Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else think that this country can really use a Summer Olympics here..... ASAP?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2018 at 8:51 AM
  • 107 Replies
1 mom liked this
I don’t care what state it’s in! It just seems like we might just need an event that lifts everyone up.

Thoughts? It’s safer than a war.
by on Mar. 17, 2018 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smorgan865
by Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:44 AM
The USOC has a money issue with the IOC and won’t allow bids until it’s resolved. Boston tried, and the USOC squashed the attempt before they could bid.
K3412
by Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:47 AM
I really don’t think that’s a good option for our country right now. The political climate, violence, all the costs associated with it - it’s really not a good event to host.
SuG4
by Firestarter on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe so.... but it’s better than a military parade which would really cost a ton of money.

Quoting K3412: I really don’t think that’s a good option for our country right now. The political climate, violence, all the costs associated with it - it’s really not a good event to host.
SuG4
by Firestarter on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:54 AM
Oh wow! Thanks for the info!

Quoting smorgan865: The USOC has a money issue with the IOC and won’t allow bids until it’s resolved. Boston tried, and the USOC squashed the attempt before they could bid.
Olioxenfree
by Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 10:00 AM
LA is hosting the 2028 Summer Olympics.
K3412
by Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 10:00 AM
That logical makes zero sense. It’s not like we have to pick one and those are the only options.

And hosting the Olympics would cost much more than the proposed parade. I don’t think people realize how expensive it is.

Quoting SuG4: Maybe so.... but it’s better than a military parade which would really cost a ton of money.

Quoting K3412: I really don’t think that’s a good option for our country right now. The political climate, violence, all the costs associated with it - it’s really not a good event to host.
SuG4
by Firestarter on Mar. 17, 2018 at 10:06 AM
I’m sure it is expensive. And I’m basically talking about something that most people can get behind. And who really doesn’t like the Olympics? At least the summer ones.

BTW..., I’m not trying to make sense! LOL I’m just wondering out loud.... thank you very much! :)

Quoting K3412: That logical makes zero sense. It’s not like we have to pick one and those are the only options.

And hosting the Olympics would cost much more than the proposed parade. I don’t think people realize how expensive it is.

Quoting SuG4: Maybe so.... but it’s better than a military parade which would really cost a ton of money.

SuG4
by Firestarter on Mar. 17, 2018 at 10:07 AM
Wait...... what?? I hope I’m still alive. LOL

Quoting Olioxenfree: LA is hosting the 2028 Summer Olympics.
romalove
by Roma on Mar. 17, 2018 at 10:09 AM
No
SuG4
by Firestarter on Mar. 17, 2018 at 10:13 AM
Well alrighty then! Quick and to the point! 😂

Quoting romalove: No
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)