Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you seen this one?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:44 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

https://nypost.com/2017/11/25/teen-who-claims-nypd-cops-bullied-her-over-rape-allegations-tells-her-story/

Can you explain to me why the law in 35 states says someone is capable of giving consent while under arrest?  This is a clear violation of power. If the sperm is in the vagina someone should go to jail.

by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MissAndree
by Ronita on Feb. 9, 2018 at 8:40 AM
2 moms liked this
What a clear abuse of power.
Bookwormy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 8:47 AM
2 moms liked this
"Martins, 37, and Hall, 33, have admitted engaging in sexual acts with Chambers while on the job, but claimed it was consensual."

Clear violation of power. An 18yo under arrest, or anyone under arrest, should not be able to legally consent to sex with the arresting officers, or any LE officers. Just like you can't legally consent to sex with a prison guard as a prisoner. Everyone knows this after watching OITNB! Seriously, this absolutely isn't ok.
twinkersmom
by Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:09 PM

you're welcome

Quoting LoveMyDog:

Thank you

Quoting twinkersmom:

https://nypost.com///teen-who-claims-nypd-cops-bullied-her-over-rape-allegations-tells-her-story

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Wait...cops, on duty, can legally have sex with people that they have arrested?

Give me an effing break.

Sex, while on the clock, with people in custody?

lukesmom2002
by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:44 PM
If she was in handcuffs and in their custody how would it be consensual? They had the upper hand and she literally had no power to decide anything. Someone who has been arrested would be a good target for perverts like this after all who will believe her. Glad they are no longer police officers and I hope they receive harsh sentences if found guilty.
Lady_Facetious
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:55 PM
It should be illegal for an officer (either police or corrections) to have sex with someone they have in custody.
LoveMyDog
by Member on Feb. 10, 2018 at 9:44 AM

My point for posting the article is that in NY and 34 other states the Police can claim it was consentual and then it becomes a he said she said pretty much guaranteeing that there is no guilty verdict and therefor the DA won't even waste time prosecuting.  It should be that any cop found to be having sex with anybody (even their spouse) while on the clock should be in big trouble for dereliction of duties.  And any cop having sex with someone being detained should go to jail.  There is no such thing as consent when there is no balance of power.  Good cops should demand that this is changed immediately.  This is a disgrace.

Quoting lukesmom2002: If she was in handcuffs and in their custody how would it be consensual? They had the upper hand and she literally had no power to decide anything. Someone who has been arrested would be a good target for perverts like this after all who will believe her. Glad they are no longer police officers and I hope they receive harsh sentences if found guilty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)