Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

#ArmMeWith

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2018 at 11:58 AM
  • 6 Replies

"Teachers are responding to President Donald Trump’s suggestion that arming teachers would prevent more school shootings and are using the hashtag #ArmMeWith to demand better school supplies and mental health resources, not guns. "

If you are a teacher or were a teacher, what would you #ArmMeWith say?

by on Feb. 23, 2018 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2018 at 12:01 PM

Definitely more counseling (not just advising for classes)/social workers for mental health, more teachers (for smaller class sizes), and funding for more elective classes so students can explore their interests more

UpSheRises
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2018 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Arm me with early interventions.

Brains don’t go bad in high school...they go bad long before that.

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2018 at 12:10 PM

I think part of the early interventions is having smaller class sizes so teachers can get to know their students more.  I read one teacher's response that his classes are up to 40 students....220 students a day.  Because there are so many, he doesn't feel like he really gets to know them, gets to work with them to find THEIR success, and also identify concerns. 

Quoting UpSheRises: Arm me with early interventions. Brains don’t go bad in high school...they go bad long before that.

UpSheRises
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2018 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with smaller class sizes but I mean early like infants and toddlers. During brain development. Make better people.

Quoting M4LG5:

I think part of the early interventions is having smaller class sizes so teachers can get to know their students more.  I read one teacher's response that his classes are up to 40 students....220 students a day.  Because there are so many, he doesn't feel like he really gets to know them, gets to work with them to find THEIR success, and also identify concerns. 

Quoting UpSheRises: Arm me with early interventions.

Brains don’t go bad in high school...they go bad long before that.

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2018 at 12:24 PM

ah!!  Got it.  YES!!!  More support for families

Quoting UpSheRises: I agree with smaller class sizes but I mean early like infants and toddlers. During brain development. Make better people.
Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting UpSheRises: Arm me with early interventions. Brains don’t go bad in high school...they go bad long before that.

BmoreRavens
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Train, and arm the qualified teachers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)