Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Assault weapons are not hunting rifles

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2018 at 2:49 PM
  • 63 Replies
3 moms liked this

Image may contain: text
by on Feb. 24, 2018 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DSamuels
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 3:13 PM
6 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Define “assault rifle” first. What about the guns pictured? Is either or both an assault rifle?

Is an assault rifle an automatic rifle? They aren’t legal unless you have a special permit from the ATF.

Semi-automatic? That is the majority of rifles and handguns. It means one trigger pull - one bullet fired.
PinkButterfly66
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 3:26 PM
4 moms liked this

So lets ban all of them.  I'm down with that too.

Quoting DSamuels:

Mobile Photo

Define “assault rifle” first. What about the guns pictured? Is either or both an assault rifle? Is an assault rifle an automatic rifle? They aren’t legal unless you have a special permit from the ATF. Semi-automatic? That is the majority of rifles and handguns. It means one trigger pull - one bullet fired.

DSamuels
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 3:29 PM
2 moms liked this
All guns?

But it’s said over and over “no one wants to ban guns.”

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting DSamuels:

Mobile Photo

Define “assault rifle” first. What about the guns pictured? Is either or both an assault rifle?

Is an assault rifle an automatic rifle? They aren’t legal unless you have a special permit from the ATF.

Semi-automatic? That is the majority of rifles and handguns. It means one trigger pull - one bullet fired.

Sparkles4Lui
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 3:30 PM
4 moms liked this
MAGAZINE CAPACITY PEOPLE!
SommelierMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 3:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Agreed. No hunters, nor any civilian, need 30 round capacity.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting DSamuels:

Mobile Photo

Define �assault rifle� first. What about the guns pictured? Is either or both an assault rifle?

Is an assault rifle an automatic rifle? They aren�t legal unless you have a special permit from the ATF.

PinkButterfly66
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 3:32 PM
4 moms liked this

I would love to see the 2nd Amendment repealed.  Gun ownership should not be a constitutional right.  And the majority of gun owners are not hunters.  They either collect them or target shoot with them.  Neither is a good reason to own guns. I would love to see guns banned like they are in the UK and Australia.

Quoting DSamuels: All guns? But it’s said over and over “no one wants to ban guns.”
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting DSamuels:

Mobile Photo

Define “assault rifle” first. What about the guns pictured? Is either or both an assault rifle? Is an assault rifle an automatic rifle? They aren’t legal unless you have a special permit from the ATF. Semi-automatic? That is the majority of rifles and handguns. It means one trigger pull - one bullet fired.

DSamuels
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
How are you going to get the guns away from the criminals? You know, the ones who don’t care about buying or possessing guns legally?

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I would love to see the 2nd Amendment repealed.  Gun ownership should not be a constitutional right.  And the majority of gun owners are not hunters.  They either collect them or target shoot with them.  Neither is a good reason to own guns. I would love to see guns banned like they are in the UK and Australia.

Quoting DSamuels: All guns?

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting DSamuels:

Mobile Photo

DSamuels
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 3:36 PM
4 moms liked this
Lots of us would love to see abortion outlawed. I don’t believe it will ever happen though.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting DSamuels:

Mobile Photo

Sparkles4Lui
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I know a lot of gun owners who hunt. Do you have a source for your claim?

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting DSamuels:

Mobile Photo

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 4:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Honest people who hunt are already restricted with that. 

(this is one of the very few things I know about hunting, haha)

Quoting Sparkles4Lui: MAGAZINE CAPACITY PEOPLE!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)