Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BLACK PANTHER!!!! YAAAAS QUEENS!!!

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2018 at 6:05 PM
  • 71 Replies
1 mom liked this
Has anyone set out to watch this yet????
by on Feb. 17, 2018 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Feb. 17, 2018 at 6:18 PM

Yep....Loved it! 

alexmom529
by Member on Feb. 17, 2018 at 6:18 PM
Watched it Thursday night!
Democratmom18
by Member on Feb. 17, 2018 at 6:20 PM

Not yet I really want to.  My older kids have offered to babysit the younger kids so we can have a date night next Friday so we might see it then.  

vreed0608
by Member on Feb. 17, 2018 at 6:20 PM
Saw it Thursday with my daughter. We both loved it and will be seeing out again in the theater. It was beautiful seeing did many strong, positive, beautiful brown people.
ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 17, 2018 at 6:24 PM
Let me ask you, did you feel Michael B Jordan’s character was truly a villain?

Quoting NWP:

Yep....Loved it! 

ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 17, 2018 at 6:25 PM
How did you feel about Jordan’s character? Did you feel he was truly a villain?

Quoting vreed0608: Saw it Thursday with my daughter. We both loved it and will be seeing out again in the theater. It was beautiful seeing did many strong, positive, beautiful brown people.
amy1will
by Member on Feb. 17, 2018 at 6:30 PM
Going to see it tomorrow
vreed0608
by Member on Feb. 17, 2018 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think he was truly evil. He was self absorbed and immature. He made many of his decisions based on anger and resentment.

Quoting ashellbell: How did you feel about Jordan’s character? Did you feel he was truly a villain?

Quoting vreed0608: Saw it Thursday with my daughter. We both loved it and will be seeing out again in the theater. It was beautiful seeing did many strong, positive, beautiful brown people.
ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 17, 2018 at 6:33 PM
2 moms liked this
His character really got me. Once he developed, I really started to empathize and understand where he was coming from.

The women, though. Holy crap the female representation was so strong. I freaking loved this movie.

Quoting vreed0608: I don't think he was truly evil. He was self absorbed and immature. He made many of his decisions based on anger and resentment.

Quoting ashellbell: How did you feel about Jordan’s character? Did you feel he was truly a villain?

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Feb. 17, 2018 at 6:34 PM

No. Not in the usually Disney sense at all. He was a complex character that was not after personal profit but wanted to right the wrongs in the world the way he percieved them and the only way he knew how, which was a bad way and not the right way.

Quoting ashellbell: Let me ask you, did you feel Michael B Jordan’s character was truly a villain?
Quoting NWP:

Yep....Loved it! 

Nasty Woman Power

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)