Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bullies

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2018 at 7:46 AM
  • 650 Replies
17 moms liked this
With so much focus on bullies, do any of us stop and wonder what may be going on in someone's life when people derail threads to pile on someone here? Online bullying is a problem for kids, but it can also be seen daily on here.
Maybe that person you're calling names and telling they need mental help, etc...as an insult, truly does.

Maybe she truly is the one contemplating suicide or who knows what.

Maybe we don't know that she is beaten down and scared, in an abusive relationship.

Maybe, maybe, maybe.

Much of the behavior we see here really is no different than the bullying we are so concerned about our children enduring.
by on Jan. 27, 2018 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2018 at 7:47 AM

billsfan1104
by Emerald Member on Jan. 27, 2018 at 7:52 AM
12 moms liked this
I was going to post this in the suicide thread. Well something like this.
No one really knows what is going on in someone’s life.
Carpy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 27, 2018 at 8:01 AM
5 moms liked this
I really don't expect many replies to this.

Quoting billsfan1104: I was going to post this in the suicide thread. Well something like this.
billsfan1104
by Emerald Member on Jan. 27, 2018 at 8:04 AM
8 moms liked this
Either that or it will turn into a shit-show with people blaming others for bullying.

Quoting Carpy: I really don't expect many replies to this.

Quoting billsfan1104: I was going to post this in the suicide thread. Well something like this.
M4LG5
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2018 at 8:11 AM
5 moms liked this
I agree there can be and I do think people need to think about their conversations more as if they are speaking in person. People usually have more courtesy.

At the same, I think "bully" is thrown around often and put in place when someone feels they are being attacked in a debate but, in reality, it's a debate with opposing sides.

Many also do not think their own behaviors align with "bullying" but call out "bullying".

It's all in here. There is something someone can do.....leave the group or CM altogether if they no longer want to be part of it.
M4LG5
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2018 at 8:14 AM
10 moms liked this
Very passive-aggressive of both of you. There is a post about a negative behavior and yet your responses are negative. Nice going!

Quoting billsfan1104: Either that or it will turn into a shit-show with people blaming others for bullying.

SlightlyPerfect
by Babushka Blockparty on Jan. 27, 2018 at 8:16 AM
Do you mean just in _this_ group or in confessions? Or across the site?

Luvnlogic
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2018 at 8:17 AM
12 moms liked this
No one here can really know what’s going on in someone’s life unless they share it. Many times, the same is true in real life. Like you mentioned in the suicide thread, there are also people who lie about their mental state for attention...or to make others feel bad after an interaction doesn’t go the way they wanted...or to feel connected to a specific group or topic. So the goal should be empathy, yes. But it’s also reasonable to assume someone posting here with an abrasive, confrontational persona will end up getting responded to in kind. As we saw in that thread, once a vulnerability is revealed about the topic, most people will back off and soften their approach. IMO, bullying is a pattern of behavior from one person to another after being asked to stop and told its hurtful.
Spam72
by Member on Jan. 27, 2018 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Aren’t you a trump supporter? Maybe you could ask him to set the example. Oh, wait. He’s just being honest, he’s tough. He doesn’t play games with pretty words?

You should apply your excuses for trump to the people you think are bullies.
readyforhim
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2018 at 8:25 AM
6 moms liked this
Kids hear their parents talking and behaving negatively, so there is no need to wonder why kids bully.

Many adults excuse the behavior or blame others when their kids are bullies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)