Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

With so much focus on bullies, do any of us stop and wonder what may be going on in someone's life when people derail threads to pile on someone here? Online bullying is a problem for kids, but it can also be seen daily on here.
Maybe that person you're calling names and telling they need mental help, etc...as an insult, truly does.

Maybe she truly is the one contemplating suicide or who knows what.

Maybe we don't know that she is beaten down and scared, in an abusive relationship.

Maybe, maybe, maybe.

Much of the behavior we see here really is no different than the bullying we are so concerned about our children enduring.
by on Jan. 27, 2018 at 7:46 AM
Replies (611-620):
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jan. 28, 2018 at 4:45 PM
4 moms liked this

Oh gosh, don't I know it.  All of this talk of cyberstalking.  Crap...I had someone try to completely ruin my reputation both on this site and off, come back as multiple different screen names to follow me in groups she was blocked from and try to claim I was a criminal.    I'd gladly take someone telling me I shouldn't be a mom or that I probably suck at my job over this crap again.  

Quoting survivorinohio:

i was talking about that all earlier.  Some people have gone extreme distances on this website.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Oh trust me, this isn't unique to political sides.  A group of conservatives from this group once decorated their profile walls with nasty memes they dedicated to various liberal members.  Then, of course, there was the husband and wife who attacked people daily.   Happy wasn't too proud to take their money after spending years degrading them.  

Quoting DSamuels: And some said some of us conservatives who are friends are the “mean girls.” SMH We may have discussed things in PM, but not about ganging up or mass reporting or trying to get someone kicked out.
Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

This crap has been happening for years.  People will send messages trying to get large groups to report a specific member in order to get that member blocked from the site.  I repeatedly asked a member privately to not include me in those emails and the requests were ignored and when I replied to the group email saying that it was silliness and people should just ignore each other I was removed from the individual's friend list, blocked and then became the subject of her group email.  

Quoting DSamuels: Damn! I�ve never had that happen to me in 9 or so years here.
Quoting turtle68:

I have had PM's telling me to join with a group and gang up on a woman...Ive also had PM's telling me that they had been PMed and told not to quote me.  I was like wow...people do this shit..how old are you?!  I find it weird that grown women find internet strangers a "threat" to their online personna.

lizzielouaf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 4:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I did too. In fact, I did not realize it said popping until I read your pooping post lol. I thought maybe it meant dealing with crap and I just moved on.

Quoting DSamuels: I so read that the first time as

“I’v been working all day at pooping “

Quoting Carpy: I know it is. I've been working all day so popping in here and there. It's our ice fishing festival weekend so since we sell fishing stuff it's been busy.
Quoting joyfree: Sorry Carpy... It�s difficult staying on top of this.
joyfree
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 4:54 PM
2 moms liked this
NO, I just purposefully ignored it.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

It appears you missed the point.  

Quoting joyfree: I SAID I was unaware that they had reached a resolution, OKAY?

Thanks for your unnecessary lecture.

Geez Louise...

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Yes, I'm sure it is quite easy for you to make negative assumptions about her whether they are accurate or not.  Part of the problem here is people coming in getting in their hits only because they think their "side" needs their help.  Should we go 15 pages more about how you never miss an opportunity to drag out old grudges with Bills?  When and where does this truly stop?  When do people decide they want different experiences here than this constant circle jerk.  

It's ridiculous how people cannot let something go and move on. 

Quoting joyfree: Quite easily, actually. However, I was unaware that they had reached resolution when I wrote it.

I HAVE stopped.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

"shrieking like a banshee"?  How would you ascertain this tone from the written word?  

Ultimately this is your bias and you assigning tone and intent to get in your hits when it had nothing to do with you.  Why?  This is the crap that keeps this garbage going.  Just stop already.    

Quoting joyfree: Maybe if you dialed it down a notch and stopped shrieking like a banshee people could actually believe it when you say(or repeat)your apologies.

This is unhealthy for you, Bills!

Quoting billsfan1104: I didn’t respond to you, because I have already OWNED MY SHIT ov r and over and over, and also apologized. But inyou quotes, you brought up Linda. Why I do not know. There was no reason too.
Book is a joke. But that is your friend, so I don’t expect anything but loyalty to your buddy.
She has repeadly lied in this thread and accused me of cyberstalking over and over again and that is the most vile accusation. I have never cyberstalker anyone.
No one has pointed out the vile shit she has accused me of or what she has done and I knew that is how this was going to to go down.
Everything is on me and not one single thing on what others have done.

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 28, 2018 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL...people seemed to think I cared.

Quoting DSamuels: Damn! I’ve never had that happen to me in 9 or so years here.
Quoting turtle68:

I have had PM's telling me to join with a group and gang up on a woman...Ive also had PM's telling me that they had been PMed and told not to quote me.  I was like wow...people do this shit..how old are you?!  I find it weird that grown women find internet strangers a "threat" to their online personna.

Quoting lizzielouaf: I truly like a lot of people in this group however I do not always agree with those same people. What I have experienced is some posters expect blind loyalty in commentary even when you do not agree with them and saying so in the forum is greatly frowned upon. I have gotten the PMs and I have also gotten the screenshots of the gossiping anger because I did not agree with someone. It is very junior high and yes, in some cases, bullying. I have given up on those people.
Quoting SuG4: I’ve given up on 2. One is definitely on my HIT list! One is somebody I really enjoy debating, but some of her views.... every once in a while show me who she really is..(BJ)!
Quoting Debmomto2teens: Yes, there is truly only two people I have given up on.
Quoting SuG4: There are more people like this than what Couture is like!! Indeed. I’ve noticed that too. Although I’ve crossed both aisles, I’ve found some members in this group who simply cannot agree with ANYTHING a member says who’s politically against them.
Quoting Debmomto2teens: I think if you are friendly with someone you may pm them to ask what is going on or respond nicely. However, if it’s someone you do not like, it is easier to point it out and probably less tactfully. General “you”.
Quoting couture-mommy: And Idk why. I speak against ANYONE who is wrong. I hold no alliegance to anyone besides God and my family. And even my family can be wrong, in which I will speak on it. There are people here who tend to "side and align" with views I usually hold, but I speak up when they are offensive, condescending etc. I'm not the type to stay silent.
Quoting lizzielouaf: Speaking out about someone who “you” would usually agree with seems to be wildly unpopular.
Quoting billsfan1104: Well, I will be the first to admit, that I am guilty of this at times. Not all the time, but sometimes.
Quoting lizzielouaf: Further, I would say, especially in this group, people ignore and/or excuse the bullying that happens when it is a poster “we” like or who is on our side of the aisle. I am consistently surprised by those who blatantly ignore the bullying by some.
Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

I don't believe that was said at all.  She is saying that while we wring our hands over children bullying we turn a blind eye to it from adults.  

Quoting Bookwormy: Maybe I misunderstood her point then. I thought that she was saying that the people who are doing The bullying are actually the ones suffering and that's why they're acting out.
Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

I don't believe that was Carpy's point.  I don't see where she is suggesting people should feel empathy for the people who bully others. 

Quoting Bookwormy: If someone suffers from severe mental illness, then of course I feel empathy for that. But they need to get help. It doesn't justify treating others with disrespect, harassment, or bullying. It doesn't justify any of that behavior. And it doesn't allow them to push others to suffering or pain or anything else.
Quoting cjsbmom:

Exactly this. 

Do not feel badly for bullies. There is no justification for ever feeling sorry for a bully. No matter what (general) you are dealing with in life, it's not an excuse to be a bully to someone else. 

Quoting Bookwormy: Carpy, what happened to your sister's friend and the resulting suicide is just awful. I'm sorry for your sister, especially for her friend, and for any of her friend's family that has been negatively impacted by her suicide. I have trouble having any empathy for the people who bullied or abused your sister's friend, however. And empathy for the bullies is what this thread that you've posted is really all about, right?

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 28, 2018 at 6:25 PM

Reading the last couple of hundred replies were like riding an emotional roller coaster LMAO

My face was like all the emoticons hahahahahaha

Carpy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 6:40 PM
Well, I am full of shit sometimes.

Quoting lizzielouaf: I did too. In fact, I did not realize it said popping until I read your pooping post lol. I thought maybe it meant dealing with crap and I just moved on.

Quoting Carpy: I know it is. I've been working all day so popping in here and there. It's our ice fishing festival weekend so since we sell fishing stuff it's been busy.
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jan. 28, 2018 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

More fiber

Quoting Carpy: Well, I am full of shit sometimes.
Quoting lizzielouaf: I did too. In fact, I did not realize it said popping until I read your pooping post lol. I thought maybe it meant dealing with crap and I just moved on.
Quoting DSamuels: I so read that the first time as “I’v been working all day at pooping “

Carpy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 6:57 PM
I don't think that'll help me.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

More fiber

Carpy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 7:00 PM
I kind of know how you feel.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Oh gosh, don't I know it.  All of this talk of cyberstalking.  Crap...I had someone try to completely ruin my reputation both on this site and off, come back as multiple different screen names to follow me in groups she was blocked from and try to claim I was a criminal.    I'd gladly take someone telling me I shouldn't be a mom or that I probably suck at my job over this crap again.  

Quoting survivorinohio:

i was talking about that all earlier.  Some people have gone extreme distances on this website.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Oh trust me, this isn't unique to political sides.  A group of conservatives from this group once decorated their profile walls with nasty memes they dedicated to various liberal members.  Then, of course, there was the husband and wife who attacked people daily.   Happy wasn't too proud to take their money after spending years degrading them.  

Quoting DSamuels: And some said some of us conservatives who are friends are the “mean girls.” SMH

We may have discussed things in PM, but not about ganging up or mass reporting or trying to get someone kicked out.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

This crap has been happening for years.  People will send messages trying to get large groups to report a specific member in order to get that member blocked from the site.  I repeatedly asked a member privately to not include me in those emails and the requests were ignored and when I replied to the group email saying that it was silliness and people should just ignore each other I was removed from the individual's friend list, blocked and then became the subject of her group email.  

Quoting DSamuels: Damn! I�ve never had that happen to me in 9 or so years here.

Quoting turtle68:

DSamuels
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I’v been told that also. I have brown eyes so......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)