Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jim Carrey Under Fire for a Painting That Looks Like Sarah Huckabee Sanders

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:39 AM
  • 102 Replies

Jim Carrey recently painted a picture that bears a jarring resemblance to White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, and the Internet is both hailing and criticizing the actor.

Carrey tweeted a picture of his art with the caption, “This is a painting of a so-called Christian whose only purpose in life is to lie for the wicked. Monstrous!”

The painting may take a dig at Sanders, but the tweet itself seems to mimic President Donald Trump’s own social media usage and phrasing, who often uses exclamation points after one or two-word phrases, such as “disgraceful!” or “witch hunt!”

Many reactions on Twitter denounced Carrey’s portrait, calling him “sexist” and a “bully.” Former governor of Arkansas and presidential candidate Mike Huckabee — and Sanders’ father — tweeted that Carrey is a “Pathetic BULLY, sexist, hater, bigot & ‘Christaphobe.'”

But there were some people who did not completely disagree with Carrey’s art. One Twitter user called Carrey’s painting “interpretive art work.”

According to the Daily Beast, Carrey began painting about six years ago to “heal a broken heart,” but his artwork became increasingly more political in November. Much of Carrey’s work now revolves around political satire, including portraits of Rick Gates,who pleaded guilty in February in Robert Mueller’s investigation, and Sen. Marco Rubio.

A spokeswoman confirmed to Associated Press that the painting is Carrey’s, but would not confirm it was of Sanders.

http://time.com/5205361/jim-carrey-sarah-huckabee-painting/

by on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh boy....
Sparkles4Lui
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:42 AM
I saw a meme on Facebook about her that made me cringe.
jws120567
by Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:45 AM
6 moms liked this

Oh, ffs!  Now who are the snowflakes?  Whining over a painting, so stupid.

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:46 AM
7 moms liked this
I dont see how this is sexist or misogynistic

But ok
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:46 AM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Lol
Luvnlogic
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:47 AM
7 moms liked this
It’s certainly not complimentary, but I don’t see how it’s sexist, bigoted, Christophobic, or really even bullying. Maybe Mike needs to look up the definitions of those words...and worry more about his own disgusting comments.
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I like Jim Carrey and he's a decent artist, but he's going to alienate a lot of fans and with his lack of work lately, that might not be the best idea.

Another hollywood liberal contributing to the death of "movie stars".
I.Am.Jester
by on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:51 AM
7 moms liked this

Well I hope none of these thin skinned people ever watch SNL, or read the New Yorker, or go on the internet, at all, ever.....

Feelers gonna get hurt.

handy0318
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:54 AM
7 moms liked this

Actually if calling out the sins of Christians would make one a "Christophobe", then Jesus is the biggest Christophobe of us all. ;)

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:56 AM
11 moms liked this
I thought y'all were tired political correctness and wanted people to feel free to speak their truth. I think he captured her quite well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)