Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clinton: 'I meant no disrespect' with Trump voter comments

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2018 at 12:53 PM
  • 87 Replies

Clinton: 'I meant no disrespect' with Trump voter comments

Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton is providing an explanation for controversial comments she made earlier this month about voters who supported President Trump during the 2016 election.

“I understand how some of what I said upset people and can be misinterpreted,” Clinton wrote in a lengthy Facebook post late Saturday explaining her remarks.

“I meant no disrespect to any individual or group. And I want to look to the future as much as anybody.”

Clinton was heavily criticized for the comments, in which she described the states that supported her during the election as more economically advanced than those that supported Trump.

“No, it’s not helpful at all,” Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) told “Fox News Sunday,” when asked about Clinton’s statements. “In fact, my friend Hillary Clinton is wrong.”

Clinton also implied that women who cast a ballot for Trump did so due to “ongoing pressure to vote the way that your husband, your boss, your son, whoever, believes you should.”

“As much as I hate the possibility, and hate saying it, it’s not that crazy when you think about our ongoing struggle to reach gender balance — even within the same household. I did not realize how hard it would hit many who heard it,” Clinton said in her explanation.

Clinton said she hopes the clarification “helps to explain the point I was trying to make.”

by on Mar. 19, 2018 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
motherslove82
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 12:54 PM
9 moms liked this
She's said it repeatedly, so she definitely meant it.
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 19, 2018 at 12:54 PM
6 moms liked this
Meh..... own what you say.
SuG4
by Firestarter on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Yeah right!
owl0210
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:01 PM
4 moms liked this
"states that supported her during the election as more economically advanced than those that supported Trump."

She wasn't lying about that.
PPCLC
by Lisa on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:01 PM
9 moms liked this
Oh BS, HRC!

She's backpedaling big time but she's also said these things before.

She is no supposed "feminist" I would care to know or lead the country I call home.
MsDenuninani
by A.Ham on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:02 PM
9 moms liked this

Hillary, I say this as someone who voted for you, and totally respects your career in public service -

You're going to have to learn how to shut the fuck up. 

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:03 PM
8 moms liked this
Doubtful that she can do that

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Hillary, I say this as someone who voted for you, and totally respects your career in public service -

You're going to have to learn how to shut the fuck up. 

Coffeechoco12
by Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Not a Clinton or Trump fan. I voted for a Trump because he seemed the less evil of the two. He’s trying to screw up the country but Congress is keeping him in check.

She’s said that multiple times so she’s full of crap. No man tells me what to do. She needs to fade away.
anxiousschk
by anxiouss on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:10 PM
16 moms liked this

She still can't understand why she didn't get elected, can she? 

Shit like that.  That's why.  

She's so damn awful.  She can't get out of her own way.  She honestly thinks she so much better than everyone else -- man I can't stand her.  

Not like I can stand the POTUS either -- but she's awful.  

ILive4This
by Robin on Mar. 19, 2018 at 1:12 PM

I totally agree.

I don't like the other comment though...the husband thing. 

Quoting owl0210: "states that supported her during the election as more economically advanced than those that supported Trump." She wasn't lying about that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)