Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newest pre-ordered book... This one is going to be good.

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:45 AM
Sif
  • 9 Replies
3 moms liked this

I'm going to be waiting a long time though...

by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LGANDER
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:51 AM
Yesssss!
PPCLC
by Lisa on Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:54 AM
Depending on the content, I wouldn't mind reading this one.

While she's disappointed me in this past year, I have tremendous respect for Michelle Obama.
Reading.Rainbow
by Sif on Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting PPCLC: Depending on the content, I wouldn't mind reading this one. While she's disappointed me in this past year, I have tremendous respect for Michelle Obama.

While I totally agree that the things she said while campaigning for Hillary were a bit ridiculous, I really want to hear about what her life was like as First Lady.

I got Laura Bush's book "Spoken from the Heart" a few years ago and it was actually really good.

I think Biographies might be my favorite genre.

Seafaith
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:03 AM

Can't wait! I can't wait to give it as a gift to my daughters and grand daughters.

KittyMom1026
by Scorpio on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:03 AM

I'm looking forward to reading it.

PPCLC
by Lisa on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:03 AM
Some of her comments in the past year or so, for me, were a turn-off.

I don't mind biographies but if I read one, I do so with my mind open to the reality that not all biographies are truthful.

Quoting Reading.Rainbow:

Quoting PPCLC: Depending on the content, I wouldn't mind reading this one.

While she's disappointed me in this past year, I have tremendous respect for Michelle Obama.

While I totally agree that the things she said while campaigning for Hillary were a bit ridiculous, I really want to hear about what her life was like as First Lady.

I got Laura Bush's book "Spoken from the Heart" a few years ago and it was actually really good.

Reading.Rainbow
by Sif on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:05 AM

Well... And also, Biographies are based on their own perspective. That doesn't mean that someone else going through the same situation wouldn't have a totally different perspective, but it's still interesting to me.

Quoting PPCLC: Some of her comments in the past year or so, for me, were a turn-off. I don't mind biographies but if I read one, I do so with my mind open to the reality that not all biographies are truthful.
Quoting Reading.Rainbow:

Quoting PPCLC: Depending on the content, I wouldn't mind reading this one. While she's disappointed me in this past year, I have tremendous respect for Michelle Obama.

SAMIAM2001
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:21 AM

This is not a book I will get.  She is really full of herself lately, and I cannot take her seriously anymore. 

PPCLC
by Lisa on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:30 AM

This is where I think some readers tend to get confused depending on who the subject of the biography is.

Quoting Reading.Rainbow:

Well... And also, Biographies are based on their own perspective. That doesn't mean that someone else going through the same situation wouldn't have a totally different perspective, but it's still interesting to me.

Quoting PPCLC: Some of her comments in the past year or so, for me, were a turn-off. I don't mind biographies but if I read one, I do so with my mind open to the reality that not all biographies are truthful.
Quoting Reading.Rainbow:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)