Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

With so much focus on bullies, do any of us stop and wonder what may be going on in someone's life when people derail threads to pile on someone here? Online bullying is a problem for kids, but it can also be seen daily on here.
Maybe that person you're calling names and telling they need mental help, etc...as an insult, truly does.

Maybe she truly is the one contemplating suicide or who knows what.

Maybe we don't know that she is beaten down and scared, in an abusive relationship.

Maybe, maybe, maybe.

Much of the behavior we see here really is no different than the bullying we are so concerned about our children enduring.
by on Jan. 27, 2018 at 7:46 AM
Replies (641-650):
LittleLizette
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2018 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I’m not thinking of anyone here but some people come off as shrill, loud and excitable.  Maybe it’s a lot of capitals, exclamation marks, emojis or just their way with words.  Some people are loud, even with the spoken word.  

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

You can tell from word choice if a person is frustrated or being sarcastic, but no,  You cannot get "shrieking like a banshee" from the written word.  

Quoting LittleLizette:

I’m not speaking about anyone in particular but I think you can get a tone a lot of the times from posts.  Not always, but quite often.  Nothing to do with bias.  

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

"shrieking like a banshee"?  How would you ascertain this tone from the written word?  

Ultimately this is your bias and you assigning tone and intent to get in your hits when it had nothing to do with you.  Why?  This is the crap that keeps this garbage going.  Just stop already.    

Quoting joyfree: Maybe if you dialed it down a notch and stopped shrieking like a banshee people could actually believe it when you say(or repeat)your apologies. This is unhealthy for you, Bills!
Quoting billsfan1104: I didn’t respond to you, because I have already OWNED MY SHIT ov r and over and over, and also apologized. But inyou quotes, you brought up Linda. Why I do not know. There was no reason too. Book is a joke. But that is your friend, so I don’t expect anything but loyalty to your buddy. She has repeadly lied in this thread and accused me of cyberstalking over and over again and that is the most vile accusation. I have never cyberstalker anyone. No one has pointed out the vile shit she has accused me of or what she has done and I knew that is how this was going to to go down. Everything is on me and not one single thing on what others have done.

BmoreRavens
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2018 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting maxswolfsuit: No. I've never seen anyone responded to that way who hadn't previously been combative or unpleasant. Most replies explaining why to vote for Trump were full of degrading comments about Clinton. Just like the only times I've seen people attacke for supporting Clinton is when they said inflammatory things about Trump. As someone who really couldn't support either candidate, it was clear from my perspective that both sides were very disrespectful of the other's views. I've certainly not seen Trump supporters any more disrespected than I've seen Clinton supporters who I have also seen called morons and idiots in this group and other places on this site. And no, any comment meant to belittle isn't bullying. Being mean isn't always bullying. The definition of bullying includes an imbalance of power. As I explained I don't see how that's the case on this site.
Quoting BmoreRavens:

Quoting maxswolfsuit: I take issue with the idea that bullying is common place on this site. Obviously it's common for discussions to turn to arguments. It's also obvious that that rude and intentionally mean things are said on a regular basis. So I will agree that self reflection about how people interact online is needed. But I have a hard time considering it bullying. As a long time member of CM I've wintness countless instances of mean behavior. But as an outsider reading the threads it's always clearly a two sided issues. I can't recall ever seeing anyone being attacked when they were communicating in a mature, thoughtful way. Honestly, the women in here are far worse than children when it comes to finger pointing and crying "she started it." Each person needs to take responsibility for her own behavior. If a member is finding herself the "victim" of frequent attacks perhaps some self reflection about her interactions is in order. If one find herself in constant conflict with a group of people chances are it's a two sided issue. I've managed to participates in thousands of conversations on here without ever feeling bullied or attacked. If I end up in a conversation with someone who isn't communicating respectfully I leave the conversation. None of us are under any obligation to communicate with anyone we don't want to. We all have the power to control who we talk to on here and how we talk to people. Bullying is whe there's a power dynamic and the victim doesn't have the influence or power to change the situation. I just don't see that as the case here.

You have never seen a Trump supporter who was simply saying why they voted for Trump, and that they are still glad that they did ... laughed at, and called stupid and/or a racist for voting Trump?

Or a poster who said they need to see proof that a sexual assault took place before they would declare a man guilty -- called a rape apologist, and a f****** disgrace?

Or a poster who said that the Trumps seem to be in love, and to have a good marriage-- told that they are delusional, and a moron.

These a few of many examples of a poster who posted in a mature manner being bullied for their opinion. 

Any mocking and name-calling with an attempt to degrade, belittle, humiliate, and shame a person -- who made a comment on a subject in a respectful manner --is bullying.

There are many examples on CM of a poster making a comment in a respectful manner, and being attacked. Or a poster posting a picture of themselves, and their being brutally attacked on their appearance. This is undeniable.

I do not attack people for their negative comments about Trump.

A negative comment about to Trump is not a personal attack on me.

My negative comment about the Clintons is not a personal attack on a poster.

For instance, if I say to a poster that the "Clintons are corrupt" that is not a personal attack on a poster; nor is it an invitation for that poster to attack me.

If I call a poster stupid idiot for voting for the Clintons (though I never have) this would be a personal attack. I would be bullying that poster by calling them names in an attempt to degrade them.

An imbalance of power comes into play when a parent bullies their child, or a teacher bullies a student, or a boss bullies an employee, or a police officer bullies a motorist.

However this, obviously, is not so with bullying on a message board. There is no imbalance of power, but there is bullying.

When the definition of bullying was, first, determined there was no Facebook, chat rooms, or message boards. The definition of bullying has changed. You are entitled to you own opinion, but not your own definition.

What Is Cyberbullying

Cyberbullying is bullying that takes place over digital devices like cell phones, computers, and tablets. Cyberbullying can occur through SMS, Text, and apps, or online in social media, forums, or gaming where people can view, participate in, or share content. Cyberbullying includes sending, posting, or sharing negative, harmful, false, or mean content about someone else. It can include sharing personal or private information about someone else causing embarrassment or humiliation. Some cyberbullying crosses the line into unlawful or criminal behavior.

Cyberbullying Tactics 

• Posting comments or rumors about someone online that are mean, hurtful, or embarrassing.
  • Threatening to hurt someone or telling them to kill themselves. 
  • Posting a mean or hurtful picture or video. 
  • Pretending to be someone else online in order to solicit or post personal or false information about someone else. 
  • Posting mean or hateful names, comments, or content about any race, religion, ethnicity, or other personal characteristics online.
  • Creating a mean or hurtful webpage about someone. 
  • Doxing, an abbreviated form of the word documents, is a form of online harassment used to exact revenge and to threaten and destroy the privacy of individuals by making their personal information public, including addresses, social security, credit card and phone numbers, links to social media accounts, and other private data.
Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2018 at 3:20 AM

Quoting BmoreRavens:

If I call a poster stupid idiot for voting for the Clintons (though I never have) this would be a personal attack. I would be bullying that poster by calling them names in an attempt to degrade them.

An imbalance of power comes into play when a parent bullies their child, or a teacher bullies a student, or a boss bullies an employee, or a police officer bullies a motorist.

However this, obviously, is not so with bullying on a message board. There is no imbalance of power, but there is bullying.

When the definition of bullying was, first, determined there was no Facebook, chat rooms, or message boards. The definition of bullying has changed. You are entitled to you own opinion, but not your own definition.

What Is Cyberbullying

Cyberbullying is bullying that takes place over digital devices like cell phones, computers, and tablets. Cyberbullying can occur through SMS, Text, and apps, or online in social media, forums, or gaming where people can view, participate in, or share content. Cyberbullying includes sending, posting, or sharing negative, harmful, false, or mean content about someone else. It can include sharing personal or private information about someone else causing embarrassment or humiliation. Some cyberbullying crosses the line into unlawful or criminal behavior.

Cyberbullying Tactics 

• Posting comments or rumors about someone online that are mean, hurtful, or embarrassing.
  • Pretending to be someone else online in order to solicit or post personal or false information about someone else. 
  • Posting mean or hateful names, comments, or content about any race, religion, ethnicity, or other personal characteristics online.
  • Doxing, an abbreviated form of the word documents, is a form of online harassment used to exact revenge and to threaten and destroy the privacy of individuals by making their personal information public, including addresses, social security, credit card and phone numbers, links to social media accounts, and other private data.

I read that differently.

I think there is a distinction between:

Any time someone calls someone a "stupid idiot", that is bullying.

and

Bullying is a repeated pattern of threats and attacks that is intended to intimidate or beat the other person into submitting or otherwise following the bully's will (such as, for example, leaving a group).   Tactics used by a bully online may include sending, posting, or sharing negative, harmful, false, or mean content about someone else.   However not all instances of such tactics are necessarily part of an attempt to bully.

I would also add that while 'physically' all posters are equal, they don't not necessarily have the same social power (influence), and if a popular (or, at least, prolific) poster tries to use their influence to get multiple other posters to join in attacking someone, that too is a type of power imbalance.

maxswolfsuit
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2018 at 6:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Again I just don't see how being called names in a forum like this is embarrassing or humiliating. Why would an adult care that a stranger called her an idiot? I'm not privy to everything that happens on this site but I have not seen members posting lies about other membrane they certainly share their negative opinions, but that's not the same as spreading lies. I have seen claims that members go after people IRL and I suppose that would be bullying. But I feel like it's reckless to share personal information on a site like this and wonder what the details are of how things could escalate like that.

What it boils down to me is that if a member feels harassed or bullied and continues to come back to the group they should take some responsibility for that choice. There are groups here I have been I and will never go back to because of the way the members treat each other. Why would a rational adult choose to continue to be mistreated? It's obvious that many members of this site find the bickering and back and forth entertaining. Crying victim when one is continuing to chose to engage with people isn't something I can understand.

Quoting BmoreRavens:

Quoting maxswolfsuit: No. I've never seen anyone responded to that way who hadn't previously been combative or unpleasant. Most replies explaining why to vote for Trump were full of degrading comments about Clinton. Just like the only times I've seen people attacke for supporting Clinton is when they said inflammatory things about Trump.

As someone who really couldn't support either candidate, it was clear from my perspective that both sides were very disrespectful of the other's views.

I've certainly not seen Trump supporters any more disrespected than I've seen Clinton supporters who I have also seen called morons and idiots in this group and other places on this site.

And no, any comment meant to belittle isn't bullying. Being mean isn't always bullying. The definition of bullying includes an imbalance of power. As I explained I don't see how that's the case on this site.

Quoting BmoreRavens:

Quoting maxswolfsuit: I take issue with the idea that bullying is common place on this site. Obviously it's common for discussions to turn to arguments. It's also obvious that that rude and intentionally mean things are said on a regular basis. So I will agree that self reflection about how people interact online is needed.

But I have a hard time considering it bullying. As a long time member of CM I've wintness countless instances of mean behavior. But as an outsider reading the threads it's always clearly a two sided issues. I can't recall ever seeing anyone being attacked when they were communicating in a mature, thoughtful way. Honestly, the women in here are far worse than children when it comes to finger pointing and crying "she started it."

Each person needs to take responsibility for her own behavior. If a member is finding herself the "victim" of frequent attacks perhaps some self reflection about her interactions is in order. If one find herself in constant conflict with a group of people chances are it's a two sided issue.

I've managed to participates in thousands of conversations on here without ever feeling bullied or attacked. If I end up in a conversation with someone who isn't communicating respectfully I leave the conversation. None of us are under any obligation to communicate with anyone we don't want to. We all have the power to control who we talk to on here and how we talk to people. Bullying is whe there's a power dynamic and the victim doesn't have the influence or power to change the situation. I just don't see that as the case here.

You have never seen a Trump supporter who was simply saying why they voted for Trump, and that they are still glad that they did ... laughed at, and called stupid and/or a racist for voting Trump?

Or a poster who said they need to see proof that a sexual assault took place before they would declare a man guilty -- called a rape apologist, and a f****** disgrace?

Or a poster who said that the Trumps seem to be in love, and to have a good marriage-- told that they are delusional, and a moron.

These a few of many examples of a poster who posted in a mature manner being bullied for their opinion. 

Any mocking and name-calling with an attempt to degrade, belittle, humiliate, and shame a person -- who made a comment on a subject in a respectful manner --is bullying.

There are many examples on CM of a poster making a comment in a respectful manner, and being attacked. Or a poster posting a picture of themselves, and their being brutally attacked on their appearance. This is undeniable.

For instance, if I say to a poster that the "Clintons are corrupt" that is not a personal attack on a poster; nor is it an invitation for that poster to attack me.

What Is Cyberbullying

Cyberbullying Tactics 

cgd5112
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2018 at 6:45 AM
I know what you’re saying/mean. Unlike irl, we can choose to disconnect from CM. We can change our screen name if need be.

Earlier I posted about some of my initial experiences w a member here. I admit I was taken aback. However, I quickly decided not to take it seriously. I like this group and even many on the other side of the isle. So, I chose to stay and dismiss the personal rudeness/insults.

So, I agree that it is achoice we have on here. Some have more vested on here than others. I don’t see anything wrong with that. However, generally speaking, it would be nice if we all showed a higher level of decorum and courtesy towards one another, like we would if we were all face to face chatting.

I don’t think that if we were all face to face chatting and we still said the things we do on here , that anyone would be calling out “bully!”. It would probably be more like rude, anger issues, belligerence, catty ...

Quoting maxswolfsuit: Again I just don't see how being called names in a forum like this is embarrassing or humiliating. Why would an adult care that a stranger called her an idiot? I'm not privy to everything that happens on this site but I have not seen members posting lies about other membrane they certainly share their negative opinions, but that's not the same as spreading lies. I have seen claims that members go after people IRL and I suppose that would be bullying. But I feel like it's reckless to share personal information on a site like this and wonder what the details are of how things could escalate like that.

What it boils down to me is that if a member feels harassed or bullied and continues to come back to the group they should take some responsibility for that choice. There are groups here I have been I and will never go back to because of the way the members treat each other. Why would a rational adult choose to continue to be mistreated? It's obvious that many members of this site find the bickering and back and forth entertaining. Crying victim when one is continuing to chose to engage with people isn't something I can understand.

Quoting BmoreRavens:

Quoting maxswolfsuit: No. I've never seen anyone responded to that way who hadn't previously been combative or unpleasant. Most replies explaining why to vote for Trump were full of degrading comments about Clinton. Just like the only times I've seen people attacke for supporting Clinton is when they said inflammatory things about Trump.

As someone who really couldn't support either candidate, it was clear from my perspective that both sides were very disrespectful of the other's views.

I've certainly not seen Trump supporters any more disrespected than I've seen Clinton supporters who I have also seen called morons and idiots in this group and other places on this site.

And no, any comment meant to belittle isn't bullying. Being mean isn't always bullying. The definition of bullying includes an imbalance of power. As I explained I don't see how that's the case on this site.

Quoting BmoreRavens:

Quoting maxswolfsuit: I take issue with the idea that bullying is common place on this site. Obviously it's common for discussions to turn to arguments. It's also obvious that that rude and intentionally mean things are said on a regular basis. So I will agree that self reflection about how people interact online is needed.

But I have a hard time considering it bullying. As a long time member of CM I've wintness countless instances of mean behavior. But as an outsider reading the threads it's always clearly a two sided issues. I can't recall ever seeing anyone being attacked when they were communicating in a mature, thoughtful way. Honestly, the women in here are far worse than children when it comes to finger pointing and crying "she started it."

Each person needs to take responsibility for her own behavior. If a member is finding herself the "victim" of frequent attacks perhaps some self reflection about her interactions is in order. If one find herself in constant conflict with a group of people chances are it's a two sided issue.

I've managed to participates in thousands of conversations on here without ever feeling bullied or attacked. If I end up in a conversation with someone who isn't communicating respectfully I leave the conversation. None of us are under any obligation to communicate with anyone we don't want to. We all have the power to control who we talk to on here and how we talk to people. Bullying is whe there's a power dynamic and the victim doesn't have the influence or power to change the situation. I just don't see that as the case here.

What Is Cyberbullying

Cyberbullying Tactics 

BmoreRavens
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2018 at 5:20 PM

Quoting Harlot:

So do you define all things that way? If a woman does it, it's womanly? So, being trans is womanly? 

Yes people tend to hold leaders as role models. I think the reasons are obvious.

Quoting BmoreRavens:

Quoting Harlot:

Please actually define the word as you see it, rather than using a vague deflection. Cheers!

Quoting BmoreRavens:

Quoting Harlot:

Define Presidential 

Quoting BmoreRavens:

Quoting Harlot:

She's 100% right. The president of the US should be held to the highest standard. Somehow, right now,he's held to the lowest. It's inexplicable.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

U were the first to be rude

Quoting Spam72: You think my comment is bullying? To who? I’m stating the obvious that we should all hold the president to a higher standard than strangers on the internet. And you people call liberals snowflakes?
Quoting numbr1wmn:

Winner winner with proving the point

Quoting Spam72: Aren’t you a trump supporter? Maybe you could ask him to set the example. Oh, wait. He’s just being honest, he’s tough. He doesn’t play games with pretty words? You should apply your excuses for trump to the people you think are bullies.

We have had "presidential"  presidents who have gotten our country nowhere. This explains why we now have President Trump  ...  four more years of "presidential" would have just about ruined us. 

Most of the country did not want another career politician in the White House, and if Hillary would have won we would have had a First Man in the White House who had a past that is a million times worse than anything our current First Lady has done in her past.

The requirements to become president is that you must be 35 years of age, a natural born citizen, and resided in the USA for at least 14 years. Having impeccable manners, and being charming is not a requirement. :)

The best person for the job -- for this time in history -- won!

Apparently, the definition of presidential is the way that every president behaved -- but Donald Trump.

Befitting a president, and anything that is not befitting a president is not presidential .. and that encompasses a lot of things. People normally think that a president should be nearly perfect.

I hold leaders as human beings, and if we expect them to be anywhere near perfect we are most often going to be very disappointed.

When a person becomes a leader his/her God-given temperament does not change, and his past is not erased. 

There are various ways to be a role model as president; having impeccable manners while doing vulgar and corrupt things is, obviously, not being a good role model. 

I do not see Trump doing anything vulgar or corrupt. Therefore, it is OK with me that he is not a typical president, and that he is not always presidential.

I don't know how a "trans being womanly" comes into this?

BmoreRavens
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2018 at 5:25 PM

Quoting Harlot:

But...but.. Clinton!

Quoting BmoreRavens:

Quoting Harlot:

"Should" never stood a chance. Join me in the real world. I agree people should behave. But they don't. Let's figure out how to deal with it, whilst still encouraging people to behave.

Ill give you a personal example from my life. When that tape of Trump talking about grabbing pussies was played and people continued to support him, I was majorly triggered. It was a personal attack on every woman who has had a man grab her vagina without her consent. Which includes me. But,I could not change his actions, nor those of his followers. I could only work on myself and figure out how to cope, and to work to persuade people that someone who assaults women and brags about it is unfit for any office, much less the Oval Office. You see? He "should" have been better than that. But he wasn't. So I dealt. That's the real world.

Quoting BmoreRavens:   

No one should allow themselves to be bullied out of a group or bullied off of CM.

The posters doing the bullying should be the ones to leave if they cannot control themselves, and debate an issue without  STARTING with the snarky, condescending, arrogant, obnoxious remarks; especially when it involves a group of bullies ganging-up on one poster to attack them.

The poster responding to the bully is not a bully. They are defending themselves against the bully when they attack in return; both posters are responsible for their own choice to attack but, again, they are not both bullies.

The bully is always the one who attacks a person who had been posting in a respectful manner.  

It is possible to debate a poster, with strongly held opposing views, in a mutually respectful way. As I have said many times, Francee and I rarely agree on anything, but we treat one another (for the very most part) with the utmost respect in debating an issue. 

https://oal.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/33/2016/11/Bullying-for-Adults-Final.pdf   

In the real world ... regardless of how anyone here behaves ... no one is going to bully me out of a group or off of CM. I have no problem dealing with the bullies.

When people supported Hillary Clinton were you majorly triggered, because she lied to help Bill  cover-up his sexual assaults, and she threatened his accusers, and in your knowing that a vote for Hillary was a vote to put a sexual predator back in the White House to represent our country as First Man?

Did you feel that Hillary followers who supported having Bill, once again, in the White House -- which he defiled -- was a personal attack on every woman who had their p*ssy grabbed without consent?

There is no proof that Trump has, actually, sexually assaulted any woman. The woman whom Trump was talking about on the Billy bush tape, Nancy O'Dell, who he was supposed to have "made the moves on" when they went furniture shopping, said nothing about Trump doing any such thing  to her -- when she, later, twice commented publicly as to the tape.

If what Trump said on the tape about her was "true" the tape would have been the ultimate proof of it, and could have made every other Trump accuser more believable, by  O'Dell saying that Trump (in fact) sexually assaulted her. 

However, what did we get from O'Dell? NOTHING! Why? Because Trump was, obviously, exaggerating and bragging to impress Billy Bush.

There has hardly been any president who was "fit for office" as the majority of them cheated on their wives with random women, and some of them had mistresses as their wives looked the other way. 

These former presidents all should have been better behaved than this, but they weren't. This is the real world  of the presidents ... so you have had a lot more to deal with than "Donald Trump," and you would have had a lot to deal with had Hillary won the presidency in knowing about the "dynamic duo" -- of the man who sexually assaulted women, and the woman who enabled him to do so for 30 years. 

Bill Clinton's long history of sexual violence against women dates back some 30 years

(Editor's Note: The following story is an update of previously-published information and contains some new material.)

By Daniel J. Harris
& Teresa Hampton
Capitol Hill Blue

• Eileen Wellstone, 19-year-old English woman who said Clinton sexually assaulted her after she met him at a pub near the Oxford where the future President was a student in 1969. A retired State Department employee, who asked not to be identified, confirmed that he spoke with the family of the girl and filed a report with his superiors. Clinton admitted having sex with the girl, but claimed it was consensual. The victim's family declined to pursue the case;
  • In 1972, a 22-year-old woman told campus police at Yale University that she was sexually assaulted by Clinton, a law student at the college. No charges were filed, but retired campus policemen contacted by Capitol Hill Blue confirmed the incident. The woman, tracked down by Capitol Hill Blue last week, confirmed the incident, but declined to discuss it further and would not give permission to use her name;
  • In 1974, a female student at the University of Arkansas complained that then-law school instructor Bill Clinton tried to prevent her from leaving his office during a conference. She said he groped her and forced his hand inside her blouse. She complained to her faculty advisor who confronted Clinton, but Clinton claimed the student ''came on'' to him. The student left the school shortly after the incident. Reached at her home in Texas, the former student confirmed the incident, but declined to go on the record with her account. Several former students at the University have confirmed the incident in confidential interviews and said there were other reports of Clinton attempting to force himself on female students;
  • Broaddrick, a volunteer in Clinton's gubernatorial campaign, said he raped her in 1978. Mrs. Broaddrick suffered a bruised and torn lip, which she said she suffered when Clinton bit her during the rape;
  • From 1978-1980, during Clinton's first term as governor of Arkansas, state troopers assigned to protect the governor were aware of at least seven complaints from women who said Clinton forced, or attempted to force, himself on them sexually. One retired state trooper said in an interview that the common joke among those assigned to protect Clinton was "who's next?". One former state trooper said other troopers would often escort women to the governor's hotel room after political events, often more than one an evening;
  • Carolyn Moffet, a legal secretary in Little Rock in 1979, said she met then-governor Clinton at a political fundraiser and shortly thereafter received an invitation to meet the governor in his hotel room. "I was escorted there by a state trooper. When I went in, he was sitting on a couch, wearing only an undershirt. He pointed at his penis and told me to suck it. I told him I didn't even do that for my boyfriend and he got mad, grabbed my head and shoved it into his lap. I pulled away from him and ran out of the room."
  • Elizabeth Ward, the Miss Arkansas who won the Miss America crown in 1982, told friends she was forced by Clinton to have sex with him shortly after she won her state crown. Last year, Ward, who is now married with the last name of Gracen (from her first marriage), told an interviewer she did have sex with Clinton but said it was consensual. Close friends of Ward, however, say she still maintains privately that Clinton forced himself on her.
  • Paula Corbin, an Arkansas state worker, filed a sexual harassment case against Clinton after an encounter in a Little Rock hotel room where the then-governor exposed himself and demanded oral sex. Clinton settled the case with Jones recently with an $850,000 cash payment.
  • Sandra Allen James, a former Washington, DC, political fundraiser says Presidential candidate-to-be Clinton invited her to his hotel room during a political trip to the nation's capital in 1991, pinned her against the wall and stuck his hand up her dress. She says she screamed loud enough for the Arkansas State Trooper stationed outside the hotel suite to bang on the door and ask if everything was all right, at which point Clinton released her and she fled the room. When she reported the incident to her boss, he advised her to keep her mouth shut if she wanted to keep working. Miss James has since married and left Washington. Reached at her home last week, the former Miss James said she later learned that other women suffered the same fate at Clinton's hands when he was in Washington during his Presidential run.
  • Christy Zercher, a flight attendant on Clinton's leased campaign plane in 1992, says Presidential candidate Clinton exposed himself to her, grabbed her breasts and made explicit remarks about oral sex. A video shot on board the plane by ABC News shows an obviously inebriated Clinton with his hand between another young flight attendant's legs. Zercher said later in an interview that White House attorney Bruce Lindsey tried to pressure her into not going public about the assault.
  • Kathleen Willey, a White House volunteer, reported that Clinton grabbed her, fondled her breast and pressed her hand against his genitals during an Oval Office meeting in November, 1993. Willey, who told her story in a 60 Minutes interview, became a target of a White House-directed smear campaign after she went public.

In an interview with Capitol Hill Blue, the retired State Department employee said he believed the story Miss Wellstone, the young English woman who said Clinton raped her in 1969.

''There was no doubt in my mind that this young woman had suffered severe emotional trauma,'' he said. ''But we were under tremendous pressure to avoid the embarrassment of having a Rhodes Scholar charged with rape. I filed a report with my superiors and that was the last I heard of it.''

Miss Wellstone, who is now married and lives near London, confirmed the incident when contacted this week, but refused to discuss the matter further. She said she would not go public with further details of the attack. Afterwards, she changed her phone number and hired a barrister who warned a reporter to stay away from his client.

In his book, Unlimited Access, former FBI agent Gary Aldrich reported that Clinton left Oxford University for a "European Tour" in 1969 and was told by University officials that he was no longer welcome there. Aldrich said Clinton's academic record at Oxford was lackluster. Clinton later accepted a scholarship for Yale Law School and did not complete his studies at Oxford.

The State Department official who investigated the incident said Clinton's interests appeared to be drinking, drugs and sex, not studies.

"I came away from the incident with the clear impression that this was a young man who was there to party, not study," he said.

Oxford officials refused comment. The State Department also refused to comment on the incident. A Freedom of Information request filed by Capitol Hill Blue failed to turn up any records of the incident.

Capitol Hill Blue also spoke with the former Miss James, the Washington fundraiser who confirmed the encounter with Clinton at the Four Seasons Hotel in Washington, but first said she would not appear publicly because anyone who does so is destroyed by the Clinton White House.

''My husband and children deserve better than that,'' she said when first contacted two weeks ago. After reading the Broaddrick story Friday, however, she called back and gave permission to use her maiden name, but said she had no intention of pursuing the matter.

"I wasn't raped, but I was trapped in a hotel room for a brief moment by a boorish man," she said. "I got away. He tried calling me several times after that, but I didn't take his phone calls. Then he stopped. I guess he moved on."

But Miss James also retreated from public view this week after other news organizations contacted her.

The former Miss Moffet, the legal secretary who says Clinton tried to force her into oral sex in 1979, has since married and left the state. She says that when she told her boyfriend, who was a lawyer and supporter of Clinton, about the incident, he told her to keep her mouth shut.

"He said that people who crossed the governor usually regretted it and that if I knew what was good for me I'd forget that it ever happened," she said. "I haven't forgotten it. You don't forget crude men like that."

Like two other women, the former Miss Moffet declined further interviews. A neighbor said she had received threatening phone calls.

The other encounters were confirmed with more than 30 interviews with retired Arkansas state employees, former state troopers and former Yale and University of Arkansas students. Like others, they refused to go public because of fears of retaliation from the Clinton White House.

Likewise, the mainstream media has shied away from the Broaddrick story. Initially, only The Drudge Report and other Internet news sites have actively pursued it. Since initial publication of this story, a few mainstream media outlets have expressed interest in interviewing the women.

The White House did not return calls for comment. White House attorney David Kendall has issued a public denial of the Broaddrick rape.

I listened to ... but ... but ... Bush, for years!

Carpy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 30, 2018 at 9:20 AM
Do you fish?

Quoting Butterfly49651: Ok, sure thing.
Quoting Carpy: Let's just all start the pile on, now. They've both exited the thread. Leave it at that. Maybe it will work if some don't start piling on either of them, now.

Quoting Butterfly49651: What's wrong with that one? She scares me.

Quoting joyfree: Maybe if you dialed it down a notch and stopped shrieking like a banshee people could actually believe it when you say(or repeat)your apologies.

This is unhealthy for you, Bills!

Quoting billsfan1104: I didn’t respond to you, because I have already OWNED MY SHIT ov r and over and over, and also apologized. But inyou quotes, you brought up Linda. Why I do not know. There was no reason too.
Book is a joke. But that is your friend, so I don’t expect anything but loyalty to your buddy.
She has repeadly lied in this thread and accused me of cyberstalking over and over again and that is the most vile accusation. I have never cyberstalker anyone.
No one has pointed out the vile shit she has accused me of or what she has done and I knew that is how this was going to to go down.
Everything is on me and not one single thing on what others have done.

Quoting Debmomto2teens: So how about my two quotes to you? You claim to take responsibility for your actions, but you will not.

Book is not a joke. She has been very open about how she feels without calling you names.

I’ve now asked you twice to take responsibilty for your actions without excuses as I have several times now.

If you don’t respond, I know that you truly take no responsibility and are just on here to stir the crap.

You claim to be bullied, but multiple people are pointing out so really ugly things you have said. Take ownership.

Quoting billsfan1104: You are a joke and a liar. You have lied throughout all of this and I know your game.
I will not do as you tell me to do. I will not put up with your lying, bullying bullshit that you put me through.
You have bullied me with you and your buddies. You won’t leave me alone. You created 4 threads in order to deman, bully, harrass and have people go after me. YOU alone created those threads. That is not a sign a stable person.
So I will no do as you say. I will post in any thread I want. I will post or quote anything that I want.
You do not have the right to tell me what I should do while you bully and harrass me.

Quoting Bookwormy: You know what? It wasn't about you. You managed to make it about you. You know what else? WB is not really a private group. I've seen your screen shots and since I never admitted it was a call out thread, because it wasn't, your screen shots don't prove that. Ultimately when you lied to Carpy, I then called you out. But the thread itself wasn't intended to call you out. It was a PSA about which I have strong personal feelings. I have those feelings since I have been cyberstalked by two individuals.

Now, I'm going to amend my original request. And if you don't respect it, then I won't respect my end of the deal, because I'm not going to allow you to continue to treat me like shit. But here goes:

We are oil and water so please ignore me and I you. I will ignore your threads as well and please ignore mine. Please don't mention me in any CEHT threads. Please don't call me names in CEHT such as Charles Manson, claim I've bullied you in CEHT, or commit professional libel against me ever again. Yes, it is a public forum but you are being asked to kindly behave like in a mature fashion and make the right choice. In return I will ignore you entirely and not even reply to branches in which you appear. I will not mention you in CEHT, call you names in CEHT, etc. If you cannot adhere to this request, then you are clearly seeking the negative attention that comes from our interactions. In that case I will likely respond negatively to you engaging in the behavior I've requested you refrain from, especially speaking about me negatively in CEHT, claiming that I've victimized you in CEHT, sabotaging my threads, etc. I don't want to give you any attention and you seem to seek it, but I won't allow you to treat me so poorly any longer.

Quoting billsfan1104: Well you are wrong. It was about me and I have the screenshots to prove it was when she admitted it.

Quoting Butterfly49651: Hello. Excuse me for politely butting in, but I've been following along for a while, and I do not believe Bookwormy was talking about you in her now deleted thread "Cyberbullying"
I think it was for the group in general. That's unfair of you to accuse her of that.
Just my 2 cents.
Quoting billsfan1104: What is sad is that the same one decrying the bullying, saying they gave up on posters still continue to bully and join in on the bullying of the poster by liking a bully�s comment and making comments about that poster �they gave up on� and continuing on.
Two threads were made about me in the last two days. TWO of them. They were meant to degrade and humiliate me and it was distressing to see how these same women who blame others for bullying joined right in. And then they come in here and pretend they are innocent and do not a thing wrong.
I haven�t been innocent, I have been cruel and nasty and I have lashed out as well. The point I am making is that I am not innocent. And neither are most of these women. And if they stop just putting the blame on certain posters and recognize their actions, I think we can move on and make this group a better group.

Quoting Sweet_Faith: It doesn't happen often, but I've done it and a few others have too.

Quoting lizzielouaf: Speaking out about someone who �you� would usually agree with seems to be wildly unpopular.

Quoting billsfan1104: Well, I will be the first to admit, that I am guilty of this at times. Not all the time, but sometimes.

Quoting lizzielouaf: Further, I would say, especially in this group, people ignore and/or excuse the bullying that happens when it is a poster �we� like or who is on our side of the aisle. I am consistently surprised by those who blatantly ignore the bullying by some.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

I don't believe that was said at all. � She is saying that while we wring our hands over children bullying we turn a blind eye to it from adults. � 

Quoting Bookwormy: Maybe I misunderstood her point then. I thought that she was saying that the people who are doing The bullying are actually the ones suffering and that's why they're acting out.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

I don't believe that was Carpy's point. � I don't see where she is suggesting people should feel empathy for the people who bully others.� 

Quoting Bookwormy: If someone suffers from severe mental illness, then of course I feel empathy for that. But they need to get help. It doesn't justify treating others with disrespect, harassment, or bullying. It doesn't justify any of that behavior. And it doesn't allow them to push others to suffering or pain or anything else.

Quoting cjsbmom:

Exactly this.� 

Do not feel badly for bullies. There is no justification for ever feeling sorry for a bully. No matter what (general) you are dealing with in life, it's not an excuse to be a bully to someone else.� 

Quoting Bookwormy: Carpy, what happened to your sister's friend and the resulting suicide is just awful. I'm sorry for your sister, especially for her friend, and for any of her friend's family that has been negatively impacted by her suicide. I have trouble having any empathy for the people who bullied or abused your sister's friend, however. And empathy for the bullies is what this thread that you've posted is really all about, right?

Sparkles4Lui
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2018 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I can see your point. We truly don't know what's going on with people on the other side of the screen. At the same time, I can separate myself from the opinions of anonymous internet posters. I do try to consider other feelings when I respond. Especially if I've read them for a while. Personalities can be revealed through the written word.
EarlGrayHot
by Member on Feb. 6, 2018 at 9:24 AM

When you come to a public website such as this and ask ridiculous questions you should not be surprised at the answers you get most of the time.  I would not call it bullying. Not the same really.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)