Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Police board bus demanding proof of citizenship from every passenger

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2018 at 1:55 PM
  • 337 Replies
AEA64DE3-9D5F-474E-A445-B07D2C20FA98.jpeg

While hundreds of thousands protested in Women’s March around the world on Saturday, police boarded a Greyhound bus in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, and demanded proof of citizenship from every passenger.

Below is a Facebook Status followed by a video (at the bottom of this page) posted by Tomas Kennedy exposing a scene similar to what some would expect from the Nazis searching for Jews in WWII Germany. On his Facebook Page Tomas Kennedy’ also lists his extensive experience on issues of government, law, community services, voting issues, as well as immigration.

C25C0959-33B2-4F30-A83B-F68198EB9C1E.jpeg

This past December, the Sun Sentential reported how extreme and terrifying the  current immigration hunt has become.

Kelsey Burke, a personal injury attorney in West Palm Beach, said that could leave room for people to be discriminated against and get taken advantage of. Burke said she has seen hesitation from clients when filing claims for domestic abuse. They fear if they go into a courthouse for any reason, ICE agents will arrest them.

As Director of Americans for Immigrant Justice, Jessica Shulruff Schneider says she has seen a shift in the type of immigrants being arrested. More taken into custody now are immigratns who have lived in their communities for most of their lives, opposed to those who recently migrated to America. 

In essence, an undocumented immigrant who has lived here most of his/her life, pays taxes and contributes to the community—can be arrested while reporting hate crimes, domestic violence, rape and/or for simply riding the bus to work.

Below is the video showing what the new Trump/Republican America looks like. Thank you to Tomas Kennedy and all those who continue to capture and document acts of the morally diseased country we have become. This form of terror by a malicious, perilous and deranged thug who illegitimately took hold of the Oval Office is continuously enabled by a self-serving, complicit and corrupt Republican Party. No longer will I condemn Trump without including and condemning the unconscionable GOP who are as much to blame as Trump—for the destruction of this nation.  

Here is the video showing police intimidate and, in some cases terrorize passengers on a Greyhound bus.

by on Jan. 22, 2018 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reading.Rainbow
by Sif on Jan. 22, 2018 at 2:14 PM
8 moms liked this

Image result for nazi checking documents

LittleLizette
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 2:59 PM
7 moms liked this

Who carries proof of citizenship with them?  We don't live in a country that requires that. 

StonesGirl66
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 3:01 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm fine with this.
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Jan. 22, 2018 at 3:02 PM
9 moms liked this
Of course you are

Quoting StonesGirl66: I'm fine with this.
StonesGirl66
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 3:04 PM
2 moms liked this
Damn right. It's about time

Quoting couture-mommy: Of course you are

Elkamelka
by KayGee on Jan. 22, 2018 at 3:07 PM
7 moms liked this

Harkening back to the "good ole days" when people were rounded up and gassed.  Anyone who supports this and/or who carries this out need to crack a history book.

tiafez
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 3:11 PM
5 moms liked this

I've seen many comment (new's sites, twitter, FB) that they would be very pleased if routine stops were made on highways, trains, buses and people had to prove citizenship or be detained. That we should all become used to carrying citizenship papers at all times. 

I'm sorry if this offends but is that really the America we want to live in? I know I do not. And I will not "just leave" if I don't like it. 

randi1978
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 3:19 PM
10 moms liked this
I would have told them to get fucking bent. I'm not obligated to prove shit.

This shit is going too far.
bluefirewolf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 3:19 PM
9 moms liked this

so you carry proof of citizenship with you all the time?  It's not a driver's license or even an state administered i.d. - could you prove you are a u.s. citizen if you were stopped in the street?  You carry your birth certificate with you?  just ignorant

ashellbell
by shellbark on Jan. 22, 2018 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you over the age of 50?

Quoting StonesGirl66: Damn right. It's about time

Quoting couture-mommy: Of course you are

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)