Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

‘Sperm on His Face’?

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2018 at 9:46 AM
  • 185 Replies

When I think of all of the dignified pictures of our presidents -- this is sickening if the "sperm" is intentional.  Either way, this portrait is not fitting of a president.

The Official Presidential Portrait of Barack Obama Has ‘Sperm on His Face’

The artist who painted gruesome depictions of black people decapitating white people revealed his presidential portrait of Barack and Michelle Obama on Monday to adorn the walls of the Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery.

While the odd paintings where met with mixed reviews, to say the least, the artist, Kehinde Wiley, may have added something else into his portrait of the 44th president. 

Making the rounds on social media Tuesday morning were strong suspicions that the official portrait of the former president has sperm on his face. 

The rumors wouldn’t be completely unfounded. Wiley is known for putting depictions of sperm cells into his work. In his interpretation of David’s Napoleon there are swimming sperm all over the background, “as a reference to African male virility, or potentially, promiscuity,” writes Quartz’s Ann Quito.

Another of his paintings, 2006’s “St. Lucy” appears to have a background made of the squiggly little critters as well. 

In the portrait of Obama, a vein depicted on the president’s left temple looks suspiciously like a sperm cell, with the head pointing to his ear and the tail whipped up toward his hairline. The odd looking vein is coupled with, just above the president’s left eye, a spot of seemingly pointless white goo that also looks like a glob of spent manhood. 

by on Feb. 22, 2018 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 9:50 AM
13 moms liked this
This is by far the most asinine post.
ILive4This
by Robin on Feb. 22, 2018 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Wtf? I don't even know what I just read.

tiafez
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 9:57 AM
10 moms liked this

so glad you patrol artwork looking for sperm. keep up the good work!

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Feb. 22, 2018 at 10:00 AM
4 moms liked this

What's sickening is just how far you will sink.  Get out and take a walk. 

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Feb. 22, 2018 at 10:00 AM
3 moms liked this

Do you think they gave her a Sperm Patrol sash? 

Quoting tiafez:

so glad you patrol artwork looking for sperm. keep up the good work!

romalove
by Roma on Feb. 22, 2018 at 10:04 AM
7 moms liked this
I don't know. We have to sort of go through them all since almost every single thing she posts is asinine, and then make a determination. But that would be painful to do, and this post is probably in the top five.

Quoting owl0210: This is by far the most asinine post.
BmoreRavens
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 10:08 AM

They should have commissioned this artist to do the official painting. 

Barack Obama, Portrait of a President, Lee Mitchelson

President Barack Obama celebrates his fifty-fourth birthday today. Happy Birthday, Mr. President. In my continuing series dedicated to bringing to light the many official and un-official presidential portraits down through the years, this is the first case in which I have many of the latter and none of the former. Official presidential portraits are, of course, painted only after the president leaves office. And as of his birthday today, August 4, 2015, he still has about seventeen months to go before he chooses an artist to immortalize his visage from a wall in the White House. This presents an interesting first-time opportunity for me, that being the chance to suggests possible portrait artists for the president to consider; and furthermore, knowing a little of the Obama's tastes in art, to try to visualize just what such a portrait might look like.

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Feb. 22, 2018 at 10:11 AM
3 moms liked this
The source of this nonsense is way out there. I wonder how many Russian troll sites she follows.

Quoting romalove: I don't know. We have to sort of go through them all since almost every single thing she posts is asinine, and then make a determination. But that would be painful to do, and this post is probably in the top five.

romalove
by Roma on Feb. 22, 2018 at 10:12 AM
4 moms liked this
All of them?

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans: The source of this nonsense is way out there. I wonder how many Russian troll sites she follows.

Quoting romalove: I don't know. We have to sort of go through them all since almost every single thing she posts is asinine, and then make a determination. But that would be painful to do, and this post is probably in the top five.

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Feb. 22, 2018 at 10:14 AM
4 moms liked this
Seems likely.

Quoting romalove: All of them?

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans: The source of this nonsense is way out there. I wonder how many Russian troll sites she follows.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)