Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ronny Jackson withdraws from VA nomination

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2018 at 8:07 AM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this

U.S. President Donald Trump's physician Ronny Jackson withdrew on Thursday from the nomination to head the Department of Veterans Affairs after allegations about misconduct mounted and a Senate panel postponed his confirmation hearing.

"While I will forever be grateful for the trust and confidence President Trump has placed in me by giving me this opportunity, I am regretfully withdrawing my nomination to be Secretary for the Department of Veterans Affairs," Jackson said in a statement.

The Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs was investigating allegations that Jackson, who has been physician to three presidents, had overseen a hostile work environment as White House physician, drank on the job and allowed the overprescribing of drugs.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-doctor-ronny-jackson-withdraws-va-nomination-115755731.html
by on Apr. 26, 2018 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
msb64
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2018 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Wise move.

AliasKat
by on Apr. 26, 2018 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
This seems like a good choice .
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Apr. 26, 2018 at 8:16 AM
3 moms liked this
What is it with trump and fifths. His dr drinks them his lawyer pleads them..
PamR
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2018 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Apart from all the allegations of inappropriate behavior on the job, Dr Jackson was not qualified for the job.  Being someone the president personally likes doesn't make you capable of running an enormous bureaucracy like the VA.  Possibly the administration could search for a qualified candidate?  Just for the heck of it?

Btamilee2753
by Lee on Apr. 26, 2018 at 8:42 AM

What qualification do you believe are necessary for this position?  Do you believe the nominee should be a politician, Military personnel or involved in the health care industry ?  The reason I ask is that this position is huge, and honestly I am not sure anyone who is chosen will satisfy everyone.  

Quoting PamR:

Apart from all the allegations of inappropriate behavior on the job, Dr Jackson was not qualified for the job.  Being someone the president personally likes doesn't make you capable of running an enormous bureaucracy like the VA.  Possibly the administration could search for a qualified candidate?  Just for the heck of it?

romalove
by Roma on Apr. 26, 2018 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh well
MonarchMom22
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2018 at 8:44 AM
5 moms liked this

I would think someone with a background in hospital administration might be a good choice. At the very least they should have experience with managing large organizations and being accountable with public funds along with a healthcare background.

Quoting Btamilee2753:

What qualification do you believe are necessary for this position?  Do you believe the nominee should be a politician, Military personnel or involved in the health care industry ?  The reason I ask is that this position is huge, and honestly I am not sure anyone who is chosen will satisfy everyone.  

Quoting PamR:

Carpy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2018 at 8:48 AM
Anon sources with nothing to back them up.
CraziestTexan39
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2018 at 8:51 AM
2 moms liked this
His own words are in doubt for you? It's just out in EVERY publication.

Quoting Carpy: Anon sources with nothing to back them up.
jessilin0113
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2018 at 8:53 AM
Are you referring to his withdrawal or to the allegations?

Quoting Carpy: Anon sources with nothing to back them up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)