Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GOP turns to “ school safety “

Posted by   + Show Post
With Gun Control Nearing a Dead End, G.O.P. Turns to ‘School Safety’ - The New York Times
by on Mar. 8, 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies (111-120):
Sparkles4Lui
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2018 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sure.

Quoting Carpy: Yes, but good luck with finding someone who wants to part with one

Quoting Sparkles4Lui: They can be obtained with a federal permit and enough money to buy one, right?

Quoting Carpy: We're do you think he could have gotten a machine gun?

Quoting MonarchMom22:

Agree to disagree.  If the Parkland shooter had a revolver, he would never had killed or wounded as many people.  If he had a bump stock or machine gun it would have been much worse.

The number of shots that can be fired in a short amount of time can be the difference between life and death for those at the scene. The specific gun and accessories is a huge factor in that equation.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

They can still address that to. But lets do something that will help faster and let them deal with an issue that will take more time.However the issue we have is not guns. 

Quoting MonarchMom22:

I don't disagree with schools "being safe" but I think it is a band-aid treatment for a systemic problem.  

Say you add metal detectors and gaurds at the door... what is stopping an armed child from boarding a school bus with a gun?  or entering a football stadium?  or the school parking lot during a fire drill? 

How are we going to protect hospitals, colleges, parades, beaches, parks, malls, ball fields, street fairs, high-rise buildings?  Are we all going to live in armed and barricaded camps?

If we don't address the aquisition of guns first, nothing else will ever be enough.  We need more rigorous background checks for every gun purchase - no exceptions.  We need a waiting period. We need to review the types of guns and high-capacity magazines we are putting into circulation. We need Red Flag laws to allow law enforcement to act on reports of violence, threats and mental instability. And most of all we need to remove the block on Federal research into gun safety and use the knowledge we gain to prevent gun deaths.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

That is what they should be doing. School Safety!!! Why do you disagree with schools being safe?

Pema_Jampa
by on Mar. 10, 2018 at 1:19 PM
Do tell..

Quoting billsfan1104: Just note, that I know what you are doing with your profile picture and you think you are funny and slick.

Quoting Pema_Jampa: Just because someone proves you wrong with facts doesn't make them a troll.

Deal with it.

Quoting grandmab125:

More lies from you.  You don't know what the hs teachers make in my town, I do.  So mind your own business.

And I said Chicago teachers w/a bs and 5 years make $62,000.  Your pathetic little chart below says they make $62,485.  Wow, I guess a difference of $2,485 makes me a liar.  You can look that up on a google search, and you'll get different amounts.

And again, troll after someone else.  

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

More lies..

Illinois Teacher High School Salaries
Job TitleSalaryLocation
Teacher High School$55,176Champaign,IL
Teacher High School$62,485Chicago,IL
Teacher High School$62,485Cicero,IL
Teacher High School$54,233Decatur,IL
26 more rows

Teacher High School Salaries in Illinois and by education, experience ...

https://www1.salary.com/IL/high-school-teacher-salary.html
Quoting grandmab125:

Ignorant comedians are a blight on this earth.

Chicago teachers with a bachelor's and 5 years experience make $62,000.  They are the highest paid teachers (of the nation's largest school districts) in the country.  That's hardly chicken feed.  And OMG, the benefits they get are outstanding.

The hs teachers in my town averaged $95,000 a year.  And that's old data from 2010.  I can't imagine what they are making now.

Quoting billsfan1104: Pretty sad that Seth Myers thinks that all teacher drive only 15 year old cars, and dontnhave health care, or a liveable wage.
Many many many teachers make damn good money, have Cadillac health insurance and drive brand new cars.
I know teachers that live in 200k homes and drive brand new cars.
Stop making teachers into martyrs. They are great people, but they are not as destitute as you think.

Quoting GrayDuck41:

Pema_Jampa
by on Mar. 10, 2018 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting billsfan1104: Just note, that I know what you are doing with your profile picture and you think you are funny and slick.

SkippyDo

Image result for roadkill duck

Pema_Jampa
    by on Mar. 10, 2018 at 1:32 PM
    1 mom liked this

numbr1wmn

numbr1wmn
    Pema_Jampa
    by on Mar. 10, 2018 at 6:22 PM
    1 mom liked this
    I see someone is too chicken shit to come back and explain herself.

Nice going! You totally look sane now...
    Pema_Jampa
    by on Mar. 11, 2018 at 2:14 PM
    Bump for a friend
    LGANDER
    by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2018 at 3:27 PM
    It appears that Skippy ran over and killed gray duck.
    😢
    But she reincarnated and became LGANDER.
    Hey hey hey!
    😊👍🏻

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

SkippyDo

Pema_Jampa
      by on Mar. 11, 2018 at 3:28 PM
      1 mom liked this
      LMAO

I would have gone with skippylovesgrayduck

Quoting LGANDER: It appears that Skippy ran over and killed gray duck.

�

Hey hey hey!

���

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

SkippyDo

LGANDER
        by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2018 at 3:37 PM
        LOL 😂🤪

Quoting Pema_Jampa: LMAO

I would have gone with skippylovesgrayduck

Quoting LGANDER: It appears that Skippy ran over and killed gray duck.
        �
        Hey hey hey!
        ���

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

SkippyDo

numbr1wmn
          by Lina on Mar. 14, 2018 at 1:23 PM

LMFAO awwwww Multiple personalities is a mental disorder ducky you know that right? LMFAO

Quoting LGANDER: It appears that Skippy ran over and killed gray duck. 😢 But she reincarnated and became LGANDER. Hey hey hey! 😊👍🏻
          Quoting Pema_Jampa:

SkippyDo

Add your quick reply below:
            You must be a member to reply to this post.
            Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
            Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)