Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

'The View' host apologizes to Pence about comments on religion

Posted by   + Show Post

'The View' host apologizes to Pence about comments on religion

The comments had been directed at Vice President Pence.

Disney CEO Bob Iger, in an address to a shareholder meeting in Houston, said that Behar had apologized “for things she has said about Christians and the Trump administration,” according to multiple media reports.

“Iger says Joy Behar apologized for things she has said about Christians and the Trump administration. Iger agrees that was appropriate,” the Los Angeles Times’s Daniel Miller tweeted.

The Wall Street Journal's Joe Flint, who is attending the shareholder meeting in Houston, also tweeted on Thursday that Behar had apologized directly to Pence.

“Disney CEO Bob Iger says he took exception with Joy Behar's remarks about Christianity and VP MIke Pence,” wrote Flint. “Says Behar apologized to Pence.”

A White House source close to the vice president confirmed to The Hill that Behar had apologized to Pence.

The Hill has reached out to ABC for comment.

The controversial remarks were made on "The View" by Behar on Feb. 13.

“I don’t know that I want my vice president, um — speaking in tongues and having Jesus speak to him,” co-host Sunny Hostin said of Pence.

“It’s one thing to talk to Jesus. It’s another thing when Jesus talk to you,” added Behar. “That's called mental illness, if I'm not correct. Hearing voices.”

Pence had criticized Behar’s comments a day later.

“To have ABC maintain a broadcast forum that compared Christianity to mental illness is just wrong,” Pence told C-SPAN. “It is simply wrong for ABC to have a television program that expresses that kind of religious intolerance.”

by on Mar. 8, 2018 at 7:31 PM
Replies (41-41):
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2018 at 1:18 PM

Lol, pretty sure she calls herself a Christian.  Also pretty sure that the type of
Christianity you have professed to follow was a "new age cult thingie" at one time as well.

Quoting Sweet_Faith: Oprah isn't a Christian, she has her own new age cult thingie going on.
Quoting GrayDuck41: It sounds typical of a Christian but do we know for sure that’s what she said? The media is full of stories. Fiction. I saw her on a morning show —GMA? And she said she knew she didn’t want to be president.
Quoting Btamilee2753: Well she seems to be waiting on him to tell her if she should run for president or not. LOL
Quoting GrayDuck41: Yes He really really is! Why do people not see it? Yikes And I doubt Oprah � hears God�. �
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

No, I haven't seen it, but I'll bank that Oprah is more mentally stable than Pence.  And Joy said this about Pence, not Oprah.  This post is about what Joy said to Pence, not what Oprah said. Why is it that everytime Trumpers feel attacked, they cannot keep on topic, they cannot defend, they have to attack someone else. Why is that? Pence is fucking nuts.  I said it multiple times and you didn't defend him.  That's really, really sad.  

Quoting Btamilee2753: think she did not mean what she said?  LOL  It seemed very apparent that she believed it would take Jesus telling her if she should run before she would throw her hat into the ring.  Did you even see her interview?

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Uh huh.  Oprah, I'm sure, was speaking tongue in cheek.  Pence is serious.  Dude actually thinks Jesus has conversations with him.  Dude is fucking nuts.

Quoting Btamilee2753:

Hoping she feels the same about Oprah waiting for Jesus to let her know if she should enter the Presidential race.  Hmmmm.....

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Joy did NOT compare Christianity to mental illness.  She said if you hear voices, particularly hear Jesus talking to you then THAT is a sign of mental illness, and she's right.  It's one of the signs of schizophrenia; hearing voices and being convinced that Jesus talks to you.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)