Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Governor: 1 dead, multiple wounded in Kentucky school shooting

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2018 at 10:48 AM
  • 257 Replies
Authorities are reporting one person was killed and others were wounded Tuesday morning in a high school shooting in rural Kentucky.

Kentucky State Police said in a tweet that a suspect was in custody and the scene was secured. Louisville FBI were also aware of the situation and are currently working with law enforcement.

In a tweet from a verified account, Gov. Matt Bevin said it happened at Marshall County High School in southwest Kentucky.
by on Jan. 23, 2018 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jan. 23, 2018 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
In other news, The weather is great today in my neck of the woods...
lukesmom2002
by on Jan. 23, 2018 at 11:37 AM
4 moms liked this
So sad. We average over one mass shooting a day in the US. So sad.
PinkButterfly66
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 11:47 AM
8 moms liked this

And the answer from the gun nuts is arm the teachers, administrators, arm the students!!  Instead of fewer guns, they want more guns.  When will this madness drive those in congress to enact comprehensive, commonsense gun control laws?

numbr1wmn
by Lina on Jan. 23, 2018 at 11:49 AM
4 moms liked this

Hey I agree. The criminals should be the only ones armed.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

And the answer from the gun nuts is arm the teachers, administrators, arm the students!!  Instead of fewer guns, they want more guns.  When will this madness drive those in congress to enact comprehensive, commonsense gun control laws?

squeekers
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
A student killed or a staff adult?
PinkButterfly66
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 11:50 AM
11 moms liked this

The thing is none of these mass shooters are actually criminals until they commit their crime. Before then, they're law abiding gun owners.   Something to think about.  

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

numbr1wmn
by Lina on Jan. 23, 2018 at 11:51 AM
3 moms liked this

Guns are not the problem here at all.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

The thing is none of these mass shooters are actually criminals until they commit their crime. Before then, they're law abiding gun owners.   Something to think about.  

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

PinkButterfly66
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 11:54 AM
4 moms liked this

The absolute wonton proliferation of guns absolutely is the problem.  

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

PinkButterfly66
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 11:54 AM

That's not illegal, though.  

Quoting Pema_Jampa: No, but they often make comments online indicating their violent thoughts.
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

numbr1wmn
by Lina on Jan. 23, 2018 at 11:55 AM
2 moms liked this

No it's not.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

The absolute wonton proliferation of guns absolutely is the problem.  

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)