Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Matthew Knowles: Light-skin helped Beyoncé become famous

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2018 at 3:45 PM
  • 91 Replies
1 mom liked this
http://amp.tmz.com/2018/02/05/mathew-knowles-beyonce-light-skinned-popularity

Or something like that....

Any opinions on that? Is America the only country with a hue issue within their own race?
by on Feb. 5, 2018 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jpickens
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2018 at 4:36 PM
5 moms liked this
No, Asians can be like that too.

As far as the article, I don’t dislike Beyoncé but always felt her music was over rated and never really cared for it.

But I prefer music like Mary J - My Life and old school R&B. So maybe it’s just a preference thing.
Hottmomma607
by NOLA T. on Feb. 5, 2018 at 4:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes also other races. Its sad.

Quoting jpickens: No, Asians can be like that too.

As far as the article, I don’t dislike Beyoncé but always felt her music was over rated and never really cared for it.

But I prefer music like Mary J - My Life and old school R&B. So maybe it’s just a preference thing.
cgd5112
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2018 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I think there are plenty of countries where there is a hue issue.

I know it is so in some Latin Anerican countries and Asian countries.
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2018 at 5:02 PM

As a white person, I don't get the whole light/dark thing within their own race many black people seem to fixate on.

billsfan1104
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2018 at 5:03 PM
4 moms liked this
Beyoncé’s dad always pushed her up front, always pushed the other in the back. Beyoncé does not have a good voice to sing, but is an entertainer.
jpickens
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2018 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this
It is sad. 😢

Quoting Hottmomma607: Yes also other races. Its sad.

SuG4
by Firestarter on Feb. 5, 2018 at 6:39 PM
Gosh, I love My Life!! I think that’s a Roy Ayers sample! ❤️❤️

SuG4
by Firestarter on Feb. 5, 2018 at 6:40 PM
2 moms liked this
I think she’s got a pretty good voice! But she’s a heluva performer.

Quoting billsfan1104: Beyoncé’s dad always pushed her up front, always pushed the other in the back. Beyoncé does not have a good voice to sing, but is an entertainer.
Olioxenfree
by Member on Feb. 5, 2018 at 6:43 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm not going to say its true, there is a lot to her succes, but there is definitly a bias toward light skin vs dark skinned people of color. Not only in the US, it exists in many countries, such as India.

Quoting SuG4: http://amp.tmz.com/2018/02/05/mathew-knowles-beyonce-light-skinned-popularity

Or something like that....

Any opinions on that? Is America the only country with a hue issue within their own race?
billsfan1104
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2018 at 6:45 PM
2 moms liked this
I think the other ladies had a better voice. But I do agree, she is one hell of a performer. I always feel like the best performers don’t have a great voice—it’s decent voices—but you go to their shows for the dancing and the performance. Like Janet, Justin, Michael, and other. Ever notice the ones that had the best voices like Whitney or Mariah can’t dance??

Quoting SuG4: I think she’s got a pretty good voice! But she’s a heluva performer.

Quoting billsfan1104: Beyoncé’s dad always pushed her up front, always pushed the other in the back. Beyoncé does not have a good voice to sing, but is an entertainer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)