielouaf: Who cares? I do not see any difference between the name Chicago and those who have another city name. For example; Brooklyn, Madison, Dallas, Houston, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)