Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A haircut for highlights -- is it child abuse?

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't typically keep pictures in the articles I post, but I did here to show the haircut that the dad and stepmother required the daughter to get. 

Dad allegedly cuts daughter's hair because she got highlights

by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:30 PM
Replies (141-142):
by Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this
That makes more sense. Lol.

Quoting FromAtoZ: 2.5 years......two and a half years. 😊

Quoting themrs007: It's been a long day, but how was your then 14 year old abused over a 25 year time period?

There are cases where it's a one time thing, but I agree there are often similar occurrences prior.

Quoting FromAtoZ: My ex husband was deemed to he emotionally abusive towards our daughter, back when she was 14, by the Judge, for lesser evils. However, this spanned over a 2.5 year time frame.

I hate to think how controlling this young girl's father and step mother could be.

Quoting themrs007: Agreed. I was speak as in a court of law. Otherwise we can give our opinions of what abuse is all day long.

Quoting FromAtoZ: In a court of law, perhaps. However, to a 13 year old girl, their actions could have a long impact on her.

Quoting themrs007: I agree it's wrong, but emotional abuse is typically repetitive and difficult to prove, especially if based on a single instance.

Quoting FromAtoZ: It's emotional abuse.

Quoting themrs007: I don't think just the act of the haircut is abuse. It is most certainly wrong, but I think there would have to be other instances like this for the father and step mother to be charged with abuse.
by Member on Mar. 5, 2018 at 12:31 PM

I think Child abuse is a stretch.  How does the girl feel?  They are jerks for sure, but abuse?  I don't think so 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)