Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much does this bother you?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2018 at 1:15 PM
  • 61 Replies
I am sure that the majority of people are aware of the head spinning amount of turnover in the White House, according to the NYT the rate of turnover is 34% just in this first year. How much does this FACT bother you? Trump supporter or not, something like this isn't a good sign. Not in government and especially not in the business world. Which is how Trump is turning our government into. Also how much does it bother you that SO many people in the White House don't have or flat out failed security clearances but handle high level security documents?
I am asking here because I've read so many articles and reader replies. Now I am very curious about what this group sees and thinks about what all of this.

My questions here are:
How much does the fact of high turnover in the WH bother you?
How much does it bother you that so many people handling high level security documents have either failed or never been given security clearances?
How much does it bother you that so many agencies have several vacancies in NEEDED positions and that several of these agencies are facing massive budget cuts?

Here is the NYT article for the WH turnover
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/12/us/politics/trump-white-house-staff-turnover.html?mtrref=www.nytimes.com&gwh=0E20749D6850B27F49AC0B6BFF2F3E30&gwt=pay
by on Feb. 13, 2018 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GrayDuck41
by on Feb. 13, 2018 at 1:20 PM

All good questions.

I agree that it is quite "unusual" that the turnover is so high.

There is something not quite right .

PamR
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2018 at 1:23 PM
7 moms liked this

It tells me that this WH is not concerned about completing security clearances before giving people access to high level documents.  The turnover indicates an environment of chaos.  The vacancies would seem to indicate they are having difficulty getting people to work for them.

All troublesome.

AmaliaD
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2018 at 1:26 PM
8 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

It’s all terrible. It’s just the tip of the iceberg too.
CraziestTexan39
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2018 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes... I absolutely agree with you. Even my ex in-laws who have been lifelong Republicans see all of this too. It's very troublesome and I just can't wrap my head around the still rallying support.

Quoting PamR:

It tells me that this WH is not concerned about completing security clearances before giving people access to high level documents.  The turnover indicates an environment of chaos.  The vacancies would seem to indicate they are having difficulty getting people to work for them.

All troublesome.

hotspice58
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2018 at 1:30 PM

It's bothersome because it shows that there is little faith in our President.

CraziestTexan39
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2018 at 1:32 PM
2 moms liked this
How so? He certainly seems to bring this failure of faith in him onto himself.

Quoting hotspice58:

It's bothersome because it shows that there is little faith in our President.

CraziestTexan39
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2018 at 1:33 PM
I couldn't agree more.

Quoting AmaliaD:

Mobile Photo

It’s all terrible. It’s just the tip of the iceberg too.
owl0210
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2018 at 1:35 PM
6 moms liked this
He attracts the lowest common denominators because he is one of them.
Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2018 at 1:43 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting CraziestTexan39: I am sure that the majority of people are aware of the head spinning amount of turnover in the White House, according to the NYT the rate of turnover is 34% just in this first year.

I predicted it, here on CafeMom, before Trump took office.

I expect the turnover rate will decrease as, person by person, he gets into positions people he feels are personally loyal to him rather than to the office he holds..

Seafaith
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2018 at 1:48 PM
2 moms liked this

As I said in another thread I am shocked that family members who are conservative are leaving the party. Some thought the GOP congress would be a check on 45 and are finding out they are just ignoring 45's indiscretions. We just had a discussion about Nixon and how the GOP handled him and how different this GOP congress is towards 45.

Quoting CraziestTexan39: Yes... I absolutely agree with you. Even my ex in-laws who have been lifelong Republicans see all of this too. It's very troublesome and I just can't wrap my head around the still rallying support.
Quoting PamR:

All troublesome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)