Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can we...

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:02 PM
  • 85 Replies
6 moms liked this

Have a political discussion on CM that does NOT devolve into bickering...pettiness...anger and name calling?  It would be great to exchange ideas and thoughts in that manner.

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.  ~Robert Pirsig

by on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Nope

yspyg1978
by on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Nope

Humor me...why???

Surely everything doesn't have to be an argument here at CM.

It is tiresome.

Mrs.KAZ
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:15 PM
4 moms liked this
No, not when there are those few who need and like the drama, and dredging up ass old grudges and baggage, and then saying they don't like drama, or they are misunderstood🙄

ETA: We can have good discussion and debate, but then it seems one comes along and eventually details it. It is tiresome, and why I don't come around a lot. I'm actually thinking of just closing my account, because it's not entertaining or good conversation really anymore.
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:17 PM
5 moms liked this

Quoting yspyg1978:

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Nope

Humor me...why???

It is tiresome.

Really? You don't really know the answer to this?  

A.  You have zero control over how individuals decide to interact.  

B.  There are individuals whose goal is to disrupt and distract, they will not comply simply because you asked.  

C.  There are too many individuals holding long-standing grudges and resentments and they refuse to put them away and live to unpack that baggage every chance they get.  

The more people try to control the behavior of others the more people push back.  All you can do is control your choice and choose not to engage those who drag their garbage from post to post.  If people would ignore those side discussions and not engage in them debates could be had around them.  

yspyg1978
by on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Mrs.KAZ: No, because there are those few who need and like the drama, and dredging up ass old grudges and baggage, and then saying they don't like drama, or they are misunderstood🙄

Thanks for illustrating my point. If inadvertedly.

Regardless if someone brings up old baggage or old grudges or drama...can't we (as adults) ignore that and keep focused at the subject at hand? Not respond to any form of negativity, rudeness or baiting.

Seriously?

numbr1wmn
by Lina on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:24 PM
no. unfortunatly
Mrs.KAZ
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:24 PM
3 moms liked this
I actually ignore about 4 people in here, and I won't go into their posts or comment to them. When they are in a thread, I know it will go to hell, so don't even bother.

Quoting yspyg1978:

Quoting Mrs.KAZ: No, because there are those few who need and like the drama, and dredging up ass old grudges and baggage, and then saying they don't like drama, or they are misunderstood🙄

Regardless if someone brings up old baggage or old grudges or drama...can't we (as adults) ignore that and keep focused at the subject at hand? Not respond to any form of negativity, rudeness or baiting.

Seriously?

yspyg1978
by on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:28 PM

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Quoting yspyg1978:

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Nope

Humor me...why???

It is tiresome.

Really? You don't really know the answer to this?  

A.  You have zero control over how individuals decide to interact.  

B.  There are individuals whose goal is to disrupt and distract, they will not comply simply because you asked.  

C.  There are too many individuals holding long-standing grudges and resentments and they refuse to put them away and live to unpack that baggage every chance they get.  

The more people try to control the behavior of others the more people push back.  All you can do is control your choice and choose not to engage those who drag their garbage from post to post.  If people would ignore those side discussions and not engage in them debates could be had around them.  

I agree that the only CONTROL we have is our own response.

Sadly, it seems like there are so many political issues right now that would make for very interesting discussion and even a sharing of ideas...seeing both sides of an issue...but every thread seems to turn into a shouting match instead. No. I don't understand why adult human beings can't just have a discussion.

Debmomto2teens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:30 PM
Umm.. no.
yspyg1978
by on Mar. 18, 2018 at 12:31 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Mrs.KAZ: I actually ignore about 4 people in here, and I won't go into their posts or comment to them. When they are in a thread, I know it will go to hell, so don't even bother.
Quoting yspyg1978:

Seriously?

I am relatively new here. But I am learning quickly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)