Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A haircut for highlights -- is it child abuse?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:30 PM
  • 141 Replies

I don't typically keep pictures in the articles I post, but I did here to show the haircut that the dad and stepmother required the daughter to get. 

Dad allegedly cuts daughter's hair because she got highlights

by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KenneMaw
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:32 PM
9 moms liked this

Absolutely, that is cruel punishment.  That is more than a hair cut.  The dad and SM are total asshats for doing that to their child. 

I have heard that her mother or other family now has custody of her, so she is away from her father and SM.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:34 PM
7 moms liked this
Ugh! That child is old enough to understand what her father/stepmother did. She is also old enough to refuse to visit him. And she should.
DensHag
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:34 PM
I think it is. Nothing but punishment on the child because they didn’t like what the Mom and daughter chose to do. I’m glad that girl is away from those asshats.
Matboxcards
by Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:34 PM
2 moms liked this
In this particular case, absolutely. I have no legal expertise, but this sounds like some form of assault to me. As well as some kind of pissing contest with the BM.
romalove
by Roma on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
That poor girl!
motherslove82
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:36 PM
5 moms liked this
I think if you cut a child's hair, which she loved and got done for her birthday, while she is crying and resisting then it was definitely abuse. I think he should be charged, to be honest.
coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I think so too. I can't imagine ever doing that to my children.

Quoting Matboxcards: In this particular case, absolutely. I have no legal expertise, but this sounds like some form of assault to me. As well as some kind of pissing contest with the BM.
nononenever
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:44 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes, it's abuse.    Cutting a woman's (girl's) hair has long been used as a viciously demeaning and humiliating punishment.     I seem to remember one young girl being shamed into suicide recently with the same punishment. 

I hope the father and stepmother are happy with the consequences their actions bring. 

BmoreRavens
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:49 PM
7 moms liked this

Dad and step-mom need to be shaved bald.

MissAndree
by Ronita on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:50 PM
3 moms liked this
That is absolutely abuse.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)