Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

With so much focus on bullies, do any of us stop and wonder what may be going on in someone's life when people derail threads to pile on someone here? Online bullying is a problem for kids, but it can also be seen daily on here.
Maybe that person you're calling names and telling they need mental help, etc...as an insult, truly does.

Maybe she truly is the one contemplating suicide or who knows what.

Maybe we don't know that she is beaten down and scared, in an abusive relationship.

Maybe, maybe, maybe.

Much of the behavior we see here really is no different than the bullying we are so concerned about our children enduring.
by on Jan. 27, 2018 at 7:46 AM
Replies (601-610):
thebadkitty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I AM THE  WINNNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thebadkitty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG OMG I WON I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jan. 28, 2018 at 4:14 PM

It appears you missed the point.  

Quoting joyfree: I SAID I was unaware that they had reached a resolution, OKAY? Thanks for your unnecessary lecture. Geez Louise...
Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Yes, I'm sure it is quite easy for you to make negative assumptions about her whether they are accurate or not.  Part of the problem here is people coming in getting in their hits only because they think their "side" needs their help.  Should we go 15 pages more about how you never miss an opportunity to drag out old grudges with Bills?  When and where does this truly stop?  When do people decide they want different experiences here than this constant circle jerk.  

It's ridiculous how people cannot let something go and move on. 

Quoting joyfree: Quite easily, actually. However, I was unaware that they had reached resolution when I wrote it. I HAVE stopped.
Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

"shrieking like a banshee"?  How would you ascertain this tone from the written word?  

Ultimately this is your bias and you assigning tone and intent to get in your hits when it had nothing to do with you.  Why?  This is the crap that keeps this garbage going.  Just stop already.    

Quoting joyfree: Maybe if you dialed it down a notch and stopped shrieking like a banshee people could actually believe it when you say(or repeat)your apologies. This is unhealthy for you, Bills!
Quoting billsfan1104: I didn’t respond to you, because I have already OWNED MY SHIT ov r and over and over, and also apologized. But inyou quotes, you brought up Linda. Why I do not know. There was no reason too. Book is a joke. But that is your friend, so I don’t expect anything but loyalty to your buddy. She has repeadly lied in this thread and accused me of cyberstalking over and over again and that is the most vile accusation. I have never cyberstalker anyone. No one has pointed out the vile shit she has accused me of or what she has done and I knew that is how this was going to to go down. Everything is on me and not one single thing on what others have done.

Carpy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 4:21 PM
2 moms liked this
I know it is. I've been working all day so popping in here and there. It's our ice fishing festival weekend so since we sell fishing stuff it's been busy.

Quoting joyfree: Sorry Carpy... It’s difficult staying on top of this.
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jan. 28, 2018 at 4:29 PM

Oh trust me, this isn't unique to political sides.  A group of conservatives from this group once decorated their profile walls with nasty memes they dedicated to various liberal members.  Then, of course, there was the husband and wife who attacked people daily.   Happy wasn't too proud to take their money after spending years degrading them.  

Quoting DSamuels: And some said some of us conservatives who are friends are the “mean girls.” SMH We may have discussed things in PM, but not about ganging up or mass reporting or trying to get someone kicked out.
Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

This crap has been happening for years.  People will send messages trying to get large groups to report a specific member in order to get that member blocked from the site.  I repeatedly asked a member privately to not include me in those emails and the requests were ignored and when I replied to the group email saying that it was silliness and people should just ignore each other I was removed from the individual's friend list, blocked and then became the subject of her group email.  

Quoting DSamuels: Damn! I�ve never had that happen to me in 9 or so years here.
Quoting turtle68:

I have had PM's telling me to join with a group and gang up on a woman...Ive also had PM's telling me that they had been PMed and told not to quote me.  I was like wow...people do this shit..how old are you?!  I find it weird that grown women find internet strangers a "threat" to their online personna.

DSamuels
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 4:29 PM
3 moms liked this
I so read that the first time as

“I’v been working all day at pooping “

Quoting Carpy: I know it is. I've been working all day so popping in here and there. It's our ice fishing festival weekend so since we sell fishing stuff it's been busy.
Quoting joyfree: Sorry Carpy... It�s difficult staying on top of this.
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jan. 28, 2018 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

more fiber

Quoting DSamuels: I so read that the first time as “I’v been working all day at pooping “
Quoting Carpy: I know it is. I've been working all day so popping in here and there. It's our ice fishing festival weekend so since we sell fishing stuff it's been busy.

Carpy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
LMAO. Sorry

Quoting DSamuels: I so read that the first time as

“I’v been working all day at pooping “

SkippyDo
by on Jan. 28, 2018 at 4:31 PM
2 moms liked this

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting DSamuels: I so read that the first time as “I’v been working all day at pooping “

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 28, 2018 at 4:40 PM
2 moms liked this

i was talking about that all earlier.  Some people have gone extreme distances on this website.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Oh trust me, this isn't unique to political sides.  A group of conservatives from this group once decorated their profile walls with nasty memes they dedicated to various liberal members.  Then, of course, there was the husband and wife who attacked people daily.   Happy wasn't too proud to take their money after spending years degrading them.  

Quoting DSamuels: And some said some of us conservatives who are friends are the “mean girls.” SMH We may have discussed things in PM, but not about ganging up or mass reporting or trying to get someone kicked out.
Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

This crap has been happening for years.  People will send messages trying to get large groups to report a specific member in order to get that member blocked from the site.  I repeatedly asked a member privately to not include me in those emails and the requests were ignored and when I replied to the group email saying that it was silliness and people should just ignore each other I was removed from the individual's friend list, blocked and then became the subject of her group email.  

Quoting DSamuels: Damn! I�ve never had that happen to me in 9 or so years here.
Quoting turtle68:

I have had PM's telling me to join with a group and gang up on a woman...Ive also had PM's telling me that they had been PMed and told not to quote me.  I was like wow...people do this shit..how old are you?!  I find it weird that grown women find internet strangers a "threat" to their online personna.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)