Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

John Kelly blames Trump for White House chaos in off-the-record meeting

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2018 at 6:14 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
White House chief of staff John Kelly acknowledged that President Donald Trump is the source of much of the chaos in the West Wing in an off-the-record meeting with reporters Friday.

Axios, who was not at the meeting but spoke to three sources close to it, reported that Kelly relayed that “it’s likely that Trump is talking to people outside the White House and that reporters are then talking to those people.”

Report Advertisement
When discussing news of both actual and speculative cabinet shake-ups over the past week, Kelly “cast Trump’s own conversations as a significant contributing factor.”

The remarks were made less than a day after news broke that the president may remove national security adviser H.R. McMaster from office and a few days following Trump’s announcement via tweet that he is replacing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson with CIA Director Mike Pompeo.

https://www.axios.com/scoop-behind-closed-doors-kelly-says-trump-probably-contributing-to-staff-chaos-stories-76c76b7c-a4ac-406a-b174-ff54e36b5080.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twsocialshare&utm_campaign=organic
by on Mar. 16, 2018 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ILive4This
by Robin on Mar. 16, 2018 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Duh :D

romalove
by Roma on Mar. 16, 2018 at 11:00 PM
2 moms liked this

He's going to be fired soon, it won't matter what he says or thinks.

They are alllll going away.

sugarsmom2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:09 AM

oh my .he brought some order to  a dismal white house . until he stepped up he did help bring some order to a personal wreck of a leader . now with him saying this that man will lose his job or is he tired of trying to stop big mouth from shooting himself in the foot .

PPCLC
by Lisa on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:29 AM

Yet according to other news reports, Kelly is doing what he can to quiet rumors:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/16/politics/john-kelly-white-house-staffing/index.html

Quite a bit of conflicting stories out there and IMO, these "sources" are responsible for many rumors.

Quoting -Celestial-:  Axios, who was not at the meeting but spoke to three sources close to it,
SuG4
by Firestarter on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:36 AM
I guess Kelly is ready to leave.
smorgan865
by Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:38 AM
2 moms liked this
The whole place is just a dumpster fire disaster.
tiafez
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Trump needs chaos. if they mistrust each other, they can't be working against him. or so he seems to think.

romalove
by Roma on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I also think there's a bigger picture going on, in which Trump now feels comfortable enough to get rid of anybody who isn't completely quote-unquote with him. I see him getting rid of all of them McMaster, Kelly, sessions, Rosenstein... I see him wanting to put his people in at doj and FBI. I see him doing whatever he wants to, and can, so that he can make any problems for him go away.

Quoting tiafez:

Trump needs chaos. if they mistrust each other, they can't be working against him. or so he seems to think.

tiafez
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:50 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't think he understands that he is being watched and every move is furthering the case against him. Whatever he's so afraid of is huge.

Quoting romalove: I also think there's a bigger picture going on, in which Trump now feels comfortable enough to get rid of anybody who isn't completely quote-unquote with him. I see him getting rid of all of them McMaster, Kelly, sessions, Rosenstein... I see him wanting to put his people in at doj and FBI. I see him doing whatever he wants to, and can, so that he can make any problems for him go away.
Quoting tiafez:

Verified BM/SM/BOB .... wwnsdd?

cgd5112
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:56 AM
2 moms liked this
I read a tweet that said that by trump firing people and not filling their positions, he may be consolidating power to only him and family. Very dictator -like ... Conspiracy theories are all over the place , but I thought this was interesting ...
Quoting romalove: I also think there's a bigger picture going on, in which Trump now feels comfortable enough to get rid of anybody who isn't completely quote-unquote with him. I see him getting rid of all of them McMaster, Kelly, sessions, Rosenstein... I see him wanting to put his people in at doj and FBI. I see him doing whatever he wants to, and can, so that he can make any problems for him go away.
Quoting tiafez:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)