Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Matthew Knowles: Light-skin helped Beyoncé become famous

Posted by   + Show Post
http://amp.tmz.com/2018/02/05/mathew-knowles-beyonce-light-skinned-popularity

Or something like that....

Any opinions on that? Is America the only country with a hue issue within their own race?
by on Feb. 5, 2018 at 3:45 PM
Replies (91-91):
SuG4
by Firestarter on Feb. 11, 2018 at 7:16 PM
I haven’t seen this on YouTube. But it’s a good one!! Thanks sweetie❣️

Quoting Schauseil: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1956180287745487&id=109281389102062

You are so right, I'm going to love this!!! Its absolutely beautiful and wonderfully inspired.

Quoting SuG4: They’re trailers o YouTube! You’ll be hyped to see this movie.... at least the kids will be. I’m more hyped than my dds.

Quoting Schauseil: I havnt seen the previews, but I've heard of it. We plan to go see it when it comes out.

Quoting SuG4: Well then you’re going to LOVE the new Black Panther movie coming out on the 16th.

Quoting Schauseil: I never understood it either. Yes all people are beautiful, but I am biased towards darker skin. There is something magical about black women who are very dark.

Quoting 1776: I knew about the slave history but I meant modern free people fixating on it. I saw a mom on some talk show bleaching her 5 year olds skin and relaxing her hair. it was bizarre.

Quoting Aolekeia:

I guess you wouldn’t.  Lol.  It goes very far back.  Even with slaves.  Lighter skinned blacks were treated “better” than darker skinned blacks.  They were usually the one that did not have to do the back breaking work in the fields.  They were beat less.  Sold off less.  As a consolation prize, they got to serve the slave owner and his family.  That’s why there’s a big push to love our dark skinned, kinky hair people.  For generations that has always been seen as a negative.  White was seen as better, but thankfully those thoughts are changing.  We are all beautiful.

Quoting 1776:

As a white person, I don't get the whole light/dark thing within their own race many black people seem to fixate on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)