Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

With so much focus on bullies, do any of us stop and wonder what may be going on in someone's life when people derail threads to pile on someone here? Online bullying is a problem for kids, but it can also be seen daily on here.
Maybe that person you're calling names and telling they need mental help, etc...as an insult, truly does.

Maybe she truly is the one contemplating suicide or who knows what.

Maybe we don't know that she is beaten down and scared, in an abusive relationship.

Maybe, maybe, maybe.

Much of the behavior we see here really is no different than the bullying we are so concerned about our children enduring.
by on Jan. 27, 2018 at 7:46 AM
Replies (631-640):
lizzielouaf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I am not sure that I believe that about you but if it is true, there are a host of remedies 😉

Quoting Carpy: Well, I am full of shit sometimes.

Quoting lizzielouaf: I did too. In fact, I did not realize it said popping until I read your pooping post lol. I thought maybe it meant dealing with crap and I just moved on.

Quoting DSamuels: I so read that the first time as

“I’v been working all day at pooping “

Quoting Carpy: I know it is. I've been working all day so popping in here and there. It's our ice fishing festival weekend so since we sell fishing stuff it's been busy.
Quoting joyfree: Sorry Carpy... It�s difficult staying on top of this.
noozjunkee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Welp, look what happened!

Image result for big bomb explosion

Quoting Carpy: I really don't expect many replies to this.
Quoting billsfan1104: I was going to post this in the suicide thread. Well something like this. No one really knows what is going on in someone’s life.

Carpy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Apparently fiber is recommended.

Quoting lizzielouaf: I am not sure that I believe that about you but if it is true, there are a host of remedies 😉

Quoting Carpy: Well, I am full of shit sometimes.

Quoting lizzielouaf: I did too. In fact, I did not realize it said popping until I read your pooping post lol. I thought maybe it meant dealing with crap and I just moved on.

Quoting DSamuels: I so read that the first time as

“I’v been working all day at pooping “

Quoting Carpy: I know it is. I've been working all day so popping in here and there. It's our ice fishing festival weekend so since we sell fishing stuff it's been busy.
Quoting joyfree: Sorry Carpy... It�s difficult staying on top of this.
Mommy51408
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 10:23 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm confused. I don't see anything passive aggressive about what she said. Perhaps it's not the tone in what she's saying but the tone in which you're reading it.

In any case this thread seemed fine until a few of you jumped on accusing her of things that I didn't see.

Quoting M4LG5: Ah...."honest" is a good excuse for your passive-aggressive tone?

Your message is now lost because you already appear to entice argument. Way to go.....not!

Had you and bills NOT replies in such manner....i would actually work alongside your message but now it's just petty

Quoting Carpy: I was just being honest. Nothing passive aggressive at all. But thanks.

Quoting M4LG5: Very passive-aggressive of both of you. There is a post about a negative behavior and yet your responses are negative. Nice going!

Quoting billsfan1104: Either that or it will turn into a shit-show with people blaming others for bullying.

Quoting billsfan1104: I was going to post this in the suicide thread. Well something like this.
No one really knows what is going on in someone’s life.
M4LG5
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 10:42 PM

This was at the VERY beginning of the post.  It was the first few posts.

I've often seen this "you but not me" around CM so I wanted to address that.  I felt that it was negative in tone (especially from my experience with a few people).  It's over so feel free to not respond.

Quoting Mommy51408: I'm confused. I don't see anything passive aggressive about what she said. Perhaps it's not the tone in what she's saying but the tone in which you're reading it. In any case this thread seemed fine until a few of you jumped on accusing her of things that I didn't see.
Quoting M4LG5: Ah...."honest" is a good excuse for your passive-aggressive tone? Your message is now lost because you already appear to entice argument. Way to go.....not! Had you and bills NOT replies in such manner....i would actually work alongside your message but now it's just petty
Quoting Carpy: I was just being honest. Nothing passive aggressive at all. But thanks.
Quoting M4LG5: Very passive-aggressive of both of you. There is a post about a negative behavior and yet your responses are negative. Nice going!
Quoting billsfan1104: Either that or it will turn into a shit-show with people blaming others for bullying.
Quoting billsfan1104: I was going to post this in the suicide thread. Well something like this. No one really knows what is going on in someone’s life.

Mommy51408
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 11:19 PM
Well, as long as you've got it all worked out then that's good. I was just saying that sometimes I think we put our own spin on things based on our own biases. I think we all do it. Wasn't trying to be combative.

Quoting M4LG5:

I've often seen this "you but not me" around CM so I wanted to address that.  I felt that it was negative in tone (especially from my experience with a few people).  It's over so feel free to not respond.

Quoting Mommy51408: I'm confused. I don't see anything passive aggressive about what she said. Perhaps it's not the tone in what she's saying but the tone in which you're reading it.

In any case this thread seemed fine until a few of you jumped on accusing her of things that I didn't see.

Quoting M4LG5: Ah...."honest" is a good excuse for your passive-aggressive tone?

Your message is now lost because you already appear to entice argument. Way to go.....not!

Had you and bills NOT replies in such manner....i would actually work alongside your message but now it's just petty

Quoting billsfan1104: I was going to post this in the suicide thread. Well something like this.

M4LG5
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 11:21 PM
I get it....but in being in this group enough, I can sense where some responses are coming from.

Quoting Mommy51408: Well, as long as you've got it all worked out then that's good. I was just saying that sometimes I think we put our own spin on things based on our own biases. I think we all do it. Wasn't trying to be combative.

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting Mommy51408: I'm confused. I don't see anything passive aggressive about what she said. Perhaps it's not the tone in what she's saying but the tone in which you're reading it.

viv212
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry but... 😳

Quoting billsfan1104: Be back later. I have to go to mass. My daughter has to participate as part of her confirmation class.

Quoting M4LG5: Cheese and rice!!!! Don't worry what I've said to her!!

Yes or no? Your answer should NOT be dependent on her answer but your ability and intention.

Quoting billsfan1104: Are you going to ask her the same thing? . Just asking for you to be fair.
I already said I would not engage with her. If she brings up the past, continues to call me a cyberstalker, or makes accusations, I will defend myself.
Other than that, I will not engage with her.

Quoting M4LG5: You've repeated yourself over and over again....same accusations to prove a point but nothing is being accomplished.

Can you....from this point on....NOT engage with her and bring up past accusations? A simple "yes" or "no"...no clauses, no "yeah, but"...just Yes or no.

Quoting billsfan1104: She is not ready to disengage. If she was ready to disengage, she wouldn’t have made a thread about me. She wouldn’t keep these accusations going page after page.
I am not a cyberstalker. I have not harassed her for over a year. I have done none of those. She even threatened to take legal action against me.
I have said before I will ignore her, but when she continues to go after me, gang up on me with other posters, engage other posters in talking about me, that is not disengaging nor is it ignoring me. If you truly want to disengage with me, you(General) wouldn’t do those things.
At that point, you are not holding up your end of the bargain

Quoting M4LG5: She seems ready to disengage....are you? Both need to stop bringing up the past and completely ignore each other. Just stop.

Quoting billsfan1104: She is your friend, so I expect you to defend her and be on her side.
It is an accusation that is vile and wrong.
Any accusation like this could potentionally end my career, especially since she has threatened legal action agaisnt me.
Yes it is frustrating. It’s downright cruel to accuse me of something that I never ever did. Is my response harsh. Yes. BEcause I am frustrated and hurt. Hurt that she started threads about me to accuse me of this. PM’d people with these accusations. And people seem to be ok with this.
And I am sitting here being told that I am wrong to defend myself and that because she presented her accusation in a nice way, that she is more believed and I should just ignore it and walk away.
Why should I walk away from the accusation.
Why don’t you say something to her about her false
Accusations?

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting billsfan1104: Everything is on me and not one single thing on what others have done.

I think you are correct that more people are addressing you than addressing bookwormy.

And, if you're interested, I think I might have a suggestion as to why.   (If you're not interested, just skip reading this and don't reply to it.   I don't want to offer unwelcome advice.)

It isn't what you're saying.   It is how you are saying it.

You have both made accusations against each other.

But Bookwormy has presented the appearence of being willing to disengage.

Whereas you have come over as being willing to keep debating the accusations till kingdom come, even to the point of threatening to bump vast numbers of old threads.

Thing is, I doubt many people care.   Certainly not enough to read through all those old threads to determine which of the accusations are true or false.

If you're being falsely accused of something, that must suck, yes?   It must be infuriating, to have the evidence, but still not be able to persuade people.

Yet that's life.   I don't see it changing, do you?

viv212
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Ooh I don't think Bills would have liked that if Book did the same thing she did.

Just sayin' ☺️

Quoting thebadkitty:

LOL Wormy so I got the request from Bills in WB to stop harassing you. Mind you I haven't even posted or responded to this group for months. Hell, I am rarely here! But hey since you called out the entire damn group now we are all nosey as shit and here.

How ya doing wormy?????

Quoting Bookwormy: You agree that when I've been harassed and request that I should be left alone, it should be respected?

Quoting BoredMom32:

Do the details really matter?  Shouldn't someones request to be left alone, respected?  

Quoting Bookwormy: If they are being harassed and ask politely to be left alone, they should be. I don't know all the details so I can't really say more than that at this time. I'll say after a year of harassment it seems totally reasonable to me.

Quoting BoredMom32:

I've seen quite a few people ask others to leave them alone or go away in this group but they always come back with "you're not going to tell me where I can and can't post" or something like that or they just continue on with their nonsense and ignore the request.

Do you think it's ok when someone else asks for another person to leave them alone that they continue not to, or do you think this is only exclusive to you and your problem with Bills?

In the future if you see another member ask someone to leave them alone are you going to stand up and defend them?  Because right now, even with my limited exposure to this group, I can think of two people who have specifically asked to be left alone by others and the aggressors never do.  

Thank you.

Quoting Bookwormy: Professional libel is serious to me. That's my livelihood. That is not ok, even on CM, and especially not repeatedly. Two times is not ok, ten is not ok. I have not said anything about billsfan.

When someone politely asks you to leave them alone after you have maligned them chronically and you don't, that is also not ok.

joyfree
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2018 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this
You can from personal experience with said person.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

You can tell from word choice if a person is frustrated or being sarcastic, but no,  You cannot get "shrieking like a banshee" from the written word.  

Quoting LittleLizette:

I’m not speaking about anyone in particular but I think you can get a tone a lot of the times from posts.  Not always, but quite often.  Nothing to do with bias.  

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

"shrieking like a banshee"?  How would you ascertain this tone from the written word?  

Ultimately this is your bias and you assigning tone and intent to get in your hits when it had nothing to do with you.  Why?  This is the crap that keeps this garbage going.  Just stop already.    

Quoting joyfree: Maybe if you dialed it down a notch and stopped shrieking like a banshee people could actually believe it when you say(or repeat)your apologies.

This is unhealthy for you, Bills!

Quoting billsfan1104: I didn’t respond to you, because I have already OWNED MY SHIT ov r and over and over, and also apologized. But inyou quotes, you brought up Linda. Why I do not know. There was no reason too.
Book is a joke. But that is your friend, so I don’t expect anything but loyalty to your buddy.
She has repeadly lied in this thread and accused me of cyberstalking over and over again and that is the most vile accusation. I have never cyberstalker anyone.
No one has pointed out the vile shit she has accused me of or what she has done and I knew that is how this was going to to go down.
Everything is on me and not one single thing on what others have done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)