Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Teacher Body Slam

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2018 at 11:56 PM
  • 3 Replies

North Carolina Teacher in Video Body Slamming Student Reportedly Fired

By Tom Ozimek 

A North Carolina substitute teacher captured on video picking up a 12-year-old student and slamming him down onto a classroom floor on Valentine’s Day has been fired.

Paul Stennett, 49, allegedly body slammed Jose Escudero after the boy tried to retrieve candy that the teacher had confiscated.

According to Fox8, the incident is said to have taken place at the Western Guilford Middle School in Greensboro, and was captured on camera by a fellow student.

The boy’s mother, listed on Facebook as Mayo Corrales, wrote that she was “asking for justice” after her son was suspended from school for seven days after the incident. (Facebook)

The boy told Fox8 news that the teacher took away his Valentine’s Day candy and placed them in a sink. After class, Escudero took the chocolates and put them in his backpack, but the teacher tried to grab them from him.

Jose told Fox that when the substitute teacher couldn’t grab them from him, he then grabbed Jose by his shirt, pinned him up against the wall and then flipped him over his shoulder to the ground.

Jose showed FOX8 bruises on his body that resulted from the incident.

A video of the altercation, which begins while Jose is already in the air, was posted on Friday by the boy’s mother, Heidy Escudero, with an annotation “asking for justice.” The woman also wrote that after the incident, her son was hit with a seven-day suspension.

“This kind of behavior toward a student is disturbing and unacceptable,” Guilford County Schools’ Chief of Staff Nora Carr told Fox8 in a statement.

“We reported the behavior to law enforcement and will no longer employ this person as a substitute teacher or in any other GCS position,” Carr said.

It is reported that Escudero and his mother plan to take legal action against both the school and Stennett, according to Fox8.

The Greensboro Police Department told the Daily Mail that the video posted to Facebook “does not capture the entire incident,” and officials “are still interviewing people so it would be premature to place any charges at this time.”

From The Epoch Times

by on Feb. 21, 2018 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 12:20 AM
3 moms liked this

I work with kids with special needs at a local high school, and over the years I have taken part in physical restraints of students. Students who were 16, 17, up to 21 years old, trying to pull hair, hit, bite, kick us, and not once did we come close to treating a student like that. That man should be nowhere near a classroom.
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
WTF??? That violent fucker should be facing charges. I'd love to know why he wasn't led away in handcuffs. Too premature to file charges my ass. What does it matter WHAT led up to him handling a 12 year old CHILD like that? All that SHOULD matter here is how physically violent he handled a student. His parents ought to be able to file charges. PERIOD. The "man" belongs behind bars. And this in a day and age when the kids are led away in handcuffs for getting physical towards a teacher. Talk about fucked up double standards. 😣😤😣😤😣😤😣😤😣
by Mahinaarangi on Feb. 22, 2018 at 1:03 AM

what was the kid doing?  It looks like the kid had lunged at the teachers head and the end result was the body looked reactional not deliberate.  Should a child be allowed to slam into a teachers head?

Im going off what I saw in the video...the positioning of his desk and chair seems to question how he would be able to grab a large teen and pin him against a wall and then body slam him.  However it does seem as though the kid could have thrown himself at the teacher...I dont believe the teacher could have hauled him up and over his desk to body slam him...a smaller kid, maybe...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)